Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48

  Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Future of Mythic/Imbued sets?

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,257
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    102
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

    Default

    You are right, and I'm only speaking from what I see on this forum, but we won't know what the rest of the AL population want do we? From what I see, mythic gear are still selling in the CS. It could be rich players who don't care about losing a mil when the gear become obsolete, or it could be players who cannot afford better, more expensive gear. Point is, if you're one who had just spend all the gold you have on a Mythic set so you can at least attempt to run a few profitable map to earn some gold, you wouldn't want it to be useless at expansion do you? You can counter by saying that people should wait until the expansion to spend, but what can one do in the mean time when you don't have the ability to run tombs/arena, which seem to be the only places worth farming right now?

    If you run around with maxed out gear, you are rich, period, whether it's through hard work/luck/or whatever else got you to that point. And who doesn't want to earn money if you're playing AL? All I'm hoping for is that STS make the new expansion farmable for the common folks, not just for the elite few, regardless of what they do with gear for the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    There's about 5 people on these forums that want to upgrade mythics. They're just really loud and obnoxious about it, so it seems like more. They are not the "majority of the poor".

    The rest of the people want some way to make money, so they don't fall into the "poor" category. You may assume these people are filthy rich because their names are well-known on the forums. However, that is not always the case. For example, people think I have hundreds of millions of gold, whereas the fact is that most "poor players" have more gold than I currently do.

    However, I'm capable of reversing this situation by making good use of my time and skills and earn my keep, rather than whining on the forums about being poor.

    Keep in mind people, that nowhere does it say Orcslayer will be the best gear or even decent. We have not seen the stats yet.

  2. #42
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Spaghettiland
    Posts
    287
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    88
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    32
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    There's about 5 people on these forums that want to upgrade mythics. They're just really loud and obnoxious about it, so it seems like more. They are not the "majority of the poor".

    The rest of the people want some way to make money, so they don't fall into the "poor" category. You may assume these people are filthy rich because their names are well-known on the forums. However, that is not always the case. For example, people think I have hundreds of millions of gold, whereas the fact is that most "poor players" have more gold than I currently do.

    However, I'm capable of reversing this situation by making good use of my time and skills and earn my keep, rather than whining on the forums about being poor.

    Keep in mind people, that nowhere does it say Orcslayer will be the best gear or even decent. We have not seen the stats yet.
    I totally agree with Serancha here.. why a lot of players thinks that imbued sets = plat/rich? I've got an imbued set and, believe me guys, i'm not so rich as you may think lol.
    When i see the imbued stats on forum i've decided to use all my free time farming for crystal fragments and planar chests.. and my gold too, of course, for ankhs, lix and all the necessary for running at my best in planar tombs, for ingots, essences, recipes!!
    Well, i opened my 20 chests and i was lucky (lol.. more than 10m in cs at the time) cause i've found out 2 dark crystal pieces for war, sold it and bought the crystal pieces for me!
    This game require patience, skillness, and good friend to run with (i've said good friends, not op friends )
    I know is hard to afford this kind of set without gold to spend, but running for fun and with a target is better, my guess, than running only for gold-gold-gold.

    Peace and sorry for my English :3
    Last edited by Kharjojo; 04-19-2015 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Forget to quote

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kharjojo For This Useful Post:


  4. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    562
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    158
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    25
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rstilzchen View Post
    I understood that you are forums worm without any knowledges about game and without you own precise point and arguments. Chatterbox.
    I haven't been on the forums in months and it takes literally 2mins tops to write these responses I don't see a point here just you saying "tough luck" in ur own way. And my response to the comment above the one I responded to is already written out on my original response to u(little more difficult to quote people on mobile). A lot of these are again proving my point about mainly only the ppl who already had money are benefitting from the new content while even when others reach the lvl cap they are in a way still unable to run these maps and have to stick with enjoying old content for about a year more when they get new gear but turns out theirs something better already
    Last edited by CheifR; 04-19-2015 at 01:37 PM.
    Using Tapatalk

  5. #44
    Junior Member Ayrtona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Is there a way I can get mythic armour for my warrior class. I don't want to use it, just to sell it, so I don't want to buy it in auction or open locked crates to get it. I'm after a way to farm it or something like that.

  6. #45
    Senior Member Serancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    4,218
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,047
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,887
    Thanked in
    1,041 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebatthing View Post
    You are right, and I'm only speaking from what I see on this forum, but we won't know what the rest of the AL population want do we? From what I see, mythic gear are still selling in the CS. It could be rich players who don't care about losing a mil when the gear become obsolete, or it could be players who cannot afford better, more expensive gear. Point is, if you're one who had just spend all the gold you have on a Mythic set so you can at least attempt to run a few profitable map to earn some gold, you wouldn't want it to be useless at expansion do you? You can counter by saying that people should wait until the expansion to spend, but what can one do in the mean time when you don't have the ability to run tombs/arena, which seem to be the only places worth farming right now?

    If you run around with maxed out gear, you are rich, period, whether it's through hard work/luck/or whatever else got you to that point. And who doesn't want to earn money if you're playing AL? All I'm hoping for is that STS make the new expansion farmable for the common folks, not just for the elite few, regardless of what they do with gear for the expansion.
    What would be the point of working for 2+ years to earn top gear, if someone could start now and within a month get to the point where they can do all the same things? The planar arena can be run just fine with icescale or other event gear - it just takes a bit longer than it would for a maxed player.

    The planar tombs were designed for players who have worked hard and earned their way to that difficulty level. The fact that there is little reward in the way of loot is a different issue, but the fact is that long-term players need a reason to obtain that gear. Not everyone enjoys PvP.


    The main issue I think you are referring to is that there was never any better loot added to this season's elite maps (Tinderin) after their release over a year ago. The armour was not better than mythic, which was one issue, and then when the event gear came along, the only thing worth farming was weapons. Then there were 3 releases of mythic weapons, crashing the market for even those. We had 6 months of issues with loot in the new arena also.

    So in short, I agree that there should be farmable items that people can make money on in normal elite maps, and STS needs to keep this up-to-date if they are going to have such long seasons. However, one must remember that it wouldn't only be lower-geared players farming those items, so there will always be the issue of maxed gears being able to farm faster and therefore get more chances at loot.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

  7. #46
    Forum Adept Thexkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    342
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    100
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    53
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

    Default

    I originally created this thread to ask the question and give an idea. My idea may not be the best, and i think it probably wont be applied. Mythics will most likely stay the same. Planar arena and planar tombs most likely will scale up and be 46 elites and the imbued recipes available from the npc should end up being for lv46 imbued. Elite Planar tombs chests will drop your level of dark crystal which would be lv46. They could scale up the mythic pendant recipes also making the newly post expansion looted recipe a 46version. All this would bring alot of value to farming Elites. Not to mention farmable items from the new content expansion maps that they will add. Tbh i would just like to know and not be told one thing and another happen.. theres alot thats unknown and gets changed and it all affects and sways the market. You cant even believe what sts says until it actually happens even then it can change over night, for example when they said singe egg would be the main crafting component for upgrading to a nekro egg. Singe sky rocketed, then its was changed :/ we learn as we go i guess

  8. #47
    Senior Member Dex Scene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Starter House
    Posts
    3,649
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    813
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    689
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kharjojo View Post
    This game require patience, skillness, and good friend to run with (i've said good friends, not op friends )
    However I vote for new better gears which is farmable but I disagree here.
    this game does require More luck and luck and some more luck only!!

    I have never looted a single planar chest!!
    The planar chests I have/had all came from the fragment shop!
    Neither of them dropped any good thing.
    I have never gotten a recipe!
    I have never looted a shadowlurk egg from elite tarewa!
    But don't even think I have not run enough elites!


    That's why I hate these super rare stuffs.
    Like I said,
    Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    If they upgrade Imbued sets, it will just widen the gap between rich and poor people! Most of the people can't even get to hand on current imbueds. The imbued owners (rich people mainly) will just get stronger.
    It will take almost a year for other people to catch up with the golds and buy an imbued. But then new season will come and people would want better sets!

    If they upgrade the mythic sets, it will kill elite farming!! Unless there are some huge crafting materials needed which can be farmed.

    Anything which is super rare, is for luckiest or rich people only!!
    So I would suggest new gears in elites which is not super rare but better than any available gears!!
    If almost all people can farm and use them, the gap between Rich and poor will be lessen enough. The only gaps will be pets, gems and grade thing (which I'll explain down).

    If these gears are not extreme rare, wouldn't they be super cheap? Where will the farmers get benefit then?
    That's why we can bring grade system in the new gears.
    What grade system is, nothing but an better upgrade!

    Suppose, you get 1 new XYZ helm. It will be XYZ Grade I gear!
    If you collect 3 same XYZ gear and you can get a dragonite bar, you can upgrade it. After upgrade, it will change it's colour and be named as XYZ grade II.
    There will be different numbers of same gears needed and different craft material which will be farmable to upgrade them to next grade.
    Grade 10 (x) will be the highest!! And at grade 10 it will be turned into mythic rarity.
    This grade system can be done to new armor, weapon and ring aswel.

    That way, farming will be alive, gap between rich and poor will be lessen, new player can farm hard and get to be good geared.

    Thoughts?

  9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #48
    Moderator - Inactive Arpluvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,227
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    123
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    512
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

    Default

    Hey guys,

    As this thread has started down a less constructive path, I am going to go ahead and lock it down. As for the constructive feedback in this thread, both positive and negative, we absolutely love it - please keep it coming.
    | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Feedback for Imbued Sets
    By Samaeldavisjr in forum AL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-17-2015, 07:48 AM
  2. Imbued Sets
    By Energizeric in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 05:10 AM
  3. future of mythic gun lvl 41
    By chitgoks in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 10:26 PM
  4. Mythic armor set in the future?
    By Khylan in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-21-2013, 01:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •