Thread: Loadouts bypass check for attribute requirement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Default Loadouts bypass check for attribute requirement

I was just messing around with my warrior's gear and switching between sets. I happened to switch to the Copperhead Str set, and then switched to my Hate set using the preset loadouts. The problem is that with the Copperhead set on my Str is 155 and all my Hate gear is shown as unequipable, the lowest Str requirement being 157, but the loadout somehow doesn't check for the attribute requirements being met before putting the gear on.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Royce For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Not exactly a bug, I made a post explaining how to get around it a couple months ago. Some times loadout's get buggy when your using the minimal to equip the lowest requirement item in the set.

To fix it - Take all the gear off, save the loadout as a blank. Place the gear back on and save it again. If that doesn't fix it, try a few more times, and also try equipping the gear in different orders. I have gotten all loadouts that are having the same issues as yours to work in the past by doing that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Yeah, thats one of the reasons why I can get away with 170 str to 55 str gear through loadouts too.

I messaged the devs before about it, I didn't get any reply about it though. Wanted to make sure if it was legal or such because I put it up explicitly in my guide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

This has to be a bug though. I understand that with the Str bonuses of the items, I would have enough Str to meet the requirements, but only after getting the gear on which should not be possible in the first place. Equipping items should work the same way whether through loadouts or one at a time. With 155 Str each individual Hate item has a dark background and is not able to be equipped. It's nonsensical that the whole set can somehow be equipped at once without meeting a single attribute requirement. If this is intended, and only your attributes after equipping the gear matter, then single item equipping should also be changed so that an item can be equipped as long as you meet the requirements after it's on. Personally I'd like to see them fix loadouts since it doesn't seem right for it to work that way, but one way or another, something's gotta be changed, so the two methods of changing gear are subject to the same rules.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Royce For This Useful Post: