Thread: Hmmm.... Decisions...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    I rarely if ever use a mana pot, and use few health pots in full Mega Mage.
    Edit: and as I said above, H/s won't save you from using health pots. There's no time as a low armor/ low health mage to wait around for health regen to slowly replace lost health. Do as you wish, but if you try out a low mana regen, high health regen setup, it won't be long before you're shopping for Mega Mage. That's what killed Int mages at the 40 cap. Elite Int gear at the time had high H/s and even armor and dodge but was terrible in practice and almost all mages turned pally (this was the dawning of the pally era) because Str gear had mana regen.
    So pallies came about because of low mana regen? Wow - so was the previous era one of pure int/hybrid domination?

@Pharcyde:

I don't find myself spamming pots in the sewers a lot. I once tested it out - even with my mana shield depleted (I deliberately allowed those green things in the roach motel to do it), I did not need mana pots. At 47 M/S, it's really not needed. Of greater concern though was health pots. Of course, in most situations, it's unlikely that you'll find yourself out of mana as an int mage with int pinks these days. You don't really use that many pots as int mage either, even if you stay to the front.

There are some things I disagree with for the Sewers, but one thing I do agree with is that all possible builds have end-game equipment that could in theory, suit their needs.

Int mage/hybrid: Mega Mage
    Pally: Fury Fighter (hopefully this one changes to Royal Sewer and gets patched)
    Strength Mage: See Above
    Dex Mage: Sewer King

I'm not sure which build benefits though from Sewer Queen. It seems Mega Mage is best for int mages.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 03-06-2011 at 10:14 PM.