Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Default Hmmm.... Decisions...

The Devs might release a crown set bonus. Which most likely will go with the Enchanted set.

So do you guys think the bonus would be worth converting your Mega Mage sets into h/p factories for the set bonus and super high armor from the crown?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

hmm- you might want to get the recipes jsut in case- if it doesnt happen sell the recipes- and if it does, pharcyde wins again.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    hmm- you might want to get the recipes jsut in case- if it doesnt happen sell the recipes- and if it does, pharcyde wins again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

No way, I need my M/S!!!
    56 Majormajic - 55 Majortank - 5 Majorfive
    Pocket Legend Inc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

If anything I think the set bonus with the enchanted crown will go with other enchanted items. Since that stuff is all garbage, it's totally pointless to get the enchanted crown unless you are just hoping that they will change enchanted stats (which I hope they do). Personally I am getting the enchanted crown simply because I am an insane collector of mage gear, but I'm gonna try to level up another chanracter so I can get a more useful crown (like customized) as well, which I would be far more likely to use.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    I think I've become addicted to high mana regen. It actually does have some uses now that I've tried.

If you go into a crowd, rush in as pure int, absorb (for bandit boys, the bird does a blast shot-like attack) a few blows and cast your mana shield, you can quite literally simply stay in the center and nuke away with your mana shield. It won't deplete due to the high mana regen. By the time it does, if you are a pure int, well, the mob will be dead anyways from your spells.
    Of course, Mega Mage ftw! However none of the crowns have M/s, and you gotta pick one of them Customized seems like the best crown for a mage currently, unless they fix the enchanted stats.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I think I've become addicted to high mana regen. It actually does have some uses now that I've tried.

If you go into a crowd, rush in as pure int, absorb (for bandit boys, the bird does a blast shot-like attack) a few blows and cast your mana shield, you can quite literally simply stay in the center and nuke away with your mana shield. It won't deplete due to the high mana regen. By the time it does, if you are a pure int, well, the mob will be dead anyways from your spells.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No enchanted set sucks no mana regen and H/S is useless for mages.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I agree with what is said above. I wouldn't want to live without the insane mana regen rate anymore. Who needs h/s if magic shield and the turbo charged m/s grant you virtual immortality for 12 secs. I wouldn't craft my mm set for the world, or they would have to come up with some serious stats tweaks and/or set bonusses for the enchanted stuff.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    I agree with what is said above. I wouldn't want to live without the insane mana regen rate anymore. Who needs h/s if magic shield and the turbo charged m/s grant you virtual immortality for 12 secs. I wouldn't craft my mm set for the world, or they would have to come up with some serious stats tweaks and/or set bonusses for the enchanted stuff.
    Not immortal though. The bandit boy bird can still take out your shield. As can an unfortunate barrel. You'll last if your blessings of vitality is up, but be ready to gobble up some health pots just in case.

The only time that mega mage would be worth crafting is if they offered the health AND the mana regen. Of course, unless they made all sets address their weaknesses, this would make enchanted somewhat OP. If the devs did give crafted sets the benefits of uncrafted ones, the Sewers level would take a decline in difficulty overall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Even when the set bonuses come out, I don't see them differing from a normal enchanted set bonus, or would they be?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Even when the set bonuses come out, I don't see them differing from a normal enchanted set bonus, or would they be?
    That would be my guess, that they would just make the enchanted crown interchangeable with the enchanted cowl for the enchanted set bonuses. It's possible they could make a set with the crown and MM or SQ gear though, or just one enchanted crown set with other enchanted gear but a bigger bonus, I would just guess those seem less likely.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I actually find M/S useless other than post-battle PvP. I'm gonna get two sets, one for PvP and one for PvE. Id rather have h/s instead of m/s in PvE. I can pot up anytime I need m/s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    I actually find M/S useless other than post-battle PvP. I'm gonna get two sets, one for PvP and one for PvE. Id rather have h/s instead of m/s in PvE. I can pot up anytime I need m/s.
    Sorry but that sounds crazy to me. Mana fuels your skills. You can heal every few seconds, giving you far more health regen than even enchanted gear has. You can also use health pots any time you want. I can see absolutely no reasonable argument for a mage to want H/s over M/s, or in fact over literally any other stat. H/s should be the last stat you ever think about. Mages have to heal or health pot after taking any meaningful hit, or they risk being 1-shotted. H/s never even has a chance to act, so is completely worthless for an Int mage.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Sorry but that sounds crazy to me. Mana fuels your skills. You can heal every few seconds, giving you far more health regen than even enchanted gear has. You can also use health pots any time you want. I can see absolutely no reasonable argument for a mage to want H/s over M/s, or in fact over literally any other stat. H/s should be the last stat you ever think about. Mages have to heal or health pot after taking any meaningful hit, or they risk being 1-shotted. H/s never even has a chance to act, so is completely worthless for an Int mage.
    I have gotten into the habit of nonstop spamming mana and health pots anyways. I always have plenty enough mana and struggle with health. Mana shield only lasts so long and health is open for attacks a lot more then mana. So nothing will change when I switch over, other then the fact that I am now generating slightly more h/s and less m/s. Pure int mages usually spam both pots nonstop anyways.. or else they are toast in the sewers.

Edit: have you also put the 6-8 extra int into consideration? I am a damage junkie, that 6-8 int doesn't add a lot by itself, but all spells combined, it adds a hefty bit of damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    I have gotten into the habit of nonstop spamming mana and health pots anyways. I always have plenty enough mana and struggle with health. Mana shield only lasts so long and health is open for attacks a lot more then mana. So nothing will change when I switch over, other then the fact that I am now generating slightly more h/s and less m/s. Pure int mages usually spam both pots nonstop anyways.. or else they are toast in the sewers.

Edit: have you also put the 6-8 extra int into consideration? I am a damage junkie, that 6-8 int doesn't add a lot by itself, but all spells combined, it adds a hefty bit of damage.
    I rarely if ever use a mana pot, and use few health pots in full Mega Mage.
    Edit: and as I said above, H/s won't save you from using health pots. There's no time as a low armor/ low health mage to wait around for health regen to slowly replace lost health. Do as you wish, but if you try out a low mana regen, high health regen setup, it won't be long before you're shopping for Mega Mage. That's what killed Int mages at the 40 cap. Elite Int gear at the time had high H/s and even armor and dodge but was terrible in practice and almost all mages turned pally (this was the dawning of the pally era) because Str gear had mana regen.
    Last edited by Royce; 03-06-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    I rarely if ever use a mana pot, and use few health pots in full Mega Mage.
    Edit: and as I said above, H/s won't save you from using health pots. There's no time as a low armor/ low health mage to wait around for health regen to slowly replace lost health. Do as you wish, but if you try out a low mana regen, high health regen setup, it won't be long before you're shopping for Mega Mage. That's what killed Int mages at the 40 cap. Elite Int gear at the time had high H/s and even armor and dodge but was terrible in practice and almost all mages turned pally (this was the dawning of the pally era) because Str gear had mana regen.
    So pallies came about because of low mana regen? Wow - so was the previous era one of pure int/hybrid domination?

@Pharcyde:

I don't find myself spamming pots in the sewers a lot. I once tested it out - even with my mana shield depleted (I deliberately allowed those green things in the roach motel to do it), I did not need mana pots. At 47 M/S, it's really not needed. Of greater concern though was health pots. Of course, in most situations, it's unlikely that you'll find yourself out of mana as an int mage with int pinks these days. You don't really use that many pots as int mage either, even if you stay to the front.

There are some things I disagree with for the Sewers, but one thing I do agree with is that all possible builds have end-game equipment that could in theory, suit their needs.

Int mage/hybrid: Mega Mage
    Pally: Fury Fighter (hopefully this one changes to Royal Sewer and gets patched)
    Strength Mage: See Above
    Dex Mage: Sewer King

I'm not sure which build benefits though from Sewer Queen. It seems Mega Mage is best for int mages.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 03-06-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Okay thankyou for your input Royce. I think I will try both regardless (as I am a Int item collector junkie like yourself).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

RIP Twinktastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

see my post royce... itsss sooo epic. its on the page before this
    RIP Twinktastic