Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PvE Boosting (among other things)

Deciding if I should tell your mother I sent you to an army school.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Im a robot. thus I should be on LB. I dont need to poop. I never respond to ppl. and I dont get hungry. I also beat up nazi's and evil dinosaurs on my off time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    And here we have a player who admits to being on the LB from cheating, SMH. This here is the EXACT reason why the leader boards are ridiculous and need revamp.
    Read again Candy. Try to be a little more objective and impartial, you do seem to carry a lot of preconceived notions here and in some of ur posts; they come out quite strongly. if they're ur opinions or from gossip it's fine, as long as u don't use them as facts.

For one I clearly stated I was high on lb for top kills day before season 4 end, without having "farmed". This is a fact. It was 12th or 17th place. Ure familiar w lb so I don't have to explain more there. Then I did the technique, opened a case with sts stating so, demanding change and detailing possible penalties (for myself). Also facts. But like I said, issues would have been resolved if players had kept the higher purpose in mind and pushed on. And that's what my post was about.

I'm sure u'll agree it's the issue that deserves the attention not u or I. If u have some carried-over personal grievances that would cause u to inaccurately sum up my post, let's talk in PM; I'm happy to clarify anything - privately - within my old promise to devs and I'm honest. If ur intentions are pure enough, I'm sure u would have no problem seeing the fairness and logic of it..
    Last edited by Origin; 02-18-2015 at 08:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Origin View Post
    Then I did the technique,=.
    Exactly. TYVM for clearing that up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Exactly. TYVM for clearing that up.
    That's very good sweetie. And what was done afterwards? and what might one infer from that.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Origin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Origin View Post
    That's very good sweetie. And what was done afterwards? and what might one infer from that.
    I have zero interest in engaging you here. I really have nothing against you - I am with the current PvE runners who are aware of past exploits on the LB and we want them revamped.

The point of this thread and the many like it are that the current players want a shot to fairly get on the LB. We are tired if it being clogged up by people who have (1) retired (2) cheated to get on it.

Many suggestions were made and I feel that StS has seen enough of these threads to realize this is a priority item in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

I have zero interest in engaging you here. I really have nothing against you - I am with the current PvE runners who are aware of past exploits on the LB and we want them revamped.

The point of this thread and the many like it are that the current players want a shot to fairly get on the LB. We are tired if it being clogged up by people who have (1) retired (2) cheated to get on it.

Many suggestions were made and I feel that StS has seen enough of these threads to realize this is a priority item in the game.
    Well engage the topic, whoever said anything about engaging me at a personal level for that there's pm. U're entitled to ur own opinions of course, just don't pass it off as fact quoting me, people might just think it was meant for me lol

I'll leave it to our discerning readers to find the funny side of 'ghosts' competing for lb Anyhoo. The things that were mentioned in my original post are current. Meaning, they are still being used by players on the lb and were not fixed, nor were rules against it implemented. It's related to what raw brought up, people don't give thanks to a post for nothing I think. This time round it would do good to find solutions once and for all. A decision for pve will start a good precedence and hopefully improve things across all categories.

Peace n press on x
    Last edited by Origin; 02-18-2015 at 09:31 AM.

Alphagun /TRUEORIGIN/ Fullsick
    <Five Elements>
    Speed Demon
    Guides| MerchMidas | Youtube

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

This is my suggestion:

Remove the pve kills lb entirely. The people who have locked their spots there have had enough banners. This is also where the majority of the cheating happens.

Add to the timed runs the people who got the most elite pve kills in each elite zone. So you have timed winners and also the ones who killed the most in each map.

Thoughts?

I can't fairly comment on pvp lb as I am not pvp player.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

Also you could do top pve killer in each class based on the individual lb kills for the elite maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

Also you could do top pve killer in each class based on the individual lb kills for the elite maps.
    Last , it's about time they shut off the pve kills in kraag and watcher's tombs. We are so overgeared now, it's time for people to pick new spots to farm mindless kills.
    Last edited by Candylicks; 02-18-2015 at 09:38 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Awesome. Keep going, U all deserve as fantastic an outcome as u can imagine for urselves. ^^ wish all current players nothing but the best.

Alphagun /TRUEORIGIN/ Fullsick
    <Five Elements>
    Speed Demon
    Guides| MerchMidas | Youtube

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Origin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imsofancy View Post
    Im a robot. thus I should be on LB. I dont need to poop. I never respond to ppl. and I dont get hungry. I also beat up nazi's and evil dinosaurs on my off time.
    This made me laugh out loud!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And here we have a player who admits to being on the LB from cheating, SMH. This here is the EXACT reason why the leader boards are ridiculous and need revamp.
    I have zero interest in engaging you here. I really have nothing against you
    ...right...

Nheedles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

This is my suggestion:

Remove the pve kills lb entirely. The people who have locked their spots there have had enough banners. This is also where the majority of the cheating happens.

Add to the timed runs the people who got the most elite pve kills in each elite zone. So you have timed winners and also the ones who killed the most in each map.
    Thoughts?

Lol, no Candy...removing pve lb entirely would tell me all my honest pve runs since November 23, 2012 would mean nothing. Many of us who have callouses on our fingers deserve to see the culmination of our efforts and time and I like my banners! If the pve lb is simply erased it would be like all my work has been for nothing at all and is meaningless. Just because I have been playing longer than others does not mean my efforts should be penalized. The idea of a separate seasonal lb to distinguish all the stars of each season sounds perfect but let's keep the overall lb for those of us who have honestly worked hard for it.

I certainly don't mind having a magnifying glass taken to the current lb since I appreciate the TOS of the game and would like to see those who feel the need to cheat at a game punished.

After all, why bother to play a game at all if one must cheat to win!

P.S. why do moderators delete the posts that criticize them instead of properly addressing our issues and concerns? (Js)
    Last edited by leoakre; 02-18-2015 at 10:36 AM. Reason: cuz moderators irritate me

18. The Following User Says Thank You to leoakre For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

This is my suggestion:

Thoughts?

If the PvE lb is not based on elite kills, it is just too exploitable. However, turning off kills in tombs is not the answer. Implementing in-game moderation and rule enforcement is.

They already make it so you can only get kills in the latest map zones. People need to be able to run something other than tinderin or nordr. if you take kills out of tombs, then everyone would just be farming jarl because they get no kills anywhere else crates drop. so might as well do the easiest thing possible. That will just lead to more issues, and make leveling ridiculously time-consuming also.

the pvp boards are full of dummy farmers and those who pay others to die for them. Yet the only legitimate leaderboards, the timed ones, had a pile of their maps turned off at Halloween and STS doesn't seem to understand that they need to be put back up.

If you read Remi's weekly thing from last week it says something like "we hear your concern and want you to talk more about pros and cons." Well when you refuse to enforce game rules and then take away a large part of something that is for legit playwrs only, it sends a very bad message to the player base.

This just shows they don't give a hoot about leaderboards, if the lack of action against dummy farming wasn't clue enough. If you want to get rid of the PvE lb, then you also need to remove the pvp and flagging boards.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
    Lol, no Candy...removing pve lb entirely would tell me all my honest pve runs since November 23, 2012 would mean nothing. Many of us who have callouses on our fingers deserve to see the culmination of our efforts and time and I like my banners! If the pve lb is simply erased it would be like all my work has been for nothing at all and is meaningless. Just because I have been playing longer than others does not mean my efforts should be penalized. The idea of a separate seasonal lb to distinguish all the stars of each season sounds perfect but let's keep the overall lb for those of us who have honestly worked hard for it.

I certainly don't mind having a magnifying glass taken to the current lb since I appreciate the TOS of the game and would like to see those who feel the need to cheat at a game punished.

It would be fun if every season all PvE goes 0 and start a no life fest.

Nheedles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post

How about this:

'Retire' the currrent PvE kills LB. This would be the last season the numbers are added to it. Your name would be immortalized but the following seasons would reflect the revamped LB. I understand that you have worked hard to be on it, but it's growing increasingly tough for newer players. A player who started a year ago has zip chance of getting on it anymore, not to mention the exploits (not you, Leo we all know you are golden!!!). They could even create a magnificent final banner to the people who are immortalized on the PvE kills LB.

Then go ahead and push the new LB for PvE, and that SHOULD be something that is cleared every season like the timed runs. Again, my suggestion is to have the PvE LB be based on elite kills per map in addition to the timed runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    If the PvE lb is not based on elite kills, it is just too exploitable. However, turning off kills in tombs is not the answer. Implementing in-game moderation and rule enforcement is.

They already make it so you can only get kills in the latest map zones. People need to be able to run something other than tinderin or nordr. if you take kills out of tombs, then everyone would just be farming jarl because they get no kills anywhere else crates drop. so might as well do the easiest thing possible. That will just lead to more issues, and make leveling ridiculously time-consuming also.

the pvp boards are full of dummy farmers and those who pay others to die for them. Yet the only legitimate leaderboards, the timed ones, had a pile of their maps turned off at Halloween and STS doesn't seem to understand that they need to be put back up.

If you read Remi's weekly thing from last week it says something like "we hear your concern and want you to talk more about pros and cons." Well when you refuse to enforce game rules and then take away a large part of something that is for legit playwrs only, it sends a very bad message to the player base.

This just shows they don't give a hoot about leaderboards, if the lack of action against dummy farming wasn't clue enough. If you want to get rid of the PvE lb, then you also need to remove the pvp and flagging boards.
    I think they do care about the leaderboards, but it's really hard to create something that is fair for everyone. There will always be someone or group of people against it. I still love the idea you have about the Elite PvE kills for the new LB, but I wonder if it's even possible for them to track that? I mean, would the code be really hard to differentiate between a regular or elite mob?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Instead of removing the PvE kills leaderboard, and the PVP captures and kills, why don't we just start with banning the hackers. They should be pretty easy to point out, and even if they restart a character, they probably won't make it back. Then, for people botting for captures, just remove to captures leaderboard, and replace it with a capture the flag team win loss ratio. More people will actually play CTF the way it's supposed to be played, and there will be less hackers since the flaggers will die. Last, I've seen this many times, but a macro detector needs to be installed. In FIFA 15 ultimate team, EA has detectors that notify if people are illegally buying coins, or using bots to mess up the market. In Minecraft, lots of servers have mods or hack dectectors to prevent people from hacking on servers. I could name many games that have macro detectors, I think STS can implement it to. Also, I agree with candy on the elite kills thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    Instead of removing the PvE kills leaderboard, and the PVP captures and kills, why don't we just start with banning the hackers. They should be pretty easy to point out, and even if they restart a character, they probably won't make it back. Then, for people botting for captures, just remove to captures leaderboard, and replace it with a capture the flag team win loss ratio. More people will actually play CTF the way it's supposed to be played, and there will be less hackers since the flaggers will die. Last, I've seen this many times, but a macro detector needs to be installed. In FIFA 15 ultimate team, EA has detectors that notify if people are illegally buying coins, or using bots to mess up the market. In Minecraft, lots of servers have mods or hack dectectors to prevent people from hacking on servers. I could name many games that have macro detectors, I think STS can implement it to. Also, I agree with candy on the elite kills thing.
    The problem is the PvE kill leaderboard has names of people who exploited and retired. There is no current way to determine who up there is/isn't authentic.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

For PVP dummy farmers, I think STS needs to make the PVP leaderboard more "teamish". For TDM, maybe add the fastest troll kill, or something like that. CTF is kinda self-explanatory considering rules of the game.
    Last edited by obee; 02-18-2015 at 10:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nheedles View Post
    It would be fun if every season all PvE goes 0 and start a no life fest.
    Do you have a point or do you just need to be rude for attention?

Keep it constructive please and refrain from trolling for attention seeking.

Thanks