Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How Physiologic Plays PL: A video example on how to be an archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Really good!

If only I can find a tripod like that...
    Lol were you being sarcastic? The tripod was composed of two toilet paper rolls and a bottle of neutrogena cream.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    Lol were you being sarcastic? The tripod was composed of two toilet paper rolls and a bottle of neutrogena cream.
    No not at all! Lol I couldn't open some videos on my phone, so I didn't really see the tripod. Only saw how stable it was taping your iPad from that view

I just can't find a way to video my iPad like that, without having someone actually hold the phone on top, but then it's wobbly. I'll definitely try and look for one soon.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 03-07-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Physiologic,

I used to be extremely cautious when playing and while sometimes I would run ahead I would tend to stay back from afar and attack. While this was effective it's not half as effective nor as fun as being the "damage" guy. I have taken all your tips and the video into play and I am now, finally, enjoying PL again without having to rely on mages.

I was always stingy with pots, why spend money on pots when mages should be healing. At least, that's how I used to see it. Sadly, though, a lot of the newer players cannot get to gripes with their roles in a team. Thankfully I now can, thanks to this post and others of yours.

Thanks very much for this contribution and bringing the fun back into PL for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Come to think of it, I have a quick question.

Do you "blatter" your way through your skills or do you have some form of order, other than what is already mentioned on previous posts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    No not at all! Lol I couldn't open some videos on my phone, so I didn't really see the tripod. Only saw how stable it was taping your iPad from that view

I just can't find a way to video my iPad like that, without having someone actually hold the phone on top, but then it's wobbly. I'll definitely try and look for one soon.
    Try putting you iPad against a wall and record. That what I did. The appearance is that it is on flat on the ground. But really its not
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srcnix View Post
    Physiologic,

I used to be extremely cautious when playing and while sometimes I would run ahead I would tend to stay back from afar and attack. While this was effective it's not half as effective nor as fun as being the "damage" guy. I have taken all your tips and the video into play and I am now, finally, enjoying PL again without having to rely on mages.

I was always stingy with pots, why spend money on pots when mages should be healing. At least, that's how I used to see it. Sadly, though, a lot of the newer players cannot get to gripes with their roles in a team. Thankfully I now can, thanks to this post and others of yours.

Thanks very much for this contribution and bringing the fun back into PL for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by srcnix View Post
    Come to think of it, I have a quick question.

Do you "blatter" your way through your skills or do you have some form of order, other than what is already mentioned on previous posts?
    You're very welcome! You'll have some deaths here and there from charging in the frontline but you'll get more and more used to this type of aggressive play - it is very fun and more exciting than just sitting in the back

And yes, I do have a set order in which skills are used, though not followed 100% of the time. Check section V in this guide (the skill map example). Buffs first, Thorn Root/Blinding Shot/Break Armor/Repulse Shot on random single mobs, Thorn Wall when there's a particular large group of mobs (for mages to Nature Strike), and Cruel Blast combo whenever surrounded. It's way too chaotic to follow that in-game of course but that's about the gist of things Also, get in the habit of using skills as soon as they're available, but do this smartly - you don't want to use Thorn Wall or Cruel Blast on a single enemy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    You're very welcome! You'll have some deaths here and there from charging in the frontline but you'll get more and more used to this type of aggressive play - it is very fun and more exciting than just sitting in the back

And yes, I do have a set order in which skills are used, though not followed 100% of the time. Check section V in this guide (the skill map example). Buffs first, Thorn Root/Blinding Shot/Break Armor/Repulse Shot on random single mobs, Thorn Wall when there's a particular large group of mobs (for mages to Nature Strike), and Cruel Blast combo whenever surrounded. It's way too chaotic to follow that in-game of course but that's about the gist of things Also, get in the habit of using skills as soon as they're available, but do this smartly - you don't want to use Thorn Wall or Cruel Blast on a single enemy.
    Thanks Physiologic, great help!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

lol! good one Nice example thanks. Curious as to way bagman and not drainer set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Nice post Physiologic. Nice to see someone giving the example out of staying in the front with the bird. When I run with a good bear like Ellyidol, MrWallace, Aabe, etc. I try to stay on top of them as they run in front. As soon as they beckon in the mob, I can lay down my combos and thorn wall for the following mages to clean up the leftovers with lightning. Works for fast clean runs.

I tend to use a ton of health and mana pots, but it is a more fun way to play (at least for me).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apostar View Post
    lol! good one Nice example thanks. Curious as to way bagman and not drainer set
    Bagman's has massive crit/damage/DPS - drainer's has more armor but is really lacking in the damage department.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree, Echelong, it gets very frustrating when you have someone not pulling their weight in a group, or even worse, "the lone ranger". I can't stand people that are in Farming or exp runs, and they are off doing their own thing, oblivious that a group exists.... arg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I cant view video :0 on Itouch btw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

thanks- you have given me ispiration to evel my birdy
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As if the video wasn't smart enough you had to have the pepsi can idea too xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Pepsi is the true drink of champions Great refreshing taste and a wonderful camera holder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Er dude wish you said u were recording, i would have brought the A game haha, I played sloppy that run ;mao and randoms screwing up combos :P

next vid 4 bird 1 mage group :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow look at how fast his thumb is moving. Do you get tired playing like that for long? You used a total of 45 pots which is a lot for most people that are poor like myself. With a leading bear, you wouldn't use that many potions and kill as fast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"o my fellow archers: your days of staying in the back, timid and afraid because your armor is too squishy, are over. You belong in the head of the battlefield, right next to the mages and warriors. Don't be lazy and NEVER hold off on skills because you're afraid of aggro. You chose to be the best damage dealing class, so fulfill your role. I hope some of you may be inspired and take charge as well."
    +1

How are u just ganna make a video and not put a shoutout to me in the background... >.>
    You know u love me. lol jk, but why didn't u speak bruh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

If I had a nickel for every time Phys got a +1, I'd be a trillionaire by now.