Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PvE Boosting (among other things)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I know that Leoakre worked hard to get her PVE kills. She uses her own hands for it.
    Moderators should to check all lb players (PVE and PVP), coz its weird if player get 50k PVE kills per day.
    Same bout PVP dummy farmers. When STS finally will pay attention on that kind of cheap players??? I will not use any names, but i know many ppl, who farms their own alts for getiing LB banner. Just look at their kdr. How player can get 40k kills and 38 deaths?? Pffs its outrageously.
    Last edited by Castellann; 02-16-2015 at 04:29 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Castellann For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Totally agree... The cheaters need to be removed from boards, the whole board system need to be revamped, and somebody needs to start listening and acknowledging our complaints on these problems. We've been asking them to fix these issues since game launched! I remember there was a player season one that had a million kills already because he played the beta and how many people complained that this was unfair advantage, but really my only point is that we've asked multiple times for seasonal lbs and macros being fixed and nada. Really just sucks!
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default lol ..

bla

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

For what it's worth, before this comes down :

The probs have been around for a long time. imo they didn't get fixed bcs players never seemed interested in it on the level of principle, only interested in their own image and getting satisfaction from seeing individual players fall. It can be seen from the way people back down as soon as the player is "removed".

In a game like this, it might be hard to enforce certain things without compromising gaming experience and possibly destablising devices..for eg rootkit types of anti-cheating guards. That's me from an uneducated pov, since I'm not technically trained.

There're other ways to easily resolve this, such as by applying clear rules - this is different from TOS, and is the same as Seonatrek coming out to say "macros are bannable" like in one thread. And from there on, all that requires is skillful moderation. No giving out of free items needs to be involved, to get involved with players.

Most lb-ers are reasonable and care about the game. All it would take is a "xxx, could we have a chat?" and 5 mins. If the player repeatedly rebukes attempts to take them aside, or deliberately stalls, that's insubordination ("you're fired"). And if mods can enter a map without affecting scaling, the player could easily prove their technique and mod cld decide on the spot if that's gonna be legit or not. If not, they could tell the player to stop and update the rules. For real transgressions U cld have funny penalties, like having them "wake up" in a tomb as a level 1 with knocked back kills, confine them to a tdm room nude with bent sword (no kill gain), and rename their arcane pets to "Be_a_man", / "nevercheatagn", "banbaitbeware", whatever. Next one on is a ban. Simple as that. U cld even bring in their closest peers to mediate in a group, task them to look after the player, check back at ur convenience.. it's gd peer pressure, builds trust. There are few hotly contested places on the lb, all considering. So it's not that time-consuming to implement. And mods need to play the game enough to be able to make sound judgements.

Raw u asked me once how I did whatever I did. Well, I still can't tell you, only that I've seen several famous endgame players use the same technique (I see they're still up on lb..) and it isn't macros, so even a rootkit guard wouldn't help. It rewards those that use it slyly and point fingers to someone else. And tbh I feel free to talk abt it since I have absolutely nothing to lose, I'm not playing anymore and never will. It was done to bring attention to a problem that had needed fixing for a long time and was never fixed. I didn't need to do it, since it was the day before season 4 end and my place on lb was already secure. There was no way I could be knocked off, legit numbers alone.

Honestly I had only theories on how it was done up to that point, but never put it to the test - when I did, I was disgusted at how easy it was. Complaints on forum were being summarily ignored. So I went all the way and later wrote a (very long) letter to sts that look, this is what I managed to do, I want rules to be clearly made, to have them clearly state "_____ IS a bannable offence", u can name and shame me on forum, I will go on it to say yes it was done. I didn't care how I might be judged, I just wanted things to get done and for them to stop ignoring the complaints, I wanted the focus to be on the issue itself so u'll notice I fell quiet after a couple of posts.

Delphina helped me through that time, and they deliberated over my case for a while before disappointingly deciding no rules would be implemented, all was final, nothing wld be said on forum, stop getting ur friends to write in or else <suggestive words>. However I kept my end of the promise despite what was decided, and pretty much never stepped into PVP again (since what was asked of me can't be verified....), easy enough since I'd lost faith in that part of the game.

So if something different happens this time, whether on the issue of PVE kills or elsewhere, good. If not, well at least u tried so good on u, but pls don't stop pushing for change after one player is punished, keep at it.

p.s. timed run boards do have some glitches, but they are fun ones that all us old timers know about, and I think should stay.
    Last edited by Origin; 02-16-2015 at 05:24 PM.

Alphagun /TRUEORIGIN/ Fullsick
    <Five Elements>
    Speed Demon
    Guides| MerchMidas | Youtube

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Origin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Those treads are actually the same as talking to an wal they never lisen and if they do and dont like it they delete/lock the tread up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

They have announced the end of content / updates / special weekends etc. for the other legends games, so at the moment, it is supposedly just AL and the MOBA or whatever it is that's in development that are the focus

I totally agree with your post and believe you are right in your reasoning, which again leads to the question - why is there no in-game moderation / game-master presence? Is it just greed? They are making all this profit and don't care to share with more staff? It's not like the company isn't making money hand over fist, so why can they not hire a proper staff to run the game?

In over 2 years of playing daily, I saw Delphina a handful of times, Seoratrek twice in towns, and twice saw unknown random devs sitting afk somewhere or other. That is the entire extent of my sightings of STS staff outside organized tournament contact. So even granting a few missed days here and there, 10 sightings in 700+ days of playing is pretty bizarre. Arlor is not that big.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Yea. There is a reason why companies strive for feedback and go for the user expirence. They want to make their product better. I don't think it hurts to log on as a normal player and actually look at AL the way we do. This thread is an example, I haven't seen a developer or moderator on threads, except for remiem. When you do see them, it's a clean up, or they delete your thread. I hate how the censorship here doesn't apply in game, everyone goes around cursing up a storm, bullying others, but STS never seems to care about that. Chat filters don't work, they make it worse. Ignore lists work somewhat, but some people always work around it. It's just frustrating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Yup... I've seen a total of three people (other than delphina) online a total of one time each... and I've been playing daily since game launched! Those three were getting their picture taken and announced throughout arlor to everyone just out of shock of seeing one of them online!
    Most people had no idea what the colored names were even for... And I myself even forgot which color was supposed to mean what, lol!
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Origin View Post
    For what it's worth, before this comes down :

The probs have been around for a long time. imo they didn't get fixed bcs players never seemed interested in it on the level of principle, only interested in their own image and getting satisfaction from seeing individual players fall. It can be seen from the way people back down as soon as the player is "removed".

In a game like this, it might be hard to enforce certain things without compromising gaming experience and possibly destablising devices..for eg rootkit types of anti-cheating guards. That's me from an uneducated pov, since I'm not technically trained.

There're other ways to easily resolve this, such as by applying clear rules - this is different from TOS, and is the same as Seonatrek coming out to say "macros are bannable" like in one thread. And from there on, all that requires is skillful moderation. No giving out of free items needs to be involved, to get involved with players.

Most lb-ers are reasonable and care about the game. All it would take is a "xxx, could we have a chat?" and 5 mins. If the player repeatedly rebukes attempts to take them aside, or deliberately stalls, that's insubordination ("you're fired"). And if mods can enter a map without affecting scaling, the player could easily prove their technique and mod cld decide on the spot if that's gonna be legit or not. If not, they could tell the player to stop and update the rules. For real transgressions U cld have funny penalties, like having them "wake up" in a tomb as a level 1 with knocked back kills, confine them to a tdm room nude with bent sword (no kill gain), and rename their arcane pets to "Be_a_man", / "nevercheatagn", "banbaitbeware", whatever. Next one on is a ban. Simple as that. U cld even bring in their closest peers to mediate in a group, task them to look after the player, check back at ur convenience.. it's gd peer pressure, builds trust. There are few hotly contested places on the lb, all considering. So it's not that time-consuming to implement. And mods need to play the game enough to be able to make sound judgements.

Raw u asked me once how I did whatever I did. Well, I still can't tell you, only that I've seen several famous endgame players use the same technique (I see they're still up on lb..) and it isn't macros, so even a rootkit guard wouldn't help. It rewards those that use it slyly and point fingers to someone else. And tbh I feel free to talk abt it since I have absolutely nothing to lose, I'm not playing anymore and never will. It was done to bring attention to a problem that had needed fixing for a long time and was never fixed. I didn't need to do it, since it was the day before season 4 end and my place on lb was already secure. There was no way I could be knocked off, legit numbers alone.

Honestly I had only theories on how it was done up to that point, but never put it to the test - when I did, I was disgusted at how easy it was. Complaints on forum were being summarily ignored. So I went all the way and later wrote a (very long) letter to sts that look, this is what I managed to do, I want rules to be clearly made, to have them clearly state "_____ IS a bannable offence", u can name and shame me on forum, I will go on it to say yes it was done. I didn't care how I might be judged, I just wanted things to get done and for them to stop ignoring the complaints, I wanted the focus to be on the issue itself so u'll notice I fell quiet after a couple of posts.

Delphina helped me through that time, and they deliberated over my case for a while before disappointingly deciding no rules would be implemented, all was final, nothing wld be said on forum, stop getting ur friends to write in or else <suggestive words>. However I kept my end of the promise despite what was decided, and pretty much never stepped into PVP again (since what was asked of me can't be verified....), easy enough since I'd lost faith in that part of the game.

So if something different happens this time, whether on the issue of PVE kills or elsewhere, good. If not, well at least u tried so good on u, but pls don't stop pushing for change after one player is punished, keep at it.

p.s. timed run boards do have some glitches, but they are fun ones that all us old timers know about, and I think should stay.
    And here we have a player who admits to being on the LB from cheating, SMH. This here is the EXACT reason why the leader boards are ridiculous and need revamp.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    And here we have a player who admits to being on the LB from cheating, SMH. This here is the EXACT reason why the leader boards are ridiculous and need revamp.
    If you were in the influence of such knowledge, I bet you would do it.

Nheedles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nheedles View Post
    If you were in the influence of such knowledge, I bet you would do it.
    Here is where you are incorrect. I was one of the first people privy of the cheating going on during the Ursoth event and brought StS in on the issue immediately. I game as I operate IRL, and that is with integrity and you won't find me engaging in cheating/exploiting/sharing accounts/ purchasing items for cash/botting/ plat farming... or taking place in ANY of the rule breaking offenses in the game.

I am an apple licker through and through.

But thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

I never cease to be amazed at the things ppl get up too. I have heard through my time on here about bot farming,kill farming etc but as I'm not playing al for a lb position I fall into the category of thinking 'hmm...lol...sad ppl'. However I understand the frustrations raised here by ppl trying to achieve or maintain a lb position the 'honest' way. Sad to say I never even knew kills registered in story token tasks...I checked this yesterday and yeah they do and yes can be run time and time again. Just surprised really when other maps that aren't as easy don't register kills...I don't understand the logic here. Then again I only run wt4 for essences when bored or to LVL my character or pets ,not to boost pve kills...my main pve kills are from farming maps for loot,fun etc. I actually feel sorry that some friends of mine have to spend hours in tombs to keep up with lb cheaters and thankful that I have no necessity to follow that path. Leaderboard means a lot to some ppl but losing respect along the way surely defeats the objective. Same goes for those ppl farming pvp ....sometimes the end result doesn't justify the means. Respect is important to me, some good friends of mine have lb positions and my utmost respect goes to them, I know how they play and also how they bring other things of a positive nature into the game, other ppl on the lb...well better left unsaid. As regards sts they aren't at fault because some ppl continually look at ways to flaunt/cheat the system. Keep the blame where it should be and by all means expose these cheats. Hopefully sts will find a way to deal with some of these incidents. Finding a solution to long term abuse of the system can't be done overnight but by raising the concerns constructively as some ppl have done here alerts others to the issues. I for one do not stand in 'awe' gazing at the lb I have never been that naive to how some positions have been obtained.
    Last edited by Anehazaz; 02-17-2015 at 11:22 AM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anehazaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Honestly, no leader board is safe, even the event leader boards can be manipulated freely if you know how.

For new players it's something so far out of reach that they could play this game for the next three years and never see any progress, especially at end game.

The only hope that anyone has to even get on there fairly is to run timed, and that aspect of the game is monopolized by the people who have the tools and knowledge to run timed as fast as possible.

So GG for any new players who has pipe dreams of getting on there.

It's one of the many reasons why I abhor the entire thing all together, such a farce.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

So much thought, time, effort in everyone's posts here and yet I see nothing even resembling a notion that sts is even interested in fixing any of these issues being discussed. They are very lucky to have a concerned community always reaching for ways to improve the dynamics of this game. Been seeing same things posted for months ...
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #55
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Hi there!

I'd like to start off by saying that I have forwarded this issue to the devs so that they can do some more investigation regarding the leaderboard (and see if they can come up with a solution). In the meantime, please be sure to keep your posts constructive and report any suspicious activity (such as "botting") in game to our Support Team by emailing them at support@spacetimestudios.com. Be sure your reports have details since vague/empty reports aren't very helpful when we take review them.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Seoratrek For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

It's not fair to anyone to assume that individual players can determine who is guilty of disregarding the TOS and reporting others.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Once again, a thread gets "cleaned up".

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to obee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Sera had posted in another thread about making the lb for elite kills only. I love that idea!!!

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seoratrek View Post
    Hi there!

I'd like to start off by saying that I have forwarded this issue to the devs so that they can do some more investigation regarding the leaderboard (and see if they can come up with a solution). In the meantime, please be sure to keep your posts constructive and report any suspicious activity (such as "botting") in game to our Support Team by emailing them at support@spacetimestudios.com. Be sure your reports have details since vague/empty reports aren't very helpful when we take review them.
    I'm sorry but 'forwarding this issue' is simply avoiding any of the dozens of questions, concerns,and amazing suggestions listed here. I appreciate that you have not deleted this thread, but you cannot go around deleting multiple posts (over 10 were deleted). By deleting a post that follows ToS, you're simply confirming what I have stated to be true. Below is the deleted post.
    Here it is:
    Serancha:

On the forums you can get a moderator pming you about inappropriateness if you mention drinking or make a joke they consider to have innuendos in it, no matter how subtle. Yet in game people are running around swearing at each other, talking trash and cheating all over the place.

STS put in chat censorship instead of actually moderating the game, and all this does is make people change the spellings accordingly.

On the forums moderators will announce that macros are bannable, but notice that they do not say that anyone macroing will be banned - because the game is not actually moderated by STS staff.

It seems the forums are far more highly policed than any aspect of the actual game itself. Question is, why is that?
    Raw:

Well it comes down to two things. First, the public facing portion of the game is the forums. When people google search Arcane Legends, they will find this. As such, STG probably wants to keep forums immaculate in case any potential investors, customers, etc. happen to stumble upon here. This makes sense, but by doing this they're creating a facade between the realities and actualities of the game, which clearly is upsetting some of its more active players.

Second, is that they just don't have enough staff dedicated to Arcane Legends. This could be because they are understaffed, or because they are focusing their attention on creating new games, or because they have too many games. I really think that STG has a gold mine here and should focus their attention on Arcane Legends (no offense PL/SL/DL players).

Let me give you an example of how potentially lucrative this game is ...

When I played Runescape I paid $5 a month in membership fees and the amount of content, updates, moderation was insanely amazing. In AL, one 90 dollar plat purchase is equivalent to the amount of money I'd spend on Runescape in 18 months. Given that I've spend at least $500 on this game, as I'm sure MANY players have spend that and way more, I really don't understand why this game is stagnating... The revenue is there, but it seems like they're taking the money from AL and using it to develop a new game, much like they did when they used the revenue from PL to develop AL.

I have made a decision to not spend any more of my money until I can see a plan from moderators to fix these fundamental issues which includes some sort of timeline. I don't consider us players as much as I consider us stakeholders. We spend a lot of money, and we deserve transparency.

I do want to note that Remiem and the other mods are doing a great job with the resources they are given so thank you for your hard work! (with the exception of the thread deletion fad).

Also please note that I'm making assumptions with my logic here. If I am wrong please correct me.

I've summarize the recommendations from this thread. If I've missed anything please let me know.

Low Hanging Fruit:
    - Changing the daily quest to be an actual daily quest. Once you leave and try to return, the same mobs will already be dead
    - Modify the location that a player spawns on a map as to confuse a programmed macro.
    - Increase in game moderation, and have a facetime with spacetime
    - Update your roadmap for the game. We've heard what you plan on doing through Remiem, but what are you actually planning on implementing.
    - Include a "where do you stand" ranking on leaderboards like you already have in other STG games
    - Reduce the amount of censorship on forums

Tougher but necessary things:
    - Give multiple PvE kills for killing a mob in an Elite map
    - Create actual SEASONAL leaderboards (kills/flags are tracked for only those gained during that season)
    - Implement a macro/botting detection system

All in all we care about transparency, and just want some answers. I guarantee you that fixing the LB system to include a large portion of AL will increase your revenue significantly.
    Last edited by raw; 02-17-2015 at 02:35 PM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to raw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    I'm sorry but 'forwarding this issue' is simply avoiding any of the dozens of questions, concerns,and amazing suggestions listed here. I appreciate that you have not deleted this thread, but you cannot go around deleting multiple posts (over 10 were deleted). By deleting a post that follows ToS, you're simply confirming what I have stated to be true. Below is the deleted post.
    Here it is:

I've summarize the recommendations from this thread. If I've missed anything please let me know.

Low Hanging Fruit:
    - Changing the daily quest to be an actual daily quest. Once you leave and try to return, the same mobs will already be dead
    - Modify the location that a player spawns on a map as to confuse a programmed macro.
    - Increase in game moderation, and have a facetime with spacetime
    - Update your roadmap for the game. We've heard what you plan on doing through Remiem, but what are you actually planning on implementing.
    - Include a "where do you stand" ranking on leaderboards like you already have in other STG games
    - Reduce the amount of censorship on forums

Tougher but necessary things:
    - Give multiple PvE kills for killing a mob in an Elite map
    - Create actual SEASONAL leaderboards (kills/flags are tracked for only those gained during that season)
    - Implement a macro/botting detection system

All in all we care about transparency, and just want some answers. I guarantee you that fixing the LB system to include a large portion of AL will increase your revenue significantly.
    Also, I think they should increase the support staff. I know they don't have a ton of money, but people won't get pissed at STS Everytime they copy and paste reply. I'm out of thanks, but nice post.