Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Exclusive vanities being given out which you unfairly cannot get.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Default Exclusive vanities being given out which you unfairly cannot get.

I am writing this on my phone as I am waiting for my net to be installed, thus ill be updating this thread as quickly as i can to properly portray the whole picture of this case.

So, roughly at the same time as the Gauntlet event was running there has been a contest announced in the contest section of this forum, which clearly stated given prices ranging between gold payouts to grimm eggs. The contest was supposed to take 3 weeks to complete with prices being rewarded every week to the lucky winners.

Now, i.e., two weeks later, when the contest edges its end we find out that STS is going to reward all participants with EXCLUSIVE VANITIES, which you cannot get in any other way if u did not joined in the beginning of it.

So, whoever was running the official Gauntlet event, may feel a bit disappointed now knowing there is absolutely no chance to win this exclusive items. One may only wonder why STS would not officially announce this? Is this another one event with prices comparable with the Ursume event, not in terms of aesthetics, but variety?

The link to the appropriate thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Tour-of-Arlor

Vanities you have missed out:
    Name:  ChCOQik.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  119.4 KB
    Name:  UG2NLP6.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  91.8 KB
    Name:  ZGEd6DQ.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  79.9 KB
    Last edited by grzena1982; 02-20-2015 at 11:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Nothing unfair about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

I ran the Gauntlet leaderboard, as did MANY members of my guild, we all knew about this contest which, in the info given prior to the contest starting it was stated that an EXCLUSIVE PRIZE GIVEN BY STS would be awarded to anyone who completed all the requirements. Tell me what's unfair about that?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

You could get them prety easily. If you add up the total time of all necessary runs it barely gets to 4h....

Also, if you are lazy is not STS problem neither ours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The first week of this contest ran beyond the date the gaunlet ended.
    It was clearly stated that STS would be distributing an exclusive prize for all who completed all 4 weeks.
    Furthermore it only took maybe 20 minutes max to run all maps for week 1 even running solo.

I am sure you can see that it's hard to validate your concerns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

It was said from the beginning, even in the planning stages that StS would give all participants who completed the entire Tour of Arlor an award. There was never any secret! You either chose to participate or not. Weeks 1 and 2 of the Tour of Arlor are running 2/3 minute maps, a drop in the hat. Truly the easiest weeks.

A lot of people could not be bothered with these weeks, or the contest and that is FINE and your choice. The vanity will go to the people who were in it from the beginning, these are the people who represent the focus of this contest. Meaning, the players who are running because they enjoy being a PvE player and are proud to post a SS that they can and did run every single elite map in the game.

Don't belittle the contest by griping you aren't getting a token off StS. You can always enter the Tour of Arlor next year, we plan for this to go on as an annual event.

Thank you again to those of you participating in the contest, and if you or your guild is struggling in Weeks 3 and 4 PLEASE message any of the hosts and we will gladly assist you to the end.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

This was not announced in the announcement section otherwise I and other would have known about this. The vanities given out are comparable to the prices given in the ursume event. Besides to the best of my knowledge it was stated that there will be a surprise reward which does not indicate something of exclusive non-tradable value. The reward was not properly announced and thus many players did not have a chance to try their chances. I think every single player should be properly informed about aspects of this magnitude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

So, let me understand. You are angry because you couldn't be bothered to do a total of 30 minutes of runs in Week 1 and 2?

A month long event representing the largest player-driven contest ever created in AL with STS gifts at the end isn't enough magnitude for you to even be curious?

Prior to the discovery that there were vanities involved, 35m, Mythic eggs, helping guildies get missing APs, fun runs, cross-guild competition and increased activity and participation were all beneath you?

Now, after realizing that you have disqualified yourself due to a total lack of participation, you are going to rage and turn what is effectively an event celebrating Elites, Unity, Fun and Challenge into a crusade?

I posted the contest, I was open about there being an STS reward. It's no one's fault other than yours that you didn't want to participate because there wasn't enough in the prize pool for you to bother putting in a TOTAL of 50 minutes of game play over the first two weeks.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

9. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grzena1982 View Post
    This was not announced in the announcement section otherwise I and other would have known about this. The vanities given out are comparable to the prices given in the ursume event. Besides to the best of my knowledge it was stated that there will be a surprise reward which does not indicate something of exclusive non-tradable value. The reward was not properly announced and thus many players did not have a chance to try their chances. I think every single player should be properly informed about aspects of this magnitude.
    SPECIAL STS PRIZE NEW!
    STS (Remiem) has told me that they will have a small surprise gift for ALL players that complete all four weekly challenges. This means, for those that successfully complete every elite map all four weeks, they will receive a little bonus for their effort at the end of this contest.

This was listed from the very beginning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Name:  Screenshot_2015-02-20-08-45-27.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  37.6 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Name:  Tissue-Cry-baby.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  140.3 KB

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ueveotadeo For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    SPECIAL STS PRIZE NEW!
    STS (Remiem) has told me that they will have a small surprise gift for ALL players that complete all four weekly challenges. This means, for those that successfully complete every elite map all four weeks, they will receive a little bonus for their effort at the end of this contest.

This was listed from the very beginning.
    Thank u for this. Candy I am not trying to belittle this contest. To be frank I think it is a great thing, but this seems to me not like an ordinary contest, but unofficial 3 weeks long event with comparable prices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Last time forbearers were given away you were boned if you didn't have a screen recorder, back then no complaining threads showed up.

Lets try keeping it that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grzena1982 View Post
    Thank u for this. Candy I am not trying to belittle this contest. To be frank I think it is a great thing, but this seems to me not like an ordinary contest, but unofficial 3 weeks long event with comparable prices.
    We have tried from the beginning to be transparent on the prizes and encourage everyone possible to run! Kali and any of the guys hosting are totally laid back and have volunteered our time to any guild or person to help run. We have people in our own guilds who missed some maps and won't get the vanity.

We went round and round on the StS prizes, what we originally asked for was turned down. Kali got the final vanity OK literally 2 days ago and posted it up to the forums. He could not legitimately say what the prize was until we got the 100% confirmation and the SS of it. Can you imagine if he said, hey guys there is a vanity for a prize but they ended up not being able to deliver it?

I truly am sorry if you felt misled in anyway, our intent was to make something fun for the game to fill the hole before expansion. Meet friends, gain APs, that's it. Please try and understand this was never a malicious or devious act. Simply a prize for the people who supported the Tour from the beginning.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

The only real thing worthy of complaining about here is the fact that the other classes get shoes/boots on their Vanites, whilst us smurfs go barefoot
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    We have tried from the beginning to be transparent on the prizes and encourage everyone possible to run! Kali and any of the guys hosting are totally laid back and have volunteered our time to any guild or person to help run. We have people in our own guilds who missed some maps and won't get the vanity.

We went round and round on the StS prizes, what we originally asked for was turned down. Kali got the final vanity OK literally 2 days ago and posted it up to the forums. He could not legitimately say what the prize was until we got the 100% confirmation and the SS of it. Can you imagine if he said, hey guys there is a vanity for a prize but they ended up not being able to deliver it?

I truly am sorry if you felt misled in anyway, our intent was to make something fun for the game to fill the hole before expansion. Meet friends, gain APs, that's it. Please try and understand this was never a malicious or devious act. Simply a prize for the people who supported the Tour from the beginning.
    May I ask what the prize was you guys wanted?^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    The only real thing worthy of complaining about here is the fact that the other classes get shoes/boots on their Vanites, whilst us smurfs go barefoot
    The mage one is the ugliest one in my opinion.
    It's only covering 1 part of the body :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

So you are mad because you were too lazy to run it since you didn't know what the prize was?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appeltjes View Post
    May I ask what the prize was you guys wanted?^^
    Sure! We asked for them to make a banner for this. They just didn't have enough time to create something new, so an old recolored vanity was what worked on both ends. Turns out a banner, which from our eyes seems like a simple colored square, is actually labor intensive on their end.

Again, we plan for this to be an annual event so perhaps next year we will get the banners and be able to tell everyone from the beginning what it looks like.

A PvE contest of this magnitude is the first for everyone, the community and StS. Everything isn't perfect, but we learn as we go and adjust for the future. We had no clue so many people would be submitting SS and I know that next year Kali will be able to adjust the time frame of each week based on what we learned from this round.

Again, to the OP your voice is heard and valued and I hope that you see it from both sides. Hey I see you got the Gauntlet banner too btw. Pft I was too busy inputting on week 1 to go for that one. Hehe. Give and take here, right? I mean for PvE to have so many things to do in the game is a POSITIVE!!!!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    So, let me understand. You are angry because you couldn't be bothered to do a total of 30 minutes of runs in Week 1 and 2?

A month long event representing the largest player-driven contest ever created in AL with STS gifts at the end isn't enough magnitude for you to even be curious?

Prior to the discovery that there were vanities involved, 35m, Mythic eggs, helping guildies get missing APs, fun runs, cross-guild competition and increased activity and participation were all beneath you?

Now, after realizing that you have disqualified yourself due to a total lack of participation, you are going to rage and turn what is effectively an event celebrating Elites, Unity, Fun and Challenge into a crusade?

I posted the contest, I was open about there being an STS reward. It's no one's fault other than yours that you didn't want to participate because there wasn't enough in the prize pool for you to bother putting in a TOTAL of 50 minutes of game play over the first two weeks.
    Why would you assume outright that I am angry rather than that i may find this development a bit unfair. I did not take a part in this knowing that the payouts were coming from private pockets and would benefit more other players more then myself. However, exclusive non-tradable vanity it is a different issue here as I would have made that effort.

I do not undermine your work, not the contest you are behind. I oppose every lack of transparency, buffs and nerfs business and changing prices after they have been announced. I am no doing this for personal gain either, but all those who would have taken part in this knowing beforehand what they are fighting for.