Thread: A couple things i want to ask ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question A couple things i want to ask ...

so as the title said here are some things i want to know and still confuse about :

-which one is better, necroptic,magmatic,living armor or ice scale ?
    -does frost bolt is aoe based? does taking the aoe upgrade take effects on the skill?
    -which one is better? taking the fifth upgrade of the fireball? or take the first uppgrade of the frostbolt for potentially more DoT skills?
    -does DoT skill has limits on mobs? (i.e. only 2 skills can be stacked)
    -which pets is best for pve? yowie or blinky? yowie has hp upgrade while blinky has crit boost?
    -which passives i should get?
    -why take 5 skills? when you can dump the skill into passives?
    -staff or guns? (stats or damage?)

im sorry for the noob question and sorry for the english

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

-Ice scale set has 10-15 more damage, ancient druid has 100 more health (living is a no-go).
    -If charged only, it becomes AoE, slows down and damages surrounding mobs. Taking the first upgrade is arguably useless if you're a staff mage.
    -The 25% hit% reduction is useful but since most of the mobs are knocked down, you lose two to three out of the five seconds of the debuff. Useful for unstunnable mobs at elite Tindirin and Planar Mobs.
    -There are some caps on how many mobs a skill can affect (6 for fireball and frost bolt but seemingly unlimited for time shift).
    -Blinky is really good for PvE, the mass slowdown, crit boost, damage and decent HP make it the pet to go for. Alternatively Ethyl.
    -Depends on your level but at L41, as a sorc, you should have STR, INT, DEX and critical passive maxed.
    -Five skills helps us sorcs have a better chance in PvP. For PvE, perhaps sacrifice a few points from crit passive for Gale Force to get back after dying in elite maps or dash through easy maps faster.
    -Guns, always guns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    -Ice scale set has 10-15 more damage, ancient druid has 100 more health (living is a no-go).
    -If charged only, it becomes AoE, slows down and damages surrounding mobs. Taking the first upgrade is arguably useless if you're a staff mage.
    -The 25% hit% reduction is useful but since most of the mobs are knocked down, you lose two to three out of the five seconds of the debuff. Useful for unstunnable mobs at elite Tindirin and Planar Mobs.
    -There are some caps on how many mobs a skill can affect (6 for fireball and frost bolt but seemingly unlimited for time shift).
    -Blinky is really good for PvE, the mass slowdown, crit boost, damage and decent HP make it the pet to go for. Alternatively Ethyl.
    -Depends on your level but at L41, as a sorc, you should have STR, INT, DEX and critical passive maxed.
    -Five skills helps us sorcs have a better chance in PvP. For PvE, perhaps sacrifice a few points from crit passive for Gale Force to get back after dying in elite maps or dash through easy maps faster.
    -Guns, always guns.
    So the frostbolt itself is aoe based?
    And sir, thank you
    Youre a life saver

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

If you just unlock it and use it uncharged, it's single target. If you charge it (without any upgrades), it'll slow down six surrounding mobs (AoE). Also, the first upgrade for 20% chance to freeze surrounding mobs does work but, if you release charged ice while very close to a tightly packed mob, you'll notice that 100% six of them will freeze even without the said upgrade. This will never happen if you use it from distance unless you have unlocked the first upgrade. So, depends on your playstyle but I usually take it on pure PvE builds.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sweet this help me a lot
    And just one last thing, what upgrades do u get for gale? Just movement boost?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Like most of the skills, depends on how you want to use it. For PvE, gale can be used for the 50% armor boost which can substitute arcane shield plus add a little extra damage or it can be used only as a dash skill. It should be noted that gale users with the dash upgrade are generally avoided in elites since most cannot control the skill well and end up scattering the mobs, propelling themselves to the middle of the enemy mob and dying.

So since I'm focusing on elites, the workaround I had found to get both 50% armor and a reasonable speed running back in the fight in elites was to skip the dash upgrade completely and just swap to a high speed pet (12-15% speed) until I got back close (or if it's a long map, use an ankh). But that's from when I was playing around with gale, I've come to switch back to a shield build for more survivability at Planar Tombs and easier character control. You can test without the AoE upgrade at first, it limits the mob scattering effect and allows you to get a feel on how the skill works.

As a main skill:
    -50% armor
    -2 extra seconds down
    -(optional) AoE on charge

As a dash skill:
    -propulsion on charge
    -(optional) 50% armor
    -(optional) AoE on charge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I think im gonna get it for the dash,, believe ive met mage with zero experience in gale when im in elite...it just scattered my mob here and there and make more work for our party to do T.T
    Arcane shield ftw!