Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Exclusive vanities being given out which you unfairly cannot get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Sure! We asked for them to make a banner for this. They just didn't have enough time to create something new, so an old recolored vanity was what worked on both ends. Turns out a banner, which from our eyes seems like a simple colored square, is actually labor intensive on their end.

Again, we plan for this to be an annual event so perhaps next year we will get the banners and be able to tell everyone from the beginning what it looks like.

A PvE contest of this magnitude is the first for everyone, the community and StS. Everything isn't perfect, but we learn as we go and adjust for the future. We had no clue so many people would be submitting SS and I know that next year Kali will be able to adjust the time frame of each week based on what we learned from this round.

Again, to the OP your voice is heard and valued and I hope that you see it from both sides. Hey I see you got the Gauntlet banner too btw. Pft I was too busy inputting on week 1 to go for that one. Hehe. Give and take here, right? I mean for PvE to have so many things to do in the game is a POSITIVE!!!!
    A banner in my opinion should show what it's connected to, with elites that would be quite hard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grzena1982 View Post
    Why would you assume outright that I am angry rather than that i may find this development a bit unfair. I did not take a part in this knowing that the payouts were coming from private pockets and would benefit more other players more then myself. However, exclusive non-tradable vanity it is a different issue here as I would have made that effort.

I do not undermine your work, not the contest you are behind. I oppose every lack of transparency, buffs and nerfs business and changing prices after they have been announced. I am no doing this for personal gain either, but all those who would have taken part in this knowing beforehand what they are fighting for.
    My main reason of joining this contest was the secret prize, sometimes you just have to go for it if you think it's worth it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    197 Posts

We wanted a banner tbh, and it was discussed in the same thread that you have flamed! But even to scroll down a bit was too much for you!
    Players gave away gold and eggs from their personal stashes, we have a small team that sacrificed their personal time for this contest to upload all the data.
    You come here to general discussion and trying to flame the contest?
    I'm sorry, but your lack of interest (just because we mentioned a SMALL prize from sts) in the contest from the beginning shows that you don't deserve it anyway.
    Kali made it for PVE comunity, not greedy players.
    Next time pay attention to details before flaming.

Sent from under the bed - Tapatalk still sux

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Starkinea For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    We have tried from the beginning to be transparent on the prizes and encourage everyone possible to run! Kali and any of the guys hosting are totally laid back and have volunteered our time to any guild or person to help run. We have people in our own guilds who missed some maps and won't get the vanity.

We went round and round on the StS prizes, what we originally asked for was turned down. Kali got the final vanity OK literally 2 days ago and posted it up to the forums. He could not legitimately say what the prize was until we got the 100% confirmation and the SS of it. Can you imagine if he said, hey guys there is a vanity for a prize but they ended up not being able to deliver it?

I truly am sorry if you felt misled in anyway, our intent was to make something fun for the game to fill the hole before expansion. Meet friends, gain APs, that's it. Please try and understand this was never a malicious or devious act. Simply a prize for the people who supported the Tour from the beginning.
    Thank you for clarification. With your words I personally consider this case as closed. I felt a bit misled as I honestly think that every excludive item should be properly announced, so that everyone has a chance to put his hand on it and not half way through something.

I apologise if I have wronged anyone of you with my concerns, but isnt this what the forums are for?

Thanks again and congratulations to the winers. You lucky bustards! ;-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to grzena1982 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    So, let me understand. You are angry because you couldn't be bothered to do a total of 30 minutes of runs in Week 1 and 2?

A month long event representing the largest player-driven contest ever created in AL with STS gifts at the end isn't enough magnitude for you to even be curious?

Prior to the discovery that there were vanities involved, 35m, Mythic eggs, helping guildies get missing APs, fun runs, cross-guild competition and increased activity and participation were all beneath you?

Now, after realizing that you have disqualified yourself due to a total lack of participation, you are going to rage and turn what is effectively an event celebrating Elites, Unity, Fun and Challenge into a crusade?

I posted the contest, I was open about there being an STS reward. It's no one's fault other than yours that you didn't want to participate because there wasn't enough in the prize pool for you to bother putting in a TOTAL of 50 minutes of game play over the first two weeks.
    Im not interested in participe for 35m contest or mythics eggs, but if they announced the vanitys before ill run for sure, even if needed 3 hours a day.

I get top lb on halloween, winter and gauntlet events, but this wasn't announced in offcial thread so can't expect exclusive vanitys for it.

think a good way to solve this is give a chance to own one after they announced or they can give plat/gold/items NO EXCLUSIVE.

PS: scroll a little up and see how innapropiate behavour they are using like cry or fu(that was in other thread on contest).

Imnot a kid i have 27 years old, work, house and wife and their have no respect here
    Last edited by Enterradora; 02-20-2015 at 12:18 PM.
    Lvl46 Rogue - Enterradora || Lvl46 Mage - Enterradori || Lvl41 Warrior - Enterradore

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Enterradora For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enterradora View Post
    Im not interested in participe for 35m contest or mythics eggs, but if they announced the vanitys before ill run for sure, even if needed 3 hours a day.

I get top lb on halloween, winter and gauntlet events, but this wasn't announced in offcial thread so can't expect exclusive vanitys for it.

think a good way to solve this is give a chanace to own one after they announced or they can give plat/gold/items.

PS: scroll a little up and see how innapropiate behavour they are using like cry or fu(that was in other thread on contest).
    The prize wasn't known when the contest started...

Ps: if the fu was for my meme that isn't fu as the offensive phrase...

*light bulb* a vanity is an item.
    Last edited by Appeltjes; 02-20-2015 at 12:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Starkinea View Post
    We wanted a banner tbh, and it was discussed in the same thread that you have flamed! But even to scroll down a bit was too much for you!
    Players gave away gold and eggs from their personal stashes, we have a small team that sacrificed their personal time for this contest to upload all the data.
    You come here to general discussion and trying to flame the contest?
    I'm sorry, but your lack of interest (just because we mentioned a SMALL prize from sts) in the contest from the beginning shows that you don't deserve it anyway.
    Kali made it for PVE comunity, not greedy players.
    Next time pay attention to details before flaming.

Sent from under the bed - Tapatalk still sux
    Srry but i don't need to be announced for u hey there is a especial exclusive vanity if u run that contest, thats the STS work and they should be announced in official thread
    Lvl46 Rogue - Enterradora || Lvl46 Mage - Enterradori || Lvl41 Warrior - Enterradore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    197 Posts

think a good way to solve this is give a chanace to own one after they announced or they can give plat/gold/items NO EXCLUSIVE.
    Well sorry, but no.. the prize was exlusive from the beginning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    197 Posts

Srry but i don't need to be announced for u hey there is a especial exclusive vanity if u run that contest, thats the STS work and they should be announced in official thread
    It is not STS contest, they dont need to announce anything,
    This contest was arranged by Kalizzaa, and he did anounce it in his thread
    Case closed, ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Starkinea View Post
    It is not STS contest, they dont need to announce anything,
    This contest was arranged by Kalizzaa, and he did anounce it in his thread
    Case closed, ty
    NO, a exclusive vanity should be followed for an offcicial thread, i no need to check the kalizza contest to known their is a exclusive vanity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Actually, you should stop complaining a bit and open your eyes.

NOTHING IN THIS CONTEST IS STS WORK (all due respect to STS ppl!)

All of this was only possible due to the hardwork and dedication of a handfull of people that still cares about PVE.

Vanity was announced when it was confirmed, but from the very beging you knew that there was some other prize being offered.
    If you couldnt be bothered to run, that is on you only, so stop diminishing everyones effort on this contest so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

NO, a exclusive vanity should be followed for an offcicial thread, i no need to check the kalizza contest to known their is a exclusive vanity.
    Lolololololololololololololololololol, all for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Sts posts mini-contests in the "Contests" section of the forums from time to time, the only difference here is that Kalizzza was the one who posted about this contest, it was also clearly stated that a special prize would be awarded, no one besides the contest planners and the dev(s)/mod(s) that they inquired to would have known what the actual prize was until it was publicly announced anyways.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    197 Posts

Maybe in your oppinion ,
    But as i wrote before, your lack of interest in the first place, does not give you any right to discuss the prizes of contest YOU didn't participate in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

This should have been announced in a game banner or the news. I had no idea about this contest or the prizes.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gumball3000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    This should have been announced in a game banner or the news. I had no idea about this contest or the prizes.
    Maybe you shouldn't have joined a pvp guild?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grzena1982 View Post
    Why would you assume outright that I am angry rather than that i may find this development a bit unfair. I did not take a part in this knowing that the payouts were coming from private pockets and would benefit more other players more then myself. However, exclusive non-tradable vanity it is a different issue here as I would have made that effort.

I do not undermine your work, not the contest you are behind. I oppose every lack of transparency, buffs and nerfs business and changing prices after they have been announced. I am no doing this for personal gain either, but all those who would have taken part in this knowing beforehand what they are fighting for.
    come to my game..it's better there...we all float there...everything floats there

If I would have known about this I would have tried...but meh..i have the original so its ok XD.
    Last edited by octavos; 02-20-2015 at 12:30 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ueveotadeo View Post
    Actually, you should stop complaining a bit and open your eyes.

NOTHING IN THIS CONTEST IS STS WORK (all due respect to STS ppl!)

All of this was only possible due to the hardwork and dedication of a handfull of people that still cares about PVE.

Vanity was announced when it was confirmed, but from the very beging you knew that there was some other prize being offered.
    If you couldnt be bothered to run, that is on you only, so stop diminishing everyones effort on this contest so far.
    THE STS WORK IS A EXCLUSIVE VANITYS, there is none complain if no vanitys.

U got it?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Enterradora For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    You guys blind?

ITS NOT AN STS CONTEST!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

THE STS WORK IS A EXCLUSIVE VANITYS, there is none complain if no vanitys.

U got it?
    No I'm not getting it, your English seems a bit broken...