Thread: L14-L17 Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default L14-L17 Rogue

I'm not new to AL, but I am new to AL forums

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what level (L14-L17) of rogue I should do. It may be a little while before I'm able to purchase the gear, because I do realize that 2m will get me nowhere as a twink, but I'd love to make myself an official twink. What are the big differences between each level?

For armor and helm, idk whether to go with ancient druid or icescale, considering ancient druid has better health and mana but ice scale has more damage and +10 primary

Also for a pet, I'm leaning towards Dovabear, but how would Grimm or Scorch do?

I'd love any input about this, I'm in no rush but responses are great thanks

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Read guide here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    Read guide here.
    Thank you much!

One thing however, I may be lucky to find possibly one Para gem in an item, but if I only had full grand Dex gems, will I be able to compete? I realize a lot of twinks use full paras or 2-4 paras and the rest eyes, but I obviously can't afford that. Is it even worth twinking if I can't go with the best?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CruelBlaster View Post
    Thank you much!

One thing however, I may be lucky to find possibly one Para gem in an item, but if I only had full grand Dex gems, will I be able to compete? I realize a lot of twinks use full paras or 2-4 paras and the rest eyes, but I obviously can't afford that. Is it even worth twinking if I can't go with the best?
    Yes it is worth it even without para sure para gives u an advantage but u can still compete and just dont get disheartened if u are told to swap for a rouge with para cauz that is k gl

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    Read guide here.
    Also, can you tell me the difference between Ancient Druid and Icescale? I know Druid has overall better stats, but Icescale has the +10 Primary. What is better all together?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Also, can you tell me the difference between Ancient Druid and Icescale? I know Druid has overall better stats, but Icescale has the +10 Primary. What is better all together?
    depends on what build u looking at if u going full dmg which i guess u should use ice set if u looking for survival anc

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Iceset has a little more dmg and like 15 more armor. However, it has 120 less health and 150 less mana. Personally i think icescale is trash and i use ancient druid. These stats are based upon lvl 17 btw.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Thank you much!

1 para gem could be enough to be competitive, when your fighting with foes equal your level. But fighting higher levels would require more damage (which para gems gives). So, to answer your question, Yes - a no para geared can compete to para players like theres only slight disadvantage. But, fighting higher leveled foes is another story.

Icescale is for damage and a little bit of armor.
    Ancient druid is for versatility in almost any situation (damage, health, mana).