Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PvE Boosting (among other things)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
    Do you have a point or do you just need to be rude for attention?

Keep it constructive please and refrain from trolling for attention seeking.

Thanks
    I'm just stating the truth hunty. And whats wrong with that.

Nheedles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

How about, clear everyone off of the leaderboard that hasn't logged in for at least 6 months. Then, start eliminating the active botters. And guys keep it constructive please, we don't want this gone.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to obee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    For PVP dummy farmers, I think STS needs to make the PVP leaderboard more "teamish". For TDM, maybe add the fastest troll kill, or something like that. CTF is kinda self-explanatory considering rules of the game.
    It's mind boggling to me the PvP stuff!!!!!! Now when I go in there and I get owned I'm like, dude must be using a macro. LOL!!!

Maybe we need to make a fresh thread in the suggestions section for the LB Revamp and get the ideas all on the table?

Another thing is, the cheating happens on Chrome only so it's pretty easy to zero in on the chrome users.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Interesting points. True, thanks for coming back out of retirement to post on here. I think it takes a lot of courage to own up to doing what you did, and nobody is judging you (at least I'm not). I used to hold a grudge against you for what you did, but now that I can see things from a bigger perspective, I realize that these weren't your fault. They were the fault of a game whose creators lacked true insight into the bugs and glitches of their own game, and - as you've stated - still lack this insight.

I agree with both Sera and Candy that there needs to be some sort of PvE kill boost for elite maps simply because I shouldn't be rewarded the same amount of PvE kills for killing a mob in kt4 (which takes me one aimed shot), versus a mob in elite shuyal (which would generally take me like 5+ full combos).

A large problem with PvE "kills" is terminology. If we want to go the route of changing the kill system, then we can't reward multiple kills for a single mob, even if that is an elite level mob. Rather, the terminology would have to be something like PvE Points/Score etc. This way a player can keep track of their current score and subsequently their rank among all players (re: Energerizic's post).

I'd suggest the following point system:
    KT/WT - 1 point/kill
    Brackenridge (elite) maps - .25 points/kill
    Ydra (elite )maps - .5 points/kill
    Dead City (elite) maps - .75 points/kill
    Kraken (elite) maps - 1 point/kill

^^ these are nice to haves and not truly necessary

Nordr (elite) maps - 3 points/kill
    Shuyal (elite) maps - 4 points/kill
    Tindirin (elite) maps - 5 points/kill
    Planar Tombs maps - 5 points/kill

Accordingly, the XP gained from each one of these mobs should scale according to the points.

Sera, I agree that by getting rid of the PvE kills from tombs would make capping extremely strenuous... but lets think about this. In what other MMORPG, or just say any video game can you reach the maximum level in a few hours? I think the whole point of running maps should be to level up. As you do so you get to use better and better gear. I would be all for removing the xp from tomb maps, and forcing players to actually run real maps to gain xp. If it took me a week to cap (in an expansion that'll probably last 6 months), that's really just a drop in the bucket. Tombs make leveling TOO easy.

Leo, while I hear what you're saying about keeping the overall LB for PvE kills etc, wouldn't that just keep the same players who have already abused glitches, macro-ed on top? There is really no way of catching them (assuming they will stop) even though it's blatantly obvious, so why continue to reward them? I think that it'll be best to renew the PvE kills at the start of the season, and those players - like yourself - who are truly dedicated will reign supreme.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to raw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How about, clear everyone off of the leaderboard that hasn't logged in for at least 6 months. Then, start eliminating the active botters. And guys keep it constructive please, we don't want this gone.
    nope, 6 months is too soon.

Nheedles

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    Interesting points. True, thanks for coming back out of retirement to post on here. I think it takes a lot of courage to own up to doing what you did, and nobody is judging you (at least I'm not). I used to hold a grudge against you for what you did, but now that I can see things from a bigger perspective, I realize that these weren't your fault. They were the fault of a game whose creators lacked true insight into the bugs and glitches of their own game, and - as you've stated - still lack this insight.

I agree with both Sera and Candy that there needs to be some sort of PvE kill boost for elite maps simply because I shouldn't be rewarded the same amount of PvE kills for killing a mob in kt4 (which takes me one aimed shot), versus a mob in elite shuyal (which would generally take me like 5+ full combos).

A large problem with PvE "kills" is terminology. If we want to go the route of changing the kill system, then we can't reward multiple kills for a single mob, even if that is an elite level mob. Rather, the terminology would have to be something like PvE Points/Score etc. This way a player can keep track of their current score and subsequently their rank among all players (re: Energerizic's post).

KT/WT - 1 point/kill

Accordingly, the XP gained from each one of these mobs should scale according to the points.

Sera, I agree that by getting rid of the PvE kills from tombs would make capping extremely strenuous... but lets think about this. In what other MMORPG, or just say any video game can you reach the maximum level in a few hours? I think the whole point of running maps should be to level up. As you do so you get to use better and better gear. I would be all for removing the xp from tomb maps, and forcing players to actually run real maps to gain xp. If it took me a week to cap (in an expansion that'll probably last 6 months), that's really just a drop in the bucket. Tombs make leveling TOO easy.

Leo, while I hear what you're saying about keeping the overall LB for PvE kills etc, wouldn't that just keep the same players who have already abused glitches, macro-ed on top? There is really no way of catching them (assuming they will stop) even though it's blatantly obvious, so why continue to reward them? I think that it'll be best to renew the PvE kills at the start of the season, and those players - like yourself - who are truly dedicated will reign supreme.
    The god of writing much lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cami For This Useful Post:

raw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

Yes Raw, this is the only game where you can fly out a capped toon so quick with zero skill or actual play time in the game. It actually hurts the PvE community as a whole because when someone tries a different class and only levels in Kraag/Watcher their skill level is low. I really think it's about time they ended the PvE kills in these zones, would solve a lot of problems going on here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nheedles View Post
    I'm just stating the truth hunty. And whats wrong with that.
    Sighs...please let us keep this constructive and not personal. We are trying to accomplish something here that has been swept under the carpet for far too long.

PvP threads are nice to troll...go go!

P.s. please don't refer to me as 'hunty'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

I really love what you have posted Raw, implementing a point based system on kills depending on the difficulty of the map. I would LOVE if we could have cara/null_void come and read some of these suggestions to let us know if they are even possible to code into the game or if this is/isn't even on their radar for game improvements.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

raw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

KT/WT - 1 point/kill

I love this. I played order and chaos, and leveling took quite a while. STS just needs more content, more maps, I think they just need more. And if you look at most MMOS, people aren't bored since there is so much content to be explored.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Red face

KT/WT - 1 point/kill

Thank you for your valid and very wonderful points, Raw. Awesome suggestions but if my pves from 2 and a half years of hard work were removed I would just quit because, sorry, but pves do mean a lot to me. Having seasonal pve lbs just makes more sense so all players, new and old, can shoot for something realistic while not making many honest pvers feel like the last 6 seasons didn't happen. That would be cruel and unusual punishment for innocent players who spent the time to accumulate their impressive pves.

Yes, I agree new players should have a chance at banners and recognition but we should not penalize the old players in the process also. I am positive a happy medium can be found.
    Last edited by leoakre; 02-18-2015 at 11:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

KT/WT - 1 point/kill

I like this idea Raw and I see your point, but them other MMORPGs such as OaC have much much more content. Games like them you dont need to try to level up, because as long as you are completing the quests and exploring you level up without even realising. AL just doesnt have enough content for a levelling system like that. We need a place to grind xp. Running the same map over and over looting the same junk would make new players lose interest. Where as games like OaC, exploring, questing (having fun) levels you up without you realising and never once in the game until I reach high high levels did I feel like I had to go somewhere to grind XP.

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Titanfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfall View Post
    I like this idea Raw and I see your point, but them other MMORPGs such as OaC have much much more content. Games like them you dont need to try to level up, because as long as you are completing the quests and exploring you level up without even realising. AL just doesnt have enough content for a levelling system like that. We need a place to grind xp. Running the same map over and over looting the same junk would make new players lose interest. Where as games like OaC, exploring, questing (having fun) levels you up without you realising and never once in the game until I reach high high levels did I feel like I had to go somewhere to grind XP.
    That's the problem with AL. There is pretty much barely any content. If I want to level up, my choices are so limited, and I have to focus on leveling up, not doing an epic quest while leveling up. I mean, AL has never had that "epicness" to an MMO. Like, a lot of these games have an "epic" boss battle. I don't really get that feeling here in AL. The mythic armor quest was smashing barrels...not epic. I just wish AL was more fun. Skill trees in MMO's are supposed to be like huge! AL has a limited variety of skills! It's just not enough here. In the 41 expansion, most people leveled up in the tombs instead of doing quests. Why? Because there were barely any quests, and the quests weren't key to any character progression or a game progression. In OAC, if you don't complete any quests, you don't go anywhere.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to obee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

The point of wiping or not wiping the current PvE LB is really a small issue. The bigger picture is creating a new seasonal PvE LB that everyone has a shot at. Again, if the devs can converse with us on this to see what is and isn't possible for them to implement it would give us a baseline to springboard off of with our ideas.

And again, by nixing the PvE kills gained in Kraag/Watcher's tombs would solve a lot of the problems moving forward.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

That's the problem with AL. There is pretty much barely any content. If I want to level up, my choices are so limited, and I have to focus on leveling up, not doing an epic quest while leveling up. I mean, AL has never had that "epicness" to an MMO. Like, a lot of these games have an "epic" boss battle. I don't really get that feeling here in AL. The mythic armor quest was smashing barrels...not epic. I just wish AL was more fun. Skill trees in MMO's are supposed to be like huge! AL has a limited variety of skills! It's just not enough here. In the 41 expansion, most people leveled up in the tombs instead of doing quests. Why? Because there were barely any quests, and the quests weren't key to any character progression or a game progression. In OAC, if you don't complete any quests, you don't go anywhere.
    Exactly my point

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Deciding if I should tell your mother I sent you to an army school.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
    This made me laugh out loud!!
    You would love atomic robo then brah Name:  robo21.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  65.3 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

My feelings on all of this as a never-made-it-to-LB player:

I understand the frustration of everyone here that is legitimately chasing leaderboard status, but the reality is, at the end of the day, I am not friends with these botters, exploiters, cheats, etc. I have run with enough "Top Players" to realize that the banner is meaningless because I am far more effective and knowledgeable than some of them. In fact, I am confident that I would still be the better player in elite, even if I ran with lv36 gear and they had their maxed out rings, pendants, weapons, etc.

As I have said in the past about both the PvP AND PvE leaderboards, you know the pro's when you see them.

Shortly after the mass-banning from the platfarming debacle, I realized that I could be a "Top Player" if I left my guild and bought a charter, then got about 200 more CTF flags, but in the end, it just didn't mean anything to me. Certainly not enough that I felt compelled to engage in my least enjoyable activity in the game (flagging).

Yes, wearing the banners are cool if you have them, but nothing enrages me more than a Timed Runner or Top Player banner nubbing it up in an elite map where I spend half the run asking "WTF are you doing?"

I don't need to look to the LB to figure out who the best players are. We all know many of the top 100 players without ever referring to the LB. The vanity behind some of these LB'ers is mind boggling....the hacks they try to find, the cheating they are willing to do, the endless grinding in solo, non-challenging maps, the never ending kill/flag farming. Is it really so important as to take all the fun out of the game?

I don't know....perhaps it's because I never got there, but then again, I don't have any trouble finding elite parties and I still enjoy the game tremendously, so, for me, that's what it is all about....not a silly banner which doesn't represent the entirety of my experience in this game.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

25. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Well said GoodSyn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    And again, by nixing the PvE kills gained in Kraag/Watcher's tombs would solve a lot of the problems moving forward.
    IMHO making things difficult for everyone cause of few is counterproductive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

I still think STS should focus in adding content to the point where people are more concerned about doing quests, then doing the same map over and over again to level up.