Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Future of Mythic/Imbued sets?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Default The Future of Mythic/Imbued sets?

Ive heard this question asked alot. What will be best next cap? Will Imbued stay the same or be upgradable to 46. Also will mythics be upgradable again? It seems like abit of a possible problem or possible wrong choice being made by sts resulting in nerfs and future price jumps/drops, rage threads etc..

Anyways i think ive thought up a solution. Im unsure if anyone else thought of this before me or not, but... come out with a recipe and add it to the new expansion content making it farmable or purchasable from a farmable currency(like teeth). This recipe will make new varied armor/helm sets combining mythic set with an imbued set(varies) each helm/suit would be done separately with an ingot and a dragonbar. This would utilize everything and solve that whole dilemma. Also would add build depth because the end result set would vary and have different "primary stats" for example making a rogue set with imbued of will would have high armor, tactics high crit, brutality hp, and potency would add dmg and mana stats to the newly crafted hybrid armor. 2 recipes would be required one for each the helm and the armor.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Thexkid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Yeah and you get killstreaks in ctf so I can call down a nuke on the enemies I like the way you think sun

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pirate Captain For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I shared same thoughts in gc a couple of times. With adding of mythic thingy needed for crafting from locked crate it would be total win for all: all content is playable and sts get money for new implementation.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rstilzchen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Yeah we've been talking a lot and I think combining these two to make a better set might be the way to go too. It'll keep a reason to get each piece and finish the quests and give us something other to go for. Not sure exactly how to do it, but seems like a good option to me too.
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellaelda For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Why does everyone believe that armor should be upgraded in the first place? STS created this issue with mythic armor and upgrade quest, and I'm sure regrets the decision. Bottom line is if this is allowed it will kill endgame farming. And endgame farming is essential to a healthy game economy. Kalizza said it better than I can in another post on the topic.

Just no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Looks like there has been a breakout again.......

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ed-to-upgrades

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otahaanak View Post
    Why does everyone believe that armor should be upgraded in the first place? STS created this issue with mythic armor and upgrade quest, and I'm sure regrets the decision. Bottom line is if this is allowed it will kill endgame farming. And endgame farming is essential to a healthy game economy. Kalizza said it better than I can in another post on the topic.

Just no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You must have not completely thoroughly read through my whole entire originally posted thread(lol). I clearly stated how certain endgame farmed items could be implemented. When the level cap changes what do you think will happen with all of these current farmed endgame items such as dragonbar ingot and chests which contain imbued? I think they will drop in value(unless it could be countered by elites being harder due to new level 46 scale)(but what if the items arent good enough anymore :S less farm value in older content). Ive thought alot about the possible problems with my idea and also how it would help the value of items. And really its quite genius. @Energizeric go make a guild named <negative> and invite serancha please! Ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Why would people be upset about buying mythics recently? It's unlikely that there would be many sets better and it's not like they purchased the best anyway. So instead of 2nd best, they might be 3rd or 4th best. I don't think that all gear in next cap will be that much better. Of course I don't know for a fact, but mythic gear will likely still be fairly playable at the next cap. Imbued is far newer and people spent farm more than the mythics. 10-50m+ a set.

Mind you imbued aren't the normal legendary gear either. The normal 41 legendaries that you imbue are dark Crystal sets.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Upgrading equipment to a higher level is a terrible idea. It defeats the purpose of farming for new gear.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prynce View Post
    Upgrading equipment to a higher level is a terrible idea. It defeats the purpose of farming for new gear.
    How would this be considered "unfarmable" new gear?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

All of the ingredients besides recipe is farmable old gear. The idea is good, the ingredients are not imo. Imbued system has it right. All farmable. All new ingredients. That is what makes economy thrive. It introduced planarite ingots, recipes for new farmable currency (frags), planar essence, dark crystal equipment. Not to mention the elite planar chest market. If new mythics come out, I'm sure they will be good but old mythics are done. The tombs made is so everyone that can farm them can make millions. This is the type of wonderful end game content that people that farm for their gold are looking for. I sold a rogue mythic helm for 450k the other day. A set cost around the same as an entangled bow. I vote new content for a new expansion. Let these level 26 and 31 mythics die or be used for people that choose to be at a level where they are effective. Same with fang, doom, and lunar.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thexkid View Post
    How would this be considered "unfarmable" new gear?
    When I say "farming" I mean farming for new gear, not a quest for farming ingredients to upgrade old gear.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prynce View Post
    When I say "farming" I mean farming for new gear, not a quest for farming ingredients to upgrade old gear.
    In the end result its farming for new gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

the idea of upgrading again sounds good, but there are problems too. For example, think it this way, what if every time an expansion comes they upgrade again because the thing is weak, after 10 seasons when a new player comes to AL I dont think they will spend a year farming to upgrade 10 times. That would discourage newer players a lot, while the old ones cheer in joy that their same armor could be used for years.
    Solution? I think they should turn it into something that disapear when used (egg etc.) or something that doesnt grant stats (vanity), ofcourse on people's choice if they want to. That will make it not essential, while still gives the players something.
    Last edited by Sceazikua; 03-05-2015 at 01:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sceazikua View Post
    the idea of upgrading again sounds good, but there are problems too. For example, think it this way, what if every time an expansion comes they upgrade again because the thing is weak, after 10 seasons when a new player comes to AL I dont think they will spend a year farming to upgrade 10 times. That would discourage newer players a lot, while the old ones cheer in joy that their same armor could be used for years.
    Solution? I think they should turn it into something that disapear when used (egg etc.) or something that doesnt grant stats (vanity), ofcourse on people's choice if they want to. That will make it not essential, while still gives the players something.
    I see Exactly what u mean with upgrading too much(being a drug/contagious like eric said). Id expect an Arcane armor set around lv56 cap(lets not move too fast, but not too slow). This is just a temporary solution that gives us a chance to start over later if we wish to do so remember we r all in this together guys!! Lets all work together and make this the best game of all time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I don't think mythics OR imbued should be upgradeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Orrrr... make it to a similar methods to pocket legends crafting? People would love that I think, I forgot what the purple weapons was called... Looks kinda purple but once you got all the ingredient that the blacksmiths needs.. it's boom! turns into demonic set! upgraded levels, in stats, nice shiny black firy set! no fuss of drawing out another new gear so people could earn it through 1 meal a day when everybody already have it y'knooow
    stranger danger
    AL: Lovingly
    PL: Pollasauce, Whatachamp L35

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I agree with that Imbued should not get useless cause of this, but it's still Legendary, so I don't think anything will happend.
    Mythics tho, they should NOT get any new upgrades, they should be trashed, my opinions x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

I woudnt care if thre woud be lvl 46 mythc set is best so long it isnt the same set we are using for a decade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Lol I glanced to comments quickly because I like the proposed idea. Looks like people even don’t know what they want. Ones-dropable and usable gear from elites can’t keep the attention of farmer’s long time, because prices drop fast. Poor locked crate items cause a negative reaction from most part of players. New content (planar arena and tombs, what I still recognize for a new) won’t farmable zone (only best items call attention). Only craftable items from many elements solve the problem. Crafting old mythics + imbued + … it’s just a suggestion, based on info we know, ideally devs can offer us something better and same effective.
    For all, who still disagree or who lazy to read. This game is almost always game of one map (Elite,event,tombs - at any time 95% of end game players plays same map). That’s what I’m and Boa talking about.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to rstilzchen For This Useful Post: