Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few questions from a returning player~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default A few questions from a returning player~

Hello everyone! I started playing AL shortly after it is first released but unfortunately stopped after the lv 26 cap due to studies and also AL seemed to encounter a dark age where everyone complained about everything and started leaving. I was pretty demotivated to play anymore after my guild (the only guild I joined in AL) disbanded and everyone just parted ways.

However, now things have been going pretty well for me and I decided to rejoin AL to spend some of my free time. I realized I have missed a lot of new content and my knowledge of the game seemed to be very outdated. I really hope some of my questions here can be answered. I managed to log into my account and I still have my lv 26 rogue and quite a satisfying bank account~

So here are the questions:
    1) are rogues still viable in pve now, and what is the skill set I should use for grinding? (This is pretty important for me as I'm not buying plat, thus limited respecs)

2) Is Malison still the best pet or are there better options now? May I know what should I get as a rogue?

3) What is the best place for me to level up to the cap currently, is the tombs in outpost still the best place?

4) What is the current situation of the economy? Are people still grinding chests for gold or are there better alternatives now?

5) Lastly, is the end game scene highly pay to win? Are arcanes and mythics highly overpowered?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Welcome Back! i myself re-joined the world arlor about 2 weeks ago.
    i clearly lack experience but from my standpoint what i can say is:

1)Rogues are still pretty good in pve, they're relatively easy to lvl. As for equipment i started from 21 and made my way 41 i would suggest u dont spend too much on low lvl gear unless u're rich lol and focus on collecting money for a good endgame gear. The planar tombs are pretty tough ._.

2)Alot more pets are emerged and poor malison is now nowhere near as good as the arcane and mythic pets. As for the companion i dont know much about that :| sry

3)For me the watcher tombs proved to be the best for lvling purposes.

4)Indeed! the farming for grand chest seems to be perpetual now more than before. However u can switch to elite maps and try your luck on farming eggs. Or if your feeling lucky and have a good team try farming dragon teeth

5)I cant really ans this cuz i believe i havent seen and experienced much and as for whether arcane and mythic are overpowered i wouldnt know as i own neither :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruejade View Post
    Hello everyone! I started playing AL shortly after it is first released but unfortunately stopped after the lv 26 cap due to studies and also AL seemed to encounter a dark age where everyone complained about everything and started leaving. I was pretty demotivated to play anymore after my guild (the only guild I joined in AL) disbanded and everyone just parted ways.

However, now things have been going pretty well for me and I decided to rejoin AL to spend some of my free time. I realized I have missed a lot of new content and my knowledge of the game seemed to be very outdated. I really hope some of my questions here can be answered. I managed to log into my account and I still have my lv 26 rogue and quite a satisfying bank account~

1) are rogues still viable in pve now, and what is the skill set I should use for grinding? (This is pretty important for me as I'm not buying plat, thus limited respecs)

2) Is Malison still the best pet or are there better options now? May I know what should I get as a rogue?

3) What is the best place for me to level up to the cap currently, is the tombs in outpost still the best place?

4) What is the current situation of the economy? Are people still grinding chests for gold or are there better alternatives now?

5) Lastly, is the end game scene highly pay to win? Are arcanes and mythics highly overpowered?

Thanks in advance!
    1) some of my good friends are Rogues... and they rock at PvE

2) There are MANY new pets, way better then Malison. Some say Blinky, Abbadon (xp bonus here), Slag, Yowie or breeze (it got nerfed). If you don't want to spend much, take Frist, Ethyl, or Deary...

3) Yes those tombs is where many people end their life. They come out when capped, and then start discovering the new world.

4) if you're talking about Locked crates, yes. I you're talking about Elite Golden Pirate Chest/ Warchest/ Puzzlebox/ Dragonscale Chest, even more yes. If you're talking about the Normal Golden Chests, meh.

5)As usual, but the overpowered pets keep getting nerfed (Breeze, Nekro, ....) Arcane weapon for Sorcerer (LVL36 Kershal) and the Myhtic weapon (LVL41 Scythe) are both OP very strong, could be compared. I can't say for the other weapons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

1)rogues still best at elite pve farming, idk much abt skill build xD get lv41 myth bow and imbued set, arcane ring and planar amulet lolol
    2)malison is very poor compared to other pets now, check out gyrm,dova,blinky,yowie,and arcane pets
    3)yeah wt4 still best, watch out for lags and dcs tho, u can farm letter candies also, and.craft em etc etc look in announcements for event details
    4)the economy situation:deflation,every item losing price bcuz most players are poor and cant afford stuff. If u have gold left, its a gud time to gear up. Farming elites and planar tombs and arenas is the way to make gold now.
    5)Yeah pay to win. Best items cost a fortune. Planar tombs and arenas require tons of ankhs and potions. Mythic weaps still op, shady n surge best arcane pets op, imbued set legendary is best armor atm, op legendary, arcane ring still op, planar pendant op, not tradeable, need to craft, recipe costs 15m+ lol

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk
    IGN: Vrao/Bjzg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

You can get into decent end game farming shape for less than 10M.
    Upgraded mythic set, level 41 mythic daggers, mythic ring and eerie necro potency or fang amulet with blinky as a pet. There's a pretty good rogue section on the forums that covers pve and pvp.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Woah, looks like things have really changed a lot! Damn time to grind my way to the top again..... Thank you all very much for the warm response!

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    Upgraded mythic set, level 41 mythic daggers, mythic ring and eerie necro potency or fang amulet with blinky as a pet. There's a pretty good rogue section on the forums that covers pve and pvp.
    Whelp~ let's hope 8M is enough....

One more question though, anyone knows when the next expansion is arriving? I wouldn't want to spend a fortune on end game gear and suddenly get wrecked by a new expansion...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Woah, looks like things have really changed a lot! Damn time to grind my way to the top again..... Thank you all very much for the warm response!

One more question though, anyone knows when the next expansion is arriving? I wouldn't want to spend a fortune on end game gear and suddenly get wrecked by a new expansion...
    The expansion is probably going to come somwhere in May, June, or July most likely. And by the way, Kraag tombs 4 is the best way to level. Check out Serancha's guide: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...d-Kraag-Tomb-4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Probably soonish. Note I said for decent endgame farming. You could manage for 9. 8 is pushing it depending on the price of the daggers. They are the most expensive item I listed. To max out you could easily surpass 100M between nekro, arcane ring, planar pendant, imbued and frost bow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

If you are planning to do PVE more than PVP, I'd join an elite farming guild like Enigmatic, when you level up and you have obtained some gear. You don't have to spend a ton to get some good items, I would just get a leveled mythic set, a legendary weapon (magmatic), and some cheap amulets and rings. Don't forget to gem your items by the way. Rogues use fire gems most of the times, they add an amount of dexterity depending on what rarity of the gem you got.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I'll sell you a mythic helm for 400 to get you started. In CS lowest is 550 atm. Let it be a welcome back gift. I'll be on for another 5 minutes or so. Ign is same as forum name.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Jaaaaaade! WB!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

My advice would be wait till that cupid portal would open it could lead u to a new expansion or just arcane deary and i would feel like getting trolled by sts if arcane deary comes zzz gl with ur future endeavours.

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Jaaaaaade! WB!!
    Gosh it feels good to be back~ A lot have changed though... I just played a few hours and I'm playing like a noob again..

So many new features and maps to learn once more, and here I am trying to level up sooooo slowly.. I won't be as active as last time though, university life seemed to be quite tough~ XD time to cash in all the twink equipments I kept for almost 2 years~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Rue, remember me?

Limsyoker here!
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsi View Post
    Rue, remember me?

Limsyoker here!
    YEP~~~~~~~ I still have the agile lifethief of potency you sold me~~~XD My first ever endgame gear~~~

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruejade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Thanks in advance!
    Welcome back!

1) Rouges are beasts in elite. Just aimed, nox, pierce and razor. (You can buy free respec kits in CS for around 50k, that's 10k a respec since it's a 5 respec bundle thingy)

2) Best pet is Nekro/SnS, but it's like 60m+. A respectable pet would be Gyrm, Blinky, Dovabear, Yowie. (Samael, Singe, Mardios)

3) WT4 definitely a great place still, but people are talking Kraag Tombs now..

4) Open crates, P2W or merch.. Or grind T3 for breeze or be lucky (luciker than looting anything in crates) and loot recipe in arena (In Kraag) or fossil..

5) Yeah they're OP in PvP.. PvE just do whatever you like but Ankhs are a must..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Arcane fellowship!! Haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Thanks in advance!
    1. For PvE- unlock SP, 4/5 Traps (no combust), 4/5 nox (no serrated it's bugged), 5/5 aimed

2. Gyrm, Blinky, breeze, or save up and buy a singe

3. WT4

4. Locked/egg farming is down, your gold is in planar tombs and arena.

5. Yes. Yes if you plan to be a viable end game player you really need to have some mythic and arcane gear.The good thing is the economy is down and you can pick up things for cheap if you work hard and farm and have a bit of luck on your side.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    This is very good information here and exactly correct. You can use those daggers and pick up a legendary bow for bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

In addition to respec kits, they introduced Ankhs to be used for respecs. You can buy them for plat or find them in the auction house for gold. Klaas also gives quite a few of them for free. In a recent weekend, bosses sometimes dropped 1 Ankh.

It's 1 Ankh to revive, and 5 Ankhs to revive w/ revenge.

I really like that you can choose to use just gold. It still takes a lot of farming, but there's a lot you can farm for and use.

Star light, star bright...