Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Perfect Solution to a very VERY controversial subject regarding Elite Level 56.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Default Perfect Solution to a very VERY controversial subject regarding Elite Level 56.

I will try to make this thread as easy to read as possible. So to start, I will make a summary of all information involved in this thread.

Summary -
    • Controversy of Level 56
    • Information on what happens once level cap is raised
    • What does this mean for people who have and have not achieved the rank in time?
    • My suggestion to fix the problem
    • How this idea can extend the total game play of this game

Controversy -
    So the controversy behind the Elite Level 56 is what will happen after the level cap raises. Will there be a random level requiring a insane amount of exp confusing players? Will it be taken away and leaving players who have been working hard to obtain it out of luck? Will the crown(s) be available after the level cap raise and make the former elites look like a average joe? The devs have two choices, leave the cap, and confuse or irritate oncoming players, or take it away and make old and extreme players very mad. So my solution is the perfect solution to make both sides happy.

Info on what happens after the level cap raise -
    So here is exactly what will happen once a new level cap comes out.
    • Level 61 will be the new OFFICIAL Elite Level.
    • Exp required for 56 will be divided by 10, and return to its normal amount needed to level.
    • People who have obtained exp while attempting to reach level 56 will be divided by 10. So if you have 75,000 exp, you will now only have 7,500 exp.
    • The Crown(s) of persistence will be discontinued, meaning they will be a limited time rare item.

What does this mean for people who have and have not achieved the rank in time? -
    What this all means is that a lot of people will be angry.

Have obtained the rank in time -
    Pros:
    Will now have a limited time item the others who are just now joining the game or did not reach the rank will not have.

Cons
    You will NOW have to obtain the new Elite Level 61 rank.
    The 86k exp you had to obtain, others will now only have to obtain 8.6k, a very large difference in exp required.

Did not obtain the rank in time -
    Pros:
    Well you no longer have to get 86k exp to get level 56.

Cons
    You no longer are able to get the elite helm, and all your work goes to waste.
    If you have acquired exp for 56, it will be divided by 10, so many hours of hard work are instantly wasted.

My suggestion to fix the problem
    My suggestion would allow players to obtain the elite rank EVEN after the level cap raise.
    So while playing in Balefort Sewers, a player can obtain "Credit" specifically for Balefort Sewers. Credit would be retrieved in the same way exp does, except it cannot be used for anything but getting elite. So this means that you can continue onto the new dungeon and level up, BUT you will not recieve credit for it. You may only get credit while in balefort sewers, meaning a player would have to play 86,000 credits worth of balefort sewers to obtain elite.

Once a player has earned 86,000 credits, he may return to the fallen lord in Muck Huvel and do the final "ELITE" quests. They may also get the Crown of Persistence still.

How Credit will work -
    • Credit would be granted each time a person gets a kill. The values would be the same as exp granted per kill DEPENDING on threat level.
    • Exp Elixir's would still have the same effects on credit as they do exp, so waters of wisdom grants x3 credit for 5 minutes.
    • Parties still effect the Credit bonus in the same way parties effect the exp bonus.
    • Credit DOES NOT affect a players level or gold.
    • Once enough credits have been reached, the player may talk to the fallen lord and get the "Elite" stuff.
    • Since the level is meant to be achieved when maximum level was 56, this means that credits needed for elite will raise each time you level. So it still takes just as long to reach, no matter what level you are. So it is still "TRUE ELITE".
    • Credit can still be obtained after 86,000. Meaning a leaderboard would be available for individual dungeons and people could see the most elite players in that dungeon. (Who plays that particular dungeon the most).
      - Edit_Added key point: When level cap is raised, current level 55's exp will be converted into credits. Meaning they loose no progress, the only thing they loose is the exp (divided by 10 to restore to normal amounts). But 100% credit will still be there.

How this idea can extend the total game play of this game -
    • The Elite Credit system can be applied to all dungeons. So every dungeon in the game will have a elite status and elite item.
    • Since this adds a new leaderboard, more competition arises, which means more playing for the individual.
    • Since it gives you the "Elite Rank", you will be able to see a players elite ranks in their avatar. So visual achievements for other players to see.
    • There would be an overall Elite leaderboard as well, to see the all time elite players, or players who have played the game the most.

Tell me what you guys think, I think this is the perfect idea on fixing the elite rank and avoiding a lot of anger in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Nice, bruh. I like it.
    What I thought was confusing was if whether just the guys who were at 55 and were like halfway to 56 could only receive credits from BS, or for EVERYONE.
    I say everyone, but right now as it is, if your 55 during the level cap raise and are close to 56. Countless hours of work go to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Not to mention, unless I am reading this wrong or missing something, does not account for the people who did make it to 56 not getting credit for that XP over the new proposed 8600-ish XP for the proposed 56. Am I missing a point somewhere? Would that extra 77K XP we earned be applied to future levels?

Then I totally disagree with this entire post, if that is the case...and so would all the other 56s who spent a lot of time grinding it out. There has got to be some other compromise between the existing 56s and the 55s that are somewhere on the way to 56.
    Did I forget to add that point into my thread?

If I understand what your asking correctly, you are asking if current 55's on their way to 56 will loose all progress then no. When the level cap is raised, all exp gained will be converted into credit, so you will be just as close to elite as you were before the level cap. The only difference is your exp will be divided by 10, but you will still have 100% of the credit.

Edit: Just re-read your posts, the compromise is that level 55's who don't make it on time still have to get every single inch of exp from Balefort Sewers. The only difference between the two is that one was under the impression that they were under a timeline, the other has no timeline. Think about it like Cyber. How many people these days are still taking the time to do it? Quite a few, but they still have to go through the entire quest series and put 100% of their time and effort into it. The only difference is they are doing cyber now, vs when it first came out.
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 03-06-2011 at 11:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Oh, I didn't know the Crown would be a limited item... ugh. Any idea when they will bring about this change?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Junside View Post
    Oh, I didn't know the Crown would be a limited item... ugh. Any idea when they will bring about this change?
    Finished the suggestion now, and hopefully they take a long time with the next client update.... No word as to when it will be out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Nice, bruh. I like it.
    What I thought was confusing was if whether just the guys who were at 55 and were like halfway to 56 could only receive credits from BS, or for EVERYONE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

great idea- a win win
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Nice, bruh. I like it.
    I say everyone, but right now as it is, if your 55 during the level cap raise and are close to 56. Countless hours of work go to waste.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This is very discouraging for players like myself, I'm level 55 with 30,000 xp, I'm trying really hard to grind it out in time..but i feel the hammer about to come down..i WANT NEED that helm..would be upsetting to miss out.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

You know.. I never send suggestions to the devs, I think this will be my ONE AND ONLY suggestion I send to the devs. Since I feel so strongly about this one and it is within boundaries that the devs can do. Not to mention it has advantages in extended gameplay, a problem they are struggling to get currently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

This sounds similar to the faction/rep system from WoW. I like it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

i dont think a new map will come out soon. BS is still new..
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skavenger216 View Post
    This sounds similar to the faction/rep system from WoW. I like it!
    Is it? I have never played WoW

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Guys you've got months probably. I really like it better the way it is. This is just confusing and devalues the crown, and the whole point of grinding out 56.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I like the idea of adding an Elite Item Quest for each dungeon showing that you have "mastered" the levels. This can be done very simply with the current quest system. Basically just make up a "thousand snowball quest" for each dungeon and the quest reward is an elite item. Maybe make them vanity items so that people will want to use them not matter what level.

To me, the grind to level 56 is not a big deal. I much prefer earning some XP towards level 56 as I farm for my level 55 equipment. If I get to 56 before the next level cap increase, great. If not, no big deal. There will be a new crown of persistance at level 61.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Not to mention, unless I am reading this wrong or missing something, does not account for the people who did make it to 56 not getting credit for that XP over the new proposed 8600-ish XP for the proposed 56. Am I missing a point somewhere? Would that extra 77K XP we earned be applied to future levels?
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The extra XP is "lost" for lack of a better term.

Would it have been better to leave the level cap at 55? I actually like gaining XP at 55 as I farm the sewers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Then I totally disagree with this entire post, if that is the case...and so would all the other 56s who spent a lot of time grinding it out. There has got to be some other compromise between the existing 56s and the 55s that are somewhere on the way to 56.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Is it? I have never played WoW
    Yes, very similar. In WoW, each area has a faction associated with it (sometimes more than one). Kills in dungeons of that area award rep points for that faction along with exp, and at different rep levels you unlock different rewards/items through that faction, ranging from vanity items, to pets, to even equipment.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Did I forget to add that point into my thread?

If I understand what your asking correctly, you are asking if current 55's on their way to 56 will loose all progress then no. When the level cap is raised, all exp gained will be converted into credit, so you will be just as close to elite as you were before the level cap. The only difference is your exp will be divided by 10, but you will still have 100% of the credit.

Edit: Just re-read your posts, the compromise is that level 55's who don't make it on time still have to get every single inch of exp from Balefort Sewers. The only difference between the two is that one was under the impression that they were under a timeline, the other has no timeline. Think about it like Cyber. How many people these days are still taking the time to do it? Quite a few, but they still have to go through the entire quest series and put 100% of their time and effort into it. The only difference is they are doing cyber now, vs when it first came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Guys you've got months probably. I really like it better the way it is. This is just confusing and devalues the crown, and the whole point of grinding out 56.
    What about the players that join the game a month from now? What happens when they are at 40k exp til 56 and they get screwed over?
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 03-06-2011 at 11:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

That is not what I am saying.

What I am saying is this: One of the devs said something along the lines of the new 56 will be roughly 8600 xp, after whatever update. Don't quote me on that, but it was something to that effect. So for the sake of easy numbers, we will say that is about 75,000 xp less than the current 56.

What I am asking/saying is....what happens to that "extra" 75,000 exp, after the update, that all current 56s earned to get to the current 56? Is it applied as credit towards 57/58/etc? I do not see any mention of this in your initial post.

If the suggestions from others are "too bad", then I will disagree one million percent. We spent a lot of time and gold getting to 56, and yes our reward was the Crown of Persistence...which as currently stands is not part of a set and some don't even wear it because of this (Sidenote: this may change with an update, of course). I have nothing against people halfway to 56 getting credit for whatever exp they have gotten toward 56, they should not just lose 20k, 40k, whatever they have ground out and absolutely deserve to get credit somehow for it too!

But there should be some compensation, so to speak, for the people who DID make it to 56 and ground out the obnoxious 83,840 exp. Credit towards the next level or two, if nothing else. That is almost as much exp, if not more, than 1-50 combined. Look at it from a 56s perspective....would you be happy potentially losing out on all of that exp you put time/in-game gold into?

Maybe I am just having a reading comprehension fail and not seeing this in your first post. I am not bagging on your post, it is very well thought out I just see something that is possibly not addressed.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 03-06-2011 at 11:18 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

That 75,000 will not be applied to the next level. Afterall, that counters everything the devs are trying to do. The main problem the devs are having is that players are finishing their content way before the next update comes out. So they get bored and quit the game. If that 75,000 exp automatically gets applied, then you will be done with the new client update months before the next one comes out.

You loose nothing though, right now all this exp your getting really isn't exp. Once you pass 8,600 exp, you ARE end level. The other exp in that level is like a bonus to keep you occupied while the next dungeon comes out. As you saw, there are already several 56's at end game. So after 8,600 exp, consider everything you are getting is credits for elite. There would be absolutely no point in having a new elite level, if everyone exp transferred over. They would all already be halfway or more through all the content before they even played it once.

So what I am trying to explain here is that if you find yourself at lvl 55, halfway to 56. Then the level cap comes out, you wont loose 40,000 exp and walk off with nothing. It will be converted into credits ONLY FOR Balefort Sewers and no other dungeons.

I see your argument, I also understand your agrument. I agree with your argument too, but right now as it stands with the devs, it is "sorry, you snooze, you loose". Then they leave you out of 40,000 exp and many wasted hours of runs. So it's hard to disagree with the only option that is being presented that doesn't screw you over if you don't make it in time. So this suggestion is a way of trying to convince the devs to not screw people over of 98% of their exp and tell them tough luck.