Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PvE Boosting (among other things)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Exclamation PvE Boosting (among other things)

So the reason for this post is to bring up two points.

1. PvE Boosting and the prevalence of it (as well as the prevalence of botting around AL)
    2. The excessive censorship on the forums (which is highly ironic because there is literally none in game)

PvE boosting per Leoakre's now deleted thread, 'Easy PvE Boosting up the LB...No Gold Needed.' has been a huge issue for Arcane Legends for quite some time now. I'm bringing this issue back up because I can feel the frustration from so many players (who I know legitimately work hard to get on the PvE and Overall leaderboards). The reason for Leo's post is primarily because there is a player who has been botting non-stop and has gotten over 500K kills in the past few weeks and has taken her rightfully earned spot.

As a person who once got pushed off the leaderboard for CTF kills in s4 because of people who were exploiting macros to farm thousands of pvp kills, I can really relate to this. I cannot imagine how hard it is to farm ONE MILLION kills. Good lord that's dedication. But to know that after all of those hours, potions, mind-numbing wt4/kt4, that someone who simply programmed a macro can take over your spot while they sleep is extremely unjust. It irks me so much that if I were them I would've quit the game a long time ago.

The point being... why has this issue not been addressed when it's been blatantly in our faces for years now. Also, why was Leoakre's post deleted? When there are fundamental aspects of the game that are being exploited, why does it take such a long time to get fixed? I realize that these things aren't that easy, but if STG wants to continue to have a successful Mobile MMORPG, then they need to prioritize these things. Plat farming is a prime example of this. NativeX pays STG per app download, which is why they give us platinum. Here is a quote from NativeX's website:

"The average revenue per download (ARPD) of the top 250 apps released since January 2012 is $0.99 in the U.S"

Knowing this, and knowing that some players downloaded the same app thousands of times (via plat farming), STG was probably making quite a fortune. There is absolutely no way that they didn't realize this was happening, and if they actually didn't... then that begs the following questions:

Why is there such a huge gap between STG and it's players, and why do they depend on the Forums to get the information they need?
    Is it because they are more focused on bringing revenue driving updates instead of fixing issues that won't bring them any more money? Do they need to have a group of players who test content (like how Madnex does), or are they just understaffed and overwhelmed?

I'm assuming that this thread is going to be deleted, and that I'm going to get either banned, or receive some sort of warning. But I value transparency and standing up for what I believe in, as many of you who have met me in game have probably experienced. Just FYI, the last two threads which I have been a part of (Leoakre's PvE Boosting thread, and Conradev's Avshovv vs Avshow thread) were both deleted by moderators.

I hope this hasn't come off as a "cry thread." I frankly am just really frustrated that these issues haven't been resolved, and that these hard working players are getting knocked down by botters who literally don't have any fear of being banned. Moving forward from this, what is your take on this information I've presented, and do you think that there are things that STG can do at this point to improve some of the fundamental issues in the game? Why do you think these issues have been ignored? PLEASE KEEP THIS CONSTRUCTIVE, BASED ON FACTS, AND DO NOT NAME DROP.

Thanks for your time.

p.s. I'm posting this because I care about Arcane Legends, and I want these issues to be clarified by a moderator, and hopefully resolved. If this gets deleted that I'll know for sure that my assumptions were correct and that my time with this game will be coming to an end sooner than I anticipated.
    Last edited by raw; 02-14-2015 at 08:54 PM.

2. The Following 46 Users Say Thank You to raw For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

I'm without words :O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

First, STS should ban the hackers, and I think that's pretty easy to find out. I think STS has ignored this, since it didn't really affect the game as much as something like platinum farming did. But they should seriously look at this, it's been happening for quite a while. Honestly, maybe even revamping the leaderboard could be a solution.
    Last edited by obee; 02-14-2015 at 08:43 PM.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to obee For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

oh oh "Rx" :/

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Raw
    I 100% agree with you. Cause I work hard also and when you have people who simply use macros isn't cool. I wish they would ban them also. Please STG look into this and take care of it. Thanks

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

The rare is that STS always talks in cap words when all comunity know something important. Example: STS jumped when all world said about the plat farming. How sts no detected in their system what many players were using plat farming?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cami View Post
    The rare is that STS always talks in cap words when all comunity know something important. Example: STS jumped when all world said about the plat farming. How sts no detected in their system what many players were using plat farming?
    Because STS wont get/lose plat out of it so why should they care...
    Last edited by xclyklcx; 02-14-2015 at 09:22 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to xclyklcx For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xclyklcx View Post
    Because STS wont get/lose plat out of it
    OHHH O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    I'm assuming that this thread is going to be deleted, and that I'm going to get either banned, or receive some sort of warning. But I value transparency and standing up for what I believe in, as many of you who have met me in game have probably experienced.

I frankly am just really frustrated that these issues haven't been resolved, and that these hard working players are getting knocked down by botters who literally don't have any fear of being banned.
    And to those 2 things i say a big AMEN.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Honestly, the only leaderboard I put any trust in are the Timed Run Leader boards, because, I know that people on those tried hard AF for their spot on them, with the other leaderboards, who can tell whether the person did it legit or was just another botter/glitcher/exploiter...
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Why isnt this thread a sticky ?
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

raw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

This thread OPEN eyes!

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

When all the plat farming thread and discussions started, I was thinking the same that why would they care they are getting the bucks...
    Last edited by GuardianTwo; 02-15-2015 at 02:25 AM. Reason: NVM

Nice Art
    Need help?
    Guardian2:Tank ; Guardian3:Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianTwo View Post
    When all the plat farming thread and discussions started, I was thinking the same that why would they care they are getting the bucks...
    And for pve farming, I had done KT4 completely legit on mage, I was playing it myself and could get around 80-100 kills I think. And complete the run in almost a min.
    So 80*59= 4720kills/hr say 1 min wasted here and there
    4720*10=47,200kills/day say did only for 10hrs
    So apparently one can reach around 300k kills in a week so 500k kill possibility in few week is ok. Even if we consider more min to complete the run, still possible I think.
    To run kraag 4 solo - full runs, playing manually (no botting) It takes approximately:
    2.5 minutes for a mythic mage
    3.5 minutes for a mythic rogue
    3 minutes for a legendary warrior on a tomb spec

You also have to add the time to go in and out of the map. I need to check my records, which are not with me at the moment, but I believe it is 140 mobs per run in Kraag 4.

So adding 30 seconds turnaround time, we'll say 4 minutes per run for a rogue with 140 mobs per run.

That means 15 runs / 2100 kills per hour.
    10 hours per day would be 21k kills.
    At this rate it would take 23 days to get 500k kills.

I don't believe it is possuble to get this kind of yield by macroing, since I understand it takes about twice as long as actually running the maps does. If it was, the average numbers on the pve board would be much higher than they are. These numbers are not even realistic for manually playing, since people need to eat, answer pm's, empty their inventories multiple times a day, take phone calls, use the washroom etc.

So yes, I agree with Conrad that it is impossible for a rogue to bot 500k kills in a few weeks, and extremely unrealistic to even do it manually. (and for the record my times are accurate since the level 41 cap and are farming times, not speed runner times)
    Last edited by Serancha; 02-15-2015 at 02:19 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    Honestly, the only leaderboard I put any trust in are the Timed Run Leader boards, because, I know that people on those tried hard AF for their spot on them, with the other leaderboards, who can tell whether the person did it legit or was just another botter/glitcher/exploiter...
    Hard.. Well, I don't know if competing only against the 0.1% of the AL population with the best gear can be considered.. Hard. I mean sure sure competing against that 0,1% IS hard. But the other 99,9% of AL has abosloutely no chance of getting on the LB lol.

Just the difference of running with one fully geared rouge with singe and a DMG buff was enough to kill bosses before enrage. However running with 3 mythic bow rouges and 1 warrior wasn't enough to kill the boss before the countdown from 10.
    Last edited by Soundlesskill; 02-15-2015 at 08:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    To run kraag 4 solo - full runs, playing manually (no botting) It takes approximately:
    2.5 minutes for a mythic mage
    3.5 minutes for a mythic rogue
    3 minutes for a legendary warrior on a tomb spec

You also have to add the time to go in and out of the map. I need to check my records, which are not with me at the moment, but I believe it is 140 mobs per run in Kraag 4.

So adding 30 seconds turnaround time, we'll say 4 minutes per run for a rogue with 140 mobs per run.

That means 15 runs / 2100 kills per hour.
    10 hours per day would be 21k kills.
    At this rate it would take 23 days to get 500k kills.

I don't believe it is possuble to get this kind of yield by macroing, since I understand it takes about twice as long as actually running the maps does. If it was, the average numbers on the pve board would be much higher than they are. These numbers are not even realistic for manually playing, since people need to eat, answer pm's, empty their inventories multiple times a day, take phone calls, use the washroom etc.

So yes, I agree with Conrad that it is impossible for a rogue to bot 500k kills in a few weeks, and extremely unrealistic to even do it manually. (and for the record my times are accurate since the level 41 cap and are farming times, not speed runner times)
    Lol Sera...go check Numbeddebmun's pves for the last 2 weeks

Maybe he is just an arcane ring rogue who knows a bigger boosting secret than anyone else before him...who knows? But he hit 1 million kills and now has past Casperox going on to 1.5 million kills since I began speaking with moderators. Maybe if the new moderators actually spent some time online in the game amongst the endgame community instead of popping in for a 10 minute cameo appearance once in a blue moon they might gain a better understanding of what the legitimate players consider acceptable and appropriate behavior. What I do know is Delphina would've yanked his butt off the leader boards by now just like she did with that player who cheated to be at the top of the flag board a few seasons ago. She even messaged me to go check the leader boards to see if anything had changed yet. Then again, Delphy was extremely visable to the whole AL community and took the time to get to know different players by visiting guilds, keeping different toons in guilds, running maps with players, making parties and hitting the PvP maps, and just casually hanging out with anyone who cared to share a few laughs. It takes so much more than just technical know-how to manage our in game community ... The personal touch is a big plus and it let's us all know that we haven't been ignored by the devs. This is an opinion, not a fact so please refrain from personal attacks.

I can honestly say that the disillusionment I felt was overwhelming when I was informed that the top rogue in the best multiplayer mobile app game is actually playing the DAILY (let's not forget the definition of DAILY) quest The Skeleton Medley 'as designed though not as intended' as he is using (abusing) it for an entirely different purpose. Hmm... How in the world can a DAILY quest be played as designed if the boss is never killed and the quest is never turned in for the DAILY token reward?!? Score one for the devs and moderators supporting the hard working players!! Pft

Just saying...

Meh
    Last edited by Seoratrek; 02-17-2015 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Less drama

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leoakre For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

What annoys me is that it takes months just to get responses from these guys, and the fact that there are so many loopholes in this guy. I know plenty of people that have been banned, but they just make a new account on a new device and they go troll and scam people. I just wish STS was more "aware", of the situation. For the millionth time, they understand the problem much better if they log on just like anyone else did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    Hard.. Well, I don't know if competing only against the 0.1% of the AL population with the best gear can be considered.. Hard. I mean sure sure competing against that 0,1% IS hard. But the other 99,9% of AL has abosloutely no chance of getting on the LB lol.
    Truth. Which is why with the review of the leaderboard system there needs to be some sort of way if incorporating more players. When I played Runescape (way back) the leaderboard evolved from the top 25 (I think don't quote me) to the top 100 and finally to include all players above a minimum level. This singlehandedly motivated me SO much and gave me a context to where I stood against other players. The website had a section for the leaderboards where you could search for any name. This made me feel like I was not just a nobody who wasn't in the elite .01%.

The board system in this game is extremely underdeveloped. The pvp and pve boards are stagnant and won't change unless someone spends hundreds of extra hours a month or macros. I mean let's be honest who is gonna get 6m pve kills in the next two years?

The last time I checked these are seasonal leaderboards so as such they should reflect the players who were the best in this seasons. (Given that potential glitch abuses. Macros etc. are fixed)

And Serancha, it's been identified that the map being abused is not kt4 ... but I never stated which map that were exploiting. I just stated that legitimate players use wt4/kt4 to farm pve kills. Your times are probably accurate and I just guessed a few weeks since that's the last time I saw the LB and the person we are talking about had less than 1m kills. So my mistake for making that assumption.

There are many other glitches and abuses that happen on a daily basis and if a moderator would speak up I'll gladly shed light on many of these things via pm.

I just hope that this thread actually turns into something positive, and triggers some sort of change in the STG - Player relationship instead of relying on forums (which represents a disproportionate subset of players)

Also please refrain from name dropping.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    I mean let's be honest who is gonna get 6m pve kills in the next two years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I dont think there wil be 2 more years for al anymore .-.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    There actually was one rouge who did so. They are banned now. It was when Camp Boulder upped your PvE count.
    They took kills out of boulder over a year ago. We're talking about what's possible now....or not, as the case may be.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.