Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PvE Boosting (among other things)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladysophie View Post
    IMHO making things difficult for everyone cause of few is counterproductive.
    We should not be using the kraag/WT to level anymore, we should go the long and intended route and level our toons by playing the game! Yes it would make capping longer, but it's time we moved on from these zones. We are so strong now at level 41, and soon to be level 46 they are dated areas that simply serve to farm kills now. Not to mention that is the same area where the kill farming exploits are happening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

If you take away every part of the game that people exploit, there will soon be no game left. Taking out people's ability to gain kills in tombs is not the answer. Boulder needed to be done, yes, but not the only remaining pve kill maps with any mob density at all.

All shutting down certain maps does is lock the leaderboards even tighter and make it next to impossible for anyone who is not from "the old days" to have a shot. There would also need to be another option introduced to get kills if you want to take out tombs, and anything other than elite kills would have the same problem we have now.

The answer is in-game moderation and monitoring by STS staff. The ToS should not be dependent on the /report feature and player-initiated witch hunts, like it seems to be now. The way to stop cheating is not by taking away the ability to progress or making things difficult and overly time-consuming for legitimate players. If you take kills from the tombs, the problem will just move to tinderin. Did everyone forget about the big outcry regarding teeth farmers a year ago?

And yes, seasonal leaderboards really do need to be implemented. The devs said at the end of last season that they would be looking into implementing that next season change. Hopefully that was true and not just forgotten about.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    We should not be using the kraag/WT to level anymore, we should go the long and intended route and level our toons by playing the game! Yes it would make capping longer, but it's time we moved on from these zones. We are so strong now at level 41, and soon to be level 46 they are dated areas that simply serve to farm kills now. Not to mention that is the same area where the kill farming exploits are happening.
    Kill farming is even happening at the story token thingy even remove that?there are dummy farmers in pvp remove pvp?"we are so strong"there are still mages who run with normal legendary gear(including me)so i wont personally like running elites cauz i just farm deaths there and the best place for "me" to gain exp is wt4 so removing kills from there is actually not a very good idea just my opinion ty.

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Personally, I would like to see seasonal leaderboards implemented. Let's face it, a player who joins the game tomorrow has no chance of making it on the PvE kills, Flags or even PvP kills leaderboard. What I want is a leaderboard that resets every season so that everyone has a fair shot at getting onto the leaderboard. I know that many veterans who are already on lb won't like this very much, so this could be added to the current cumulative lb.

Raw's suggestion about the pve kills points system was spot on. As a player who has gotten majority of my kills from elites, I would certainly like to see it reflect on my pathetic kdr. It would also encourage more people to run elites rather than farm wt4/kt4. There are a bunch of players I know who are farming those tombs for easy pve kills for hours everyday simply to get that banner. Perhaps if sts made the tombs more rewarding from a pve kills perspective, they could farm kills and make some money at the same time.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

I still think there should be more content in this game. Then, we won't have to worry about removing maps and stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

While this is slightly off-topic, I'd like to suggest that Elite Zones have a tremendous amount of xp gain compared to their normal counterparts. This will - Encourage people to run elites instead of KT4/WT4, people will learn how to efficiently run elites even before they hit the level cap, will give some variety as to where people level, and it'll be good for PVE guilds, seeing as older/more experienced members can run elites with new people and teach them the ropes (if you're into that kind of thing )
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Why not limit the number of kills that people can get on a certain map such as wt4/kragg per day and implement Raw's idea of a point system for each monster and what Rachior stated make the XP gain greater in elite zones. And seasonal leaderboards sounds great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by regizakirs.rs View Post
    Why not limit the number of kills that people can get on a certain map such as wt4/kragg per day and implement Raw's idea of a point system for each monster and what Rachior stated make the XP gain greater in elite zones. And seasonal leaderboards sounds great.
    Ralchior*
    Tons of great ideas flowing around on this thread, just hope at the least, one of the good ones gets implemented!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

raw

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    Ralchior*
    Tons of great ideas flowing around on this thread, just hope at the least, one of the good ones gets implemented!
    All we can do is pray for the best and hope for the worst.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Also, I think adding more maps and quests will distract people from KT4 and WT4, since they will be busy questing. I think STS a really needs to make the expansion quests much longer and more time consuming. People shouldn't be done with all the maps in hours, let alone weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Elite maps are intended to be farmed for loot not kills. When I enter an elite map I'm bypassing as many mobs as possible to get to the reason I'm there...The boss and the loot. These adjustments to elite mobs and talk of doing away with wt/kt by no means will even begin to control "botting" or foul play. There's plenty of other things on the table still yet to be addressed.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

While this is slightly off-topic, I'd like to suggest that Elite Zones have a tremendous amount of xp gain compared to their normal counterparts. This will - Encourage people to run elites instead of KT4/WT4, people will learn how to efficiently run elites even before they hit the level cap, will give some variety as to where people level, and it'll be good for PVE guilds, seeing as older/more experienced members can run elites with new people and teach them the ropes (if you're into that kind of thing )
    Honestly, I would rather this not happen as elite zones are currently only accessible to lvl 41 and 41 players. If they provide a huge xp bonus, this will encourage level 40 plaers to level up in elites, where they are often simply not wanted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

This is a great Thread. Thanks Raw , I never thought this post would ever be made I finally am relieved! And thanks to all that agree that botting is ruining other's fun.
    canadiantwink

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Blizzard For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I'm actually very surprised that AL doesn't have any sort of system to detect botting...it's probably one of the most simple things to spot. You would think it would be obvious when someone is using exactly the same skills, moving exactly the same direction, and exactly the same run time. Wouldn't it even be easy to detect botting by adding an internal timer into the PvE maps? If someone gets the exact same time several times in a row, then they get reviewed. Simple.

Almost all games I play have a system to detect AFK'ers (I play MOBA games). It's a similar concept, and even games that are way less developed than AL have it.

I'm honestly annoyed how different developers come on the forum and ask for feedback threads, and nothing gets done about them. The class balance feedback thread? The new skill system feedback? Every time, a moderator says that "it is being worked on", and yet we have absolutely no updates on what is actually happening. Plus MANY MANY bugs that are listed haven't been fixed (*COUGH flawed debuff system makes 95% of the pets and passives I want to use useless).

The leaderboard system in this game is incredibly biased, as we all know. It discourages new players from ever being able to participate, especially those who spend no money on the game.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UndeadJudge For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

O.o '...teaching ... The ropes...'

I could get into that!!

(I feel an infraction coming on...sorry Arpy)

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leoakre For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
    O.o '...teaching ... The ropes...'

I could get into that!!

(I feel an infraction coming on...sorry Arpy)
    o.o me likey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Dude, the tombs scale to level. I have no idea what you are talking about. The teason other maps take longer to level is caue the mobs are more scattered and also i think they have a higher difficulty. I think its better to levelup in a map where mobs are scaled for your level than in a map where mobs are higher level than you like doing tindirin at level 36 and where mobs are more scattered.

Its not players fault everyone levels in wt4, its just better to level there.

Regarding all this pve kills thing, its not players fault sts allows this kind of thing to go on. All we can do is demand a change, if a change is not delivered then all we can do is move on or find another game.

People are frustrated, i see that every day in game, sts must act on these issues if they don't want these issues to hurt their pockets more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    Dude, the tombs scale to level. I have no idea what you are talking about. The teason other maps take longer to level is caue the mobs are more scattered and also i think they have a higher difficulty. I think its better to levelup in a map where mobs are scaled for your level than in a map where mobs are higher level than you like doing tindirin at level 36 and where mobs are more scattered.

Its not players fault everyone levels in wt4, its just better to level there.

Regarding all this pve kills thing, its not players fault sts allows this kind of thing to go on. All we can do is demand a change, if a change is not delivered then all we can do is move on or find another game.

People are frustrated, i see that every day in game, sts must act on these issues if they don't want these issues to hurt their pockets more.
    People should be more concerned doing quests, not going to WT4 or KT4 each time. This is why STS needs to release more maps, and they need to base the game more on quests.
    Last edited by obee; 02-19-2015 at 09:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    People should be more concerned doing quests, not going to WT4 each time. This is why STS needs to release more maps, and they need to base the game more on quests.
    Phew i am so proud i lvled up @KT4... dont shut them off....my rogue still needs to lv up xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    People should be more concerned doing quests, not going to WT4 or KT4 each time. This is why STS needs to release more maps, and they need to base the game more on quests.
    That ship has sailed. Game is what it is. And it definitely isn't one of those games with huge worlds and immersive storylines. That's why people want to level up fast. You can't take wt/kt kills away. That's an absolute no-no.