Thread: Did you participate in the Tour of Arlor?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Thumbs up Did you participate in the Tour of Arlor?

We need another thread, right?! Hehe.

Okay as you know the Tour of Arlor is over and Kali has posted up the winners of vanity and prizes. This week and weekend we will be working to pass out the gold and eggs to those of you who have earned additional prizes throughout the tour. I wanted to make a thread to express my gratitude to the PvE community here in Arlor. This game gets a lot of noise with PvP, they even have their own section in the forums. However, the TRUE champions of the game are those who are elite map runners. I am not talking about the ones farming WT4 and have no death, I am talking about those of you who proudly have wracked up thousands of death learning the ins and outs of elite PvE maps in this game. Those same people are the ones who gathered to tackle the Tour of Arlor.

Now that you have completed the Tour of Arlor and have proven yourself as an elite beast here, I want you to do two things. First, continue to hone your skills in elite maps. Go back and think of which maps gave you the most difficulty and work with your guild to refine your run. This is one of the most important things for PvE guilds to do, continue to improve their ability to play with each other in elites. Secondly, continue to pay it forward. Every day new players cap and have zero elite maps completed. Continue to embrace these people into our community so we can thrive and fill the spots of those who retire. We were all there at one time or another. Let's not box these guys out, but rather find the eager players who are ready to step up and join us as PvE runners.

One of the greatest things about this Tour was it bridged the guilds together. We inputted runs with parties in all sorts of guilds, and that is amazing. I think by continuing our outreach on the forums of things we need help with is something we should embrace and continue even though the Tour is finished.

Thank you to everyone who participated in one week or all of the Tour. Your encouragement and understanding when it got hectic made this contest worth hosting. We plan to make this an annual event, and we would all appreciate if you have any advice or suggestions as we conclude the contest. You can use this thread if you like, or send any of the hosts a PM.

Kali you made something really magical happen here for the community. Your technical expertise and generous heart made this contest the best I have ever been a part of and I am honored to have been a part of the team.

2. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

So true!!!!
    Just one thing, keep that reward thing suspense till mid or last :P
    So that we will be getting participant eagar to run the ELITES and not the ones who want that PRIZE...

Nice Art
    Need help?
    Guardian2:Tank ; Guardian3:Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

I wish I could of participated when this was happening, maybe be next year?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

No candy I dont participate :/ because This was announcement in al-contentest, I think STS must the next time do a announcement in the game for more participation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cami View Post
    No candy I dont participate :/ because This was announcement in al-contentest, I think STS must the next time do a announcement in the game for more participation
    It's a player hosted contest, player hosted contest are always announced in the contest section (exceptions made for pvp contests). Just because sts donated one of the several prices it doesn't mean that they have to announce the contest in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

I didnt participate the tour of arlor but i wished evryone goodluck so now i wil wish evryone goodluck to contineu farming elite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

I wish I did after I found out the prizes. I just didn't do it since I'm in a solo guild and therefore would have to chance of winning. If I knew the prize was this grand, it would have been easy to solo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

a big thank you to the whole team for making it happen and extra kudos to kali for pulling this off! we have seen so many threads this year about imbalances, gear gaps, brainless pvp drama or lb exploits: things like this are a perfect showcase that there s a great *team* game behind all this woes and that there s no bigger fun then to conquer the obstacles together with a bunch of fun people from all over the world with goofy outfits and names

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I was a fantastic contest! Ran through all the maps to help guildies finish up AP's as well as completion of the event! It emphasized everything that I like about the game and no PVP trash talk nonsense. Even running with other guilds I heard was positive!

Any idea when this epicly awesome vanity will be ready? hehe
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Definitely a big thank you to the whole team who made the Tour happen.

I too am the only one active in my guild. Actually, it's me, myself and I, so me, myself and I entered it and completed it. It was an amazing event!

I thought just a contest doing the entire elites was an amazing idea, so when it got off the ground with the amazing prizes donated by PLAYERS, I was for sure in. It made me happy to see so many other participants who thought the event was amazing. I was so happy when the event blew up that first week. Loved it then and loved it week 4 when I was debating soloing my warrior

Anyways, gratz to everyone who made it possible, organizers and participants!

I would love to see the Tour again next year!

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    We need another thread, right?! Hehe.

Okay as you know the Tour of Arlor is over and Kali has posted up the winners of vanity and prizes. This week and weekend we will be working to pass out the gold and eggs to those of you who have earned additional prizes throughout the tour. I wanted to make a thread to express my gratitude to the PvE community here in Arlor. This game gets a lot of noise with PvP, they even have their own section in the forums. However, the TRUE champions of the game are those who are elite map runners. I am not talking about the ones farming WT4 and have no death, I am talking about those of you who proudly have wracked up thousands of death learning the ins and outs of elite PvE maps in this game. Those same people are the ones who gathered to tackle the Tour of Arlor.

Now that you have completed the Tour of Arlor and have proven yourself as an elite beast here, I want you to do two things. First, continue to hone your skills in elite maps. Go back and think of which maps gave you the most difficulty and work with your guild to refine your run. This is one of the most important things for PvE guilds to do, continue to improve their ability to play with each other in elites. Secondly, continue to pay it forward. Every day new players cap and have zero elite maps completed. Continue to embrace these people into our community so we can thrive and fill the spots of those who retire. We were all there at one time or another. Let's not box these guys out, but rather find the eager players who are ready to step up and join us as PvE runners.

One of the greatest things about this Tour was it bridged the guilds together. We inputted runs with parties in all sorts of guilds, and that is amazing. I think by continuing our outreach on the forums of things we need help with is something we should embrace and continue even though the Tour is finished.

Thank you to everyone who participated in one week or all of the Tour. Your encouragement and understanding when it got hectic made this contest worth hosting. We plan to make this an annual event, and we would all appreciate if you have any advice or suggestions as we conclude the contest. You can use this thread if you like, or send any of the hosts a PM.

Kali you made something really magical happen here for the community. Your technical expertise and generous heart made this contest the best I have ever been a part of and I am honored to have been a part of the team.
    Here, Here!
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

True words spoken Candy it was a fun event, and brought a lot of excitement. I did learn a few things doing them elites and I think will continue to do so

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I should say Thank you candy for letting me participate