Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Remiem's Weekly Community Update | February 18, 2015

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Default Remiem's Weekly Community Update | February 18, 2015

The love just doesn't stop flowin'!

Greetings Legends, and welcome to your weekly community update!

In This Week's News

Love Crafting Event
    Thanks to everyone who participated in the Public Test Server last week! This client is actually a big one for us, because it isn't just the Love Crafting event but includes a lot of behind-the-scenes code updates that will be the bones of some very cool new features, events and updates in the future. So, the test server helped us to dig up a lot of bugs and identify key issues before the event goes live.

That being said, we have taken our findings from the test server will need to do some additional fixes before the event goes live. We know, it's USUALLY not fun to wait, but we are addingyet another part to our Player Love series! Starting tomorrow, 2/19, you will notice that killing a boss yields a sweet new reward....Ankhs! That's right. This weekend only Ankhs (previously only available for platinum or on the consignment shop) are dropping off of bosses all over Arlor!

Check out this post from productor for more on what's next: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Public-Testing [link]

In This Week's Update
    In addition to the Great Arlor Ankh Drop we've also hammered out a few bug fixes that we think you'll like:

+ Taurus the Hammer in Planar Tombs 3 has had his damage range corrected for his large AOE radius attack.
    + Taurus the Hammer's now has a more appropriate indicator for his charge attack.
    + Guards in the Planar Tombs and Shuyal dungeons now have more appropriate warning zones for their abilities.

Coming Soon

As we mentioned last week, the following bug fixes will go in along with the Lovecrafting Event client, coming soon:
    + Pets will now teleport into the Planar Arena if they get stuck behind the sword wall of death.
    + Re-egging returns!
    + Ignoring a player will now apply the ignore to all characters on that player's account.
    + Double Damage display numbers and missing dodge/crit/miss markers are all fixed and displaying properly.
    + The consignment shop has been optimized for bandwidth.

In the same client, we have also reinstated Elite Map Timers. We received a number of suggestions around this, and ultimately decided that the best thing for the game would be to reinstate the timers. But, that being said, we will be reassessing the use of timers as we move forward into the next expansion and new elite content. More on that in the future!

We'll continue to focus our efforts on known bugs, found here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...f-current-bugs into next week as we focus our tech resources on getting the Lovecrafting event out the door.

While some bugs will bigger and more urgent than others, it's all in the name of tying up those loose ends and polishing up each and every aspect of your Arcane Legends experience.

In Other News

We received some questions about things that were mentioned in past updates but have fallen off the radar lately, please let me know if I forget anything here. I'm happy to address any unanswered questions:

The Re-assessment of PvE Gold Payouts
    A couple of weeks ago we discussed the possibility that PvE gold drops and quest payouts didn't quite match up to the current economic state of Arcane Legends. We did a deep dive into the numbers and the current gold distribution around Arlor and found that, as suspected, that is a rather large gap between new/lower level characters and the affluent end-gamers. However, the economy can also be very delicate. Just applying a blanket increase to quest gold payouts seems like a good idea at the top level, but upon further analysis we discovered that the ripple effect that would have on the economy would be too risky. We are exploring a few other ideas that will help to bridge this gap, but they will need to work out more of the specifics before revealing them to the public. We'll revisit this sometime in the future.

Smart Chat
    This came up a couple of times in last week's update and it's a very fair question. Adding a toggle for smart chat sounds simple, but does actually require the whole team to make it a reality. Design/UI to create the button/switch, Tech to add in the code that will turn it off and on, Quality Assurance to catch any bugs, etc. At this point it is still in the planning phase and does not have an exact ETA. I do realize it is a priority for you all, so we will continue to keep you updated as the process progresses.

Teleport to Guild Hall
    We're looking at the best ways to get you quicker access to your guild hall. This is still in planning and will arrive in a future update, but there is no ETA just yet.

Class Balance/Skill System
    As we continue to dive into the idea of revamping the Arcane Legends skill system, the real scope of the project is becoming clearer and...it's HUGE. The skills in Arcane Legends are such a fundamental part of the game, with hundreds of thousands of players who have built their strategies around the skills that have been around since the beginning of time. Arlor time, that is. So, the reality of the situation is that the skill system update is something that we are going to have to take our time on. That amount of time is still undetermined, but as you can imagine, changing such a core game feature needs love--rush it, and the results could be catastrophic.

In the meantime, we do plan on actively pursuing a more balanced Arlor. As we continue development on new content, we will be better catering the content to class balance. This means things like: mechanics that require the skills of each class, not just balance. While your suggestions on stat tweaks are much appreciated and immensely helpful, making blanket changes to class stats could have unexpected and far-reaching effects on the game. Doing so would take extensive planning, testing and tweaking, much like the skill system. We will keep you updated on long terms plans on the balance front, but for now know that we will be taking the small steps necessary in the meantime to give every class an important role and purpose in our upcoming content.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's Next?

What do you want to see next, folks? Let us know in the comments what you would like to see us put our attention on next and share your most brilliant ideas. I'll see you in next week's update!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

wooop
    Fear is my second name...sometimes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Good
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

If Jarl drops Ankhs....that's going to be an amazing way for poor/people who don't want to buy ankhs players to stock up :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Hmmm is guild message of the day coming with update ? Sorry if ive missed this if mentioned >.<

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

@BaronB It'll be released when they release the Love Crafting Client

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Problmatique For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

all i got from those beautifull words is a big "we wont be fixing end game balance neither revamping skill system this year"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ueveotadeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Yay... finally red zone fix ... how about unstable conection?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I propose to top guild 1-10 get the banner of sts given to the guild masters for a minimum of 10 officers guild banner but if they go down on his next week will be moved to the guild banner that replace his position. let the spirit of all increase the guild rank and compete only suggestion LOL

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ketoh For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Mind taking off that useless skill "knock back" in mages arcane shield and adding somthing different?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I found that ghul bellybottom, when his aura is on, can be damaged as much as when he is weakened. Id like a mythic version of maridos, a new mythic ring, a new guild hall, mage buff and new middle class gun for mage (bored of expedition rifles). Hope this helps

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bedmaster; 02-18-2015 at 08:44 PM.
    IGN: Vrao/Bjzg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Darn... All I read was squishy blue mages will still be squishy another year... Yea :-/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

jarl im coming for yaa

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Yeah doesn't sound like tanks pve and mages pvp are getting help anytime soon, but ty for the red zone bug fixes and gh board.
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Genie fix?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    jarl im coming for yaa
    Wrong, i am coming for UUUU!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rx8 View Post
    Wrong, i am coming for UUUU!!!
    OH NO i lost 0% of my health 0.0 runnnn!!!!

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    OH NO i lost 0% of my health 0.0 runnnn!!!!
    *taps breezes AA w/ lightning*

BOOM....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

wuuut <3 <3
    Last edited by Opry; 02-22-2015 at 03:34 AM.