Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Merch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default Merch

Here be a little guide about Merch!

What is Merch?

Merch comes from the words merchandising, which means buy and sell.

How to Merch?

Merch is all about buying cheaper, and selling for higher price.

To merch very efficiently, you must look after items that's value varies a lot. Then, you'll buy it when it's price is low, then sell it when it's price is high. It's recommended to check the auction everyday for such opportunities. The best merch system is when there is a repetitive cycle. You can also look after item's that's value keep rising, like discontinued items.

You should study the price variation before merching an item, by buying one sample of the item and try selling it for a higher price. Make sure that the profit's cover the selling taxes if you use the auction.
    You should ask other's advice before merching an item: Some people must have tried merching that item before you.
    You should check auction everyday for some opportunities: Some people sell items for a very low price (yep, 150k value staff for 55k ->Planar Rod of Brutality)
    You should check announcements for future events. Events are the main factor affecting item value.

What should I merch?

Locked Grand Crate of the Watch is classic. It's price has been going up and down since game beginning. Look for event where people will buy them for high prices and sell them. You can also wait for event where everybody will be selling it causing a price drop and here be your chance to buy them: You'll be able to sell them when prices goes back to normal, or goes higher.

As it was said, Events are precursor of price variation:

The introduction of Maridos, with half price to unlock, Locked Grand Crate of the Watch's price doubled!
    At double grand gem odds, the value of gems' doubled and tripled (4.5k for blood gem, 3k for fire gem, and 2.5k for glacial gem)
    Now, when ankh drop from bosses, people will farm low level bosses. The Ankh kit value will drop.
    Double xp weekends will have an effect on XP elixir kits, check those out.

These are few examples, you must find the others. Locked Crates are not the only item that has a price variation. there are many items that can be merched and you must find those kits of easter eggs

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dragoonclaws For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Reserve this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

ANyone has any other tips to add, or things to add?

plz don't tell me there is a merch guide :c

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

What your describing is more on the lines of hoarding/investing as your buying items to store for a certain event.

Merching is buying an item your going to sell for more as soon as you buy it. E.g I bought glacian 5.5 knowing it sells easily at 6.5m and I sold 6m within a short period of time before the market value changes.

Although it's still a helpful thread and nit a hate thread lol so I'll give it a thumbs up XD

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

merching is buying items for low and selling for higher, yes. But hoarding is also considered merching since youre eventually going to end up selling for high.

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    Here be a little guide about Merch!

What is Merch?

Merch comes from the words merchandising, which means buy and sell.

How to Merch?

Merch is all about buying cheaper, and selling for higher price.

To merch very efficiently, you must look after items that's value varies a lot. Then, you'll buy it when it's price is low, then sell it when it's price is high. It's recommended to check the auction everyday for such opportunities. The best merch system is when there is a repetitive cycle. You can also look after item's that's value keep rising, like discontinued items.

You should study the price variation before merching an item, by buying one sample of the item and try selling it for a higher price. Make sure that the profit's cover the selling taxes if you use the auction.
    You should ask other's advice before merching an item: Some people must have tried merching that item before you.
    You should check auction everyday for some opportunities: Some people sell items for a very low price (yep, 150k value staff for 55k ->Planar Rod of Brutality)
    You should check announcements for future events. Events are the main factor affecting item value.

What should I merch?

Locked Grand Crate of the Watch is classic. It's price has been going up and down since game beginning. Look for event where people will buy them for high prices and sell them. You can also wait for event where everybody will be selling it causing a price drop and here be your chance to buy them: You'll be able to sell them when prices goes back to normal, or goes higher.

As it was said, Events are precursor of price variation:

The introduction of Maridos, with half price to unlock, Locked Grand Crate of the Watch's price doubled!
    At double grand gem odds, the value of gems' doubled and tripled (4.5k for blood gem, 3k for fire gem, and 2.5k for glacial gem)
    Now, when ankh drop from bosses, people will farm low level bosses. The Ankh kit value will drop.
    Double xp weekends will have an effect on XP elixir kits, check those out.

These are few examples, you must find the others. Locked Crates are not the only item that has a price variation. there are many items that can be merched and you must find those kits of easter eggs
    Nice guide. But these methods dont work anymore, I'm a very skilled mercher, and I have to say that merching is near impossible now unless you merch up to date, that means arcane rings, shards, fossils, etc.

Merching other items (including mythics) is near impossible. I'd recommend just farming untill economy is a bit fixed and new expansion out. what you're saying in your guide is what EVERY other person in game is doing, therefore you make 0 profit. too much of something is never good. this goes same thing for event items, everybody knows the process; Merch, hoard, sell later in year.

As you can see, it doesnt work unless its very good/worth it. take blinky for example. that's an exception due to the pet being very good

Then take Yowie...

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Hey guys,

I have moved this thread to the AL Player Guides section of the forums.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Arpluvial For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

ANyone has any other tips to add, or things to add?

plz don't tell me there is a merch guide :c
    Unfortunately, there is another merch guide...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

DRAGOON! What did I tell you about making merch guides? Nothing? Oh ok. Gad jab nab, gud jub nub, good joob noob, YOU GET DE POINT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

How many merch guides we gonna need?…
    Ign:Fvw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by radagan View Post
    How many merch guides we gonna need?…
    Manymany many more we arleardy have a lot its never enof!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

funny quoting myself... but someone missed this... failed his merch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

funny quoting myself... but someone missed this... failed his merch.
    Yes you did, go shame you.