Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How Physiologic Plays PL: A video example on how to be an archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Phy, you never stop to amaze me in both games and on forums lol. I too, am ashamed and inspired when I run with you. People should pay for your service up front when they join your group like I have been lol. I still dont remember how I leveled from 53-55 in 1 night with you

I knew something was up when seeing you rocking bagman's and like i said last night, it's the player, you will still wipe the floors with anything even if you are in cyber ( then of course both you and Moog loaded Cyber up and we still did like 3 something in hideout )

Awesome work.

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    I agree with you Physio, its not the gear but the player itself. Some players just don't want to pull their weight or want to depend on others to do the killing and healing. I try to keep everyone alive in a group even if I am the only one, I try to do the most damage possible and not die, but a lot of players think that if there is an enchantress on the group they don't need to use any health pots because thats my job.

The past few days I have been farming on what I can say are elite groups and I don't think I can run pugs anymore they tend to be very painful. Maybe running in these groups just spoiled me but I prefer to farm plasma pyramid than go on random pugs because on bosses like Gold Fever 1 player can wipe a team or slow down runs enough to make it worthless.
    Exactly, Echelong.
    I've always grouped with 1 mage and another friend (lv50bird/bear/mage) pre-BS campaign for same reason of a strong core group base into a PUG game. If they are not on, I practice how my skills can improve by soloing, or help out other friends need with boss etc.

Since BS I ran into birds like Phy/Moog/Elar/Kujen, mages such as yourself and Attackelf, bears like Warhammerben and TerminatorHK and tons of other awesome players (I named because longest grouping time)

Like you I been spoiled because I feel like I found my core group once again. But it's more than just melting the mobs away and getting a pink. It's the chat, the personality and willingness/understanding of one another, extending a hand when in need, having patience and building relationships, it's really the thoughts that counts and what good MMORPG experience should be.

There are seas of awesome players out there and everyone can improve their game by learning on forums/in game ( I don't think i really knew how to play until lv48 / started to read forums heh ) Although it's becoming hard to have a long list of good player friends and only get to play with 4 of them at same time and cant join other parties.
    Perhaps later on bigger scale of game will take place where you need 4 groups of 20 players to enter a map and co-op a portion of maps in order to take down the final big boss.

For all the wonderful posts by forum members, I thank you/applaud for all your hardwork to better the community.

Happy huntings all~
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I'm thinking ... maybe I should be more aggressive with mage; I wouldn't need nearly as many health pots as I heal and my mana regen means that I won't need mana pots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    I'm thinking ... maybe I should be more aggressive with mage; I wouldn't need nearly as many health pots as I heal and my mana regen means that I won't need mana pots.
    I thought you are already aggressive Attackelf ^^
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I have no idea how you play. I watched it twice and I can't really tell what you're doing lol I assume it is very under control though. But looked like skill mashing. But I'm sure that isn't it.

I have a very simple set up, divided into two combos, not a flurry of attacks like you do. But of course, I have a warbird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seriously, I fight like this. Only diff I use Underling set and use root skills in a group of mobs.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Thank you all for your kind words

Few replies:
    @IAmBored - I overpotted in my run to ensure I would have 0% chance of death, so my pot usage is usually 15-20 per round with a selected team.
    @Junside - There's button mashing, and then there's smart button mashing. It's perfectly fine to button mash on mobs, as soon as your skill is available. But finger memory allows me to make quick educated decisions on Thorn Wall and Cruel Blast placement. All other single-targeting attacks are pretty much button mashed, and that's what allows you to be a fast killer. If you're slower than a button masher, you will do less total damage/DPS/DPM. Of course, you don't button mash when there's no mobs around. I just prefer to use my skills immediately when they are available, and when there are mobs around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ok, like Junside, I was overwhelmed by your actions and couldn't always tell what exactly you were doing with regard to mob control and skill selection. I think I'll rewatch it a few times. But I did notice one thing I was confused about. You seem to hammer on the targeting button. I do this too, accidentally. Which brings up my question? What purpose does it serve if you are already targetting something to keep hitting the button? Doesn't that turn off your autotarget or are you watching it for how fast you kill a mob and reset it? Or can you explain how that works?
    PL: Jemnus - Lvl 54 Archer; Nasoji - Lvl 54 Enchanter; CaptainUrsa - Lvl 35 Bear;
    AL: Jemnidad - Lvl 30 Sorceror; Starkazm - Lvl 13 Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JemNI View Post
    Which brings up my question? What purpose does it serve if you are already targetting something to keep hitting the button? Doesn't that turn off your autotarget or are you watching it for how fast you kill a mob and reset it? Or can you explain how that works?
    I play almost identically to Phys, although with a slightly different skill map...style is the same. So...

It is in order to target the next mob. As soon as I see 'auto' disappear, I know that mob is dead and I tap it to lock the next. It may look like random tapping/de-targeting, but at least for me, it is not. And I'd be willing to bet a lot of pretzels that Phys is doing the same...targeting the next mob in a split second as soon as 'Auto' disappears. Yeah, I occasionally randomly hit it on accident when I shouldn't and un-target someone, but another tap re-locks them.

Controlled chaos is the key to aggressive up-front archery: Staying alive while dealing max damage possible. It is not random button mashing
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JemNI View Post
    Ok, like Junside, I was overwhelmed by your actions and couldn't always tell what exactly you were doing with regard to mob control and skill selection. I think I'll rewatch it a few times. But I did notice one thing I was confused about. You seem to hammer on the targeting button. I do this too, accidentally. Which brings up my question? What purpose does it serve if you are already targetting something to keep hitting the button? Doesn't that turn off your autotarget or are you watching it for how fast you kill a mob and reset it? Or can you explain how that works?
    When I'm running in the front about the clash with 5-10 enemies, I don't think about "hmm which skill combo should I do first" at all. The single-target attacks can be spammed without any regard - just spam whenever they are available. You do have to watch out for Thorn Wall placement and Cruel Blast placement, as these are the only AoE attacks an archer has. So just keep that in mind - spam away with everything else, and use Thorn Wall and Cruel Blast with a little thought.

And Moog is right - I do occasionally spam the Auto-Attack because once an enemy dies, you have to tap it again to lock to the next enemy. Spamming auto-attack ensures that an enemy is always locked. Staring at an enemy's health until it falls to zero and then tapping it again detracts attention from the other mobs, at least for me. It's also annoying to be running around attacking and realizing that the enemy you auto'd is already dead, and I am not auto-attacking anyone while I'm thinking I am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    When I'm running in the front about the clash with 5-10 enemies, I don't think about "hmm which skill combo should I do first" at all. The single-target attacks can be spammed without any regard - just spam whenever they are available. You do have to watch out for Thorn Wall placement and Cruel Blast placement, as these are the only AoE attacks an archer has. So just keep that in mind - spam away with everything else, and use Thorn Wall and Cruel Blast with a little thought.

And Moog is right - I do occasionally spam the Auto-Attack because once an enemy dies, you have to tap it again to lock to the next enemy. Spamming auto-attack ensures that an enemy is always locked. Staring at an enemy's health until it falls to zero and then tapping it again detracts attention from the other mobs, at least for me. It's also annoying to be running around attacking and realizing that the enemy you auto'd is already dead, and I am not auto-attacking anyone while I'm thinking I am.
    Ya forgot to mention that your fingers are as quick as lightning. I would have to play me in 4X to be able to match your speed. No wonder some kids think I am slow... that's because: I am! LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

That was fun to watch! I don't know all of the archer skills so I couldn't really tell what you were doing but it looked like you were in fast motion! Archer skills regenerate so much faster than mage skills! You make me want to level my bird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Stomp, are you playing on the phone or an iPad/Galaxy pad? I think everyone's optimal reaction time is on a phone device simply because the thumb is big enough to glide through all the skills, whereas you need more hand movement using a pad device.

And yes Panda, being a bird is very fun indeed It's exciting to charge in the front bashing pots and skills and generally ripping apart mobs while you're thinking "I wonder if I'm going to die"...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Stomp, are you playing on the phone or an iPad/Galaxy pad? I think everyone's optimal reaction time is on a phone device simply because the thumb is big enough to glide through all the skills, whereas you need more hand movement using a pad device.

And yes Panda, being a bird is very fun indeed It's exciting to charge in the front bashing pots and skills and generally ripping apart mobs while you're thinking "I wonder if I'm going to die"...
    I am playing on a G-Tablet (10" screen) Tegra 2 processor!

Tablet = fast. Stomp = Slow. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I want to know how you recorded that almost 100% quality, when i put my camera to the iphone, it looks like this:

And i have like a $600 camera too + tripod...
    It is a 32x optical zoom cannon power-shot XS 30 IS digital photographer pro
    And yes i knew that off the top of my head.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

My videos look like crap too I have a 200$ camera but still.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frenzyn View Post
    I want to know how you recorded that almost 100% quality, when i put my camera to the iphone, it looks like this:

And i have like a $600 camera too + tripod...
    It is a 32x optical zoom cannon power-shot XS 30 IS digital photographer pro
    And yes i knew that off the top of my head.
    There is your problem. 600 dollar camera? That is way to intense for something like this. And you are using an iphone 3gs, meaning the pixels are VERY easy to see, especially with a camera like that. Try using a normal HD camera like something that comes off the iphone 4. It suits scenarios like this just right.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Even with mage and AOE attacks, it's best to try to get into an optimal position to try to hit as many targets as possible. I don't usually spam attacks as soon as they recharge, except for frostbite. I usually allow myself to get into the best position to hit the most targets. That improves your net damage considerably. You can always tell between mages that do that and the ones that button mash - their spells aren't nearly as effective because they don't hit all the targets they could be hitting. The only drawback is the increased deaths.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

@Frenzyn: I use a very bad camera...It's a 10mp Kodak I bought for like $70 or something I suppose light exposure and the macro setting has something to do with quality I got.

@WhoIsThis: Yeah, that's what I try to do as well, but unfortunately I don't many times (when I replay my videos, I think WTF to myself). But as long as you ATTEMPT to AoE mobs instead of mindless skill mashing, the outcome will still be favorable.

I uploaded 2 more vids of runs with select elite friends that I trust to do well (one is in Hideout, one is in Catacombs).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

And to cap it off, a pink for Mooger :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    And to cap it off, a pink for Mooger :P
    Today was pink day...you came too late. We had like 4 pink drops total in ~20-25 runs