Thread: Top Player Leaderboard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Default Top Player Leaderboard

The top player leaderboard is supposed to show the top overall players and top for each class. So how does it work? It uses APs, which is fine except there are many ties. So then it comes down to Pve kills.... i think pve kills should have something to do with the tie breaker for sure but i suggest a 3-way tie breaker. Pve kills, pvp kills, and flag captures. They should all hold a value like 10kpve=100flags=200pvp kills (just an example). This would now be a more accurate way to show the "top players" overall and for each class. This is my 2nd season being on top player rogue lb. And now i feel all is useless except farming pve kills :/ ... there is 1 more way this could be helped but that is more long term, adding more aps for next expansions and adding to current max aps. For example maybe 20kpvp kills, 15kflags, 250kpve etc..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Thexkid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thexkid View Post
    The top player leaderboard is supposed to show the top overall players and top for each class. So how does it work? It uses APs, which is fine except there are many ties. So then it comes down to Pve kills.... i think pve kills should have something to do with the tie breaker for sure but i suggest a 3-way tie breaker. Pve kills, pvp kills, and flag captures. They should all hold a value like 10kpve=100flags=200pvp kills (just an example). This would now be a more accurate way to show the "top players" overall and for each class. This is my 2nd season being on top player rogue lb. And now i feel all is useless except farming pve kills :/ ... there is 1 more way this could be helped but that is more long term, adding more aps for next expansions and adding to current max aps. For example maybe 20kpvp kills, 15kflags, 250kpve etc..
    PVP kills are exploitable by dummy farmers, flags...don't get me started on the number of exploits and ridiculousness of that whole end of things, and pve kills are exploitable by botting, although much less now that camp boulder no longer gives kills. So basically you're asking for the top player leaderboard to add dummy farming and flag exploits to it, even more than they already are? I only know about 5 people who got 10K flags honestly. Locking a room with your guild and free flagging up to 10k, or using other questionable methods, does not make someone a good player.

I still want to see elite kills added as a statistic, with a leaderboard for elite kills that works the same as kills work now. Maps too easy give nothing. By having to run elite maps that are fully scaled, it would be un-bottable (well, anything can be done I'm sure, but this would not be realistic) and would actually show that a person is making an effort and has skill and endurance. This would be closer to a true judge of actual player quality than adding more weight to flags and pvp kills.

5K and 10K flags should not even be ap's, for many reasons, including the fact it has completely destroyed CTF as a part of the game. There are many other reasons but those would be for another topic.

Basically the top player board means nothing much, since the ap's involve heavily exploited game features. PvP kills and CTF Flags are the ap's that are most problematic. Yes, some people did it straight up, and I know it because I am close friends with some of those players. However, the majority did not. A lot of this would be helped by seasonal leaderboards and STS cracking down on questionable practices, but until that happens, there's not going to be much movement on any of those boards, or in turn, the top player boards.
    Last edited by Serancha; 02-14-2015 at 10:56 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Why have it come down to one still exploitable stat when u can have it come down to 3 as a tie breaker. Less of a chance all 3 will be exploited. top player means alot more than pvp leaderboards because its harder to exploit. U wont get top player just farmin pvp dummies or flags lol but once u get top u can just run a pve kill bot for wt4 or kt3 and its a wrap... lol. Timed run lb means alot more now since pet spamming is gone atleast make the ones that exploit the top lb have to dummy farm and pve bot and other most likely against tos things that way theres more of a chance they will get banned by having to do multiple things making it best for those type to just go for a pvp or pve lb only needing to ither bot or dummy farm. Not both along with flags. I would even lose a few places in the lb like this. Some people below with less pve but a significant more pvp and or flags. But i feel it would open choices to how u can progress in top rogue. This isnt pve lb but is quickly becoming one. Its Overall it should come down to all.... sts give us choices keep us around. I cannot bot or compete with bots. But i can go pvp and flag at endgame while also running wt4 and it would all go to and end result. Something to work towards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Seasonal leaderboards need to be put into place. A lot of the top pve names haven't even played for a year or more, the pvp boards are chock-full of dummy farmers and free flaggers, and some of them haven't played for ages either. It wouldn't stop the exploits, but it would at least make it easier to tell who is actually playing in a given season, and who is playing clean, giving more credibility to those who actually earn spots.

The fact that the top player board is based almost exclusively on who has the 10k flag ap is ridiculous. It takes little skill to exploit the game and/or bully people into letting you run across a room 10k times.

We have not had any decent new ap's for ages, and almost all can be gained in under a week. This is where the game is lacking when it comes to top player, and non-timed leaderboards.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Well anyways back to the top player subject. A "top" player should come down to all categories. All we currently have besides timeds is pve pvp and aps. Seasonal lbs are a good idea for pve pvp and flags maybe. Elite kills are a good idea to show that u r devoted and dedicated but so do flags after the new "fix". Cannot be botted cuz cant score both sides same time. Need timing. Would be hard to not actually be playing that game and still be flagging without account sharing lol. Someone is behind that flagger. Even if someone isnt trying to kill u it still shows dedication to get 10k. Pve with a bot is the worse exploit cuz they arent even playing :/ second worse is dummy farming but atleast they r actually playing the game i guess :/ new aps will come next expansion but will they be hard enough and be unexploitable? I still think my solution is best to what i think is a problem with the top player part of the leaderboard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Elite PvE kills would be AWESOME for the LB!!!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

what if ranking was same for players as it is for guild ranks(aps,activity,started playing,kills,etc)...... i wouldn't want pvp/pve KDR in it cuz it would make things nasty.

Konan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Nice idea! Id be happy if it was like the guild ranking lb.