Thread: Let's start actually playing CTF

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Pvp system in AL is broken. In many mmos, pvp is a massive content with many features and goals.

In a larger picture, you fight for your fraction. Or if the game is like a sandbox mmo, guilds band together to fight and hold a Fort / Castle that benefits the guild and alliances as a whole. Here specific classes are required with specific roles to defend, scout, hold a break in point (tanks required here), etc.

In a more personal part of pvp, there are pvp arena. You take part to climb a pvp ladder to get pvp points to get pvp specific gears that make one OP in pvp and the effects should not spill over to pve content. Not just your name plastered on some meaningless leaderboard.

The pvp content grows and balance is maintained. Anyone who choose one class and play it really well should be able to handle any class in pvp. Some better than the other. Then you would have to tweak your build if you need to be more effective against another class.

Anyone who is into pvp will understand this. If you don't then you probably did not pvp much in AL and partake in pvp related content in the other mmos you played (notice the detail - I used and - which means you have to do both to really have some experience to compare pvp in a non bias way). Or you have been into pure role playing games.

Of course there are many other pvp content I have not mentioned. But balance is key for every one of them regardless of complexity.

STG please wake up. The moment you think you are the greatest and that you have reached the pinnacle you stop improving on things. Least I remind you that pvp content is a major content in any great mmo. Neglect this and you will end up closing off this game eventually. A full pvp focused mmo is also incomplete without pve. Just focus on AL and drop your new pvp focused title, for the sake of yourselves and the community. WOW lasted for 10 years. Why not AL?
    Last edited by Leonut; 02-06-2015 at 10:55 PM.