Thread: Suggestions for STS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Default Suggestions for STS

I saw a thread yesterday talking about bullying. I said just ignore, but later I realized, people still have emotions on the Internet (I knew this, but I didn't take that into account). People will be offended even when they click the ignore button, and I know a lot of people who play video games to escape the real world bullying. As a former victim of bullying, I'm giving some suggestions to STS. They probably won't care, but that's their loss unfortunately.
    1. Make the support team bigger. Honestly everyone is tired of the copy and paste messages that we get. Support has helped people with in game mistakes and stuff, but they struggle with the most important stuff, like scamming and bullying. I say hire a bigger support team, so you have more time to investigate things and to actually look at the situation.
    2. Look at the chat log more. If I'm not mistaken, STS has a chat log as well as an item log. Every player should have one which should be accessible by only STS. Everytime a player is reported, their log should be scanned. Honestly, the ban should for bullying should be a long term mute or ban depending on the number of offenses and how severe it was.
    3. Release an in game statement about bullying. As you guys may know, only a small percentage of the AL population uses forums. An even smaller percentage uses it frequently. Releasing an in game message will at least tell everyone.
    4. Whenever you see someone being bullied, tell the bully's guild master. Their guild master will hopefully give them the boot.
    5. STS start playing more often. Log on to normal accounts and play PVP just to see what's happening. Often you don't see these problems, and just trying it out like any other player will give you our perspective.

I hope STS sees this and at least considers it.
    Obee, the fun-loving mage!
    Last edited by obee; 02-09-2015 at 08:54 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to obee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

tbh everything u said is worth implementing, but prolly wont.

Yall just need to get used to the fact that half of the internet is people bullying to make themselves feel better, or doing cruel things because they think their anonymous.

Its the internet. Get Used to it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trollish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    I saw a thread yesterday talking about bullying. I said just ignore, but later I realized, people still have emotions on the Internet (I knew this, but I didn't take that into account). People will be offended even when they click the ignore button, and I know a lot of people who play video games to escape the real world bullying. As a former victim of bullying, I'm giving some suggestions to STS. They probably won't care, but that's their loss unfortunately.
    1. Make the support team bigger. Honestly everyone is tired of the copy and paste messages that we get. Support has helped people with in game mistakes and stuff, but they struggle with the most important stuff, like scamming and bullying. I say hire a bigger support team, so you have more time to investigate things and to actually look at the situation.
    2. Look at the chat log more. If I'm not mistaken, STS has a chat log as well as an item log. Every player should have one which should be accessible by only STS. Everytime a player is reported, their log should be scammed. Honestly, the ban should for bullying should be a long term mute or ban depending on the number of offenses and how severe it was.
    3. Release an in game statement about bullying. As you guys may know, only a small percentage of the AL population uses forums. An even smaller percentage uses it frequently. Releasing an in game message will at least tell everyone.
    4. Whenever you see someone being bullied, tell the bully's guild master. Their guild master will hopefully give them the boot.
    5. STS start playing more often. Log on to normal accounts and play PVP just to see what's happening. Often you don't see these problems, and just trying it out like any other player will give you our perspective.

Do you mean Scanned?

To topic,

I was both a victim of bullying (cyber and RL), and a bully back in middle school (I stopped after a week because I realized what bullying does to people)

I know bullies bully others because:
    1. They believe they will be "Cooler" and will be "Accepted" by others
    2. They are jealous of what the victim has (whether its money, items, more skill), or believes that the victim can't do anything about that.
    3. They believe that is OK to bully someone

I also know what/how the victim feels:
    1. Hurt (Physically/Emotionally) and/or offended
    2. Un-accepted/outcast
    3. (sometimes) believing that they are not "Good enough" to others.

What to do if bullied:

If online:
    • Forget what the bully has said, because the more you think on what they said, the more it hurts.
    • Talk to someone about that (because if you keep thinking about that, it will hurt you more and more)

If Real life:
    • Do NOT fight the bully (as you will both get into trouble)
    • Tell a trusted adult

I remember I had 3 bullies in 9th grade. They bullied me because of my height, near zero friends, my posture (I had Scoliosis). I reported them to an Assistant Principal, they got them on tape, then suspended them from school.

What to do if you see someone being bullied (Both online and RL)
    • Do your best to get the bully to stop
    • Talk to the victim, try to make them feel better
    • Report the bully
    Last edited by Schnitzel; 02-09-2015 at 06:55 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    Do you mean Scanned?

To topic,

I was both a victim of bullying (cyber and RL), and a bully back in middle school (I stopped after a week because I realized what bullying does to people)

I know bullies bully others because:
    1. They believe they will be "Cooler" and will be "Accepted" by others
    2. They are jealous of what the victim has (whether its money, items, more skill), or believes that the victim can't do anything about that.
    3. They believe that is OK to bully someone

I also know what/how the victim feels:
    1. Hurt (Physically/Emotionally) and/or offended
    2. Un-accepted/outcast
    3. (sometimes) believing that they are not "Good enough" to others.

What to do if bullied:

If online:
    • Forget what the bully has said, because the more you think on what they said, the more it hurts.
    • Talk to someone about that (because if you keep thinking about that, it will hurt you more and more)

If Real life:
    • Do NOT fight the bully (as you will both get into trouble)
    • Tell a trusted adult

I remember I had 3 bullies in 9th grade. They bullied me because of my height, near zero friends, my posture (I had Scoliosis). I reported them to an Assistant Principal, they got them on tape, then suspended them from school.

What to do if you see someone being bullied (Both online and RL)
    • Do your best to get the bully to stop
    • Talk to the victim, try to make them feel better
    • Report the bully
    Thanks for the grammar fix, it's pretty ironic though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

2. Look at the chat log more. If I'm not mistaken, STS has a chat log as well as an item log. Every player should have one which should be accessible by only STS. Everytime a player is reported, their log should be scanned. Honestly, the ban should for bullying should be a long term mute or ban depending on the number of offenses and how severe it was.

Dong forget to tel devs/mods not to use maxed gear wich they do :/

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nevercan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good to know you didn't stop posting suggestions Obee since I left.

But tbh, It takes alot of work. Alot of mods/devs and alot of cash to provide salary. AL is not at the state of glory anymore, have you seen its no. in appstore? Will take melleniums to do and cash to make reality.

Nheedles