Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tour of Arlor Results

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Not sure why I would even read guild contest, maybe because I never expected to get a vanity? So im guessing we can keep starting events and getting un-tradebles vanities now right, but lets not tell anyone until 2 weeks into the event.......lets just not tell anyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madxnoob View Post
    Reguardless to whats said the event was completely unfair to offer a vanity without advertising this to the whole game not just a people on the forums. I dont read these forums everyday nor have time too, so I feel left out and sure im speaking for many others.
    It's no use of complaining, madxnoob. Kalizzaa had very well mentioned in the beginning, or a bit later that there was a special prize given by STS. Please, Stop blaming kalizzaa that due to the no proper advertisement of the prizes the event wasnt worth it joining. There were people - oh wait. The prizes were meant to be a SURPRISE Its not those ordinary events where STS shows the prices and u decide to run the bloody event. Kali had properly mentioned it with a text size of 3, bold, colored that there is a special prize. Couldnt you just run the event? Like seriously everyone could get their AP or had it.

If you do not have time for the game, why not just make some friends, chat, have some fun? Events are events, Kalizzaa did not force you nor did any one of us did to play the event. A surprise is a surprise. I did not participate due to college, But i participated in Week-3. because i had time. If i were you, I would rather get my hands on real life, than be super disappointed by one event.

This event was well advertised, and it was always on top of the contest list whenever i was on, And i am always online here at the forums. I know what threads are hot and what arent. If you did not participate, can you wait for the next event which will be hosted by Kalizzaa? I'm sure kali will host another grand event. Even i am patiently waiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Obviously it wasn't put out the public very well for many to participate, thats why I didnt hear about it until it was over..so ill keep repeating myself if need too. Fact still stands, it wasnt advertised well and i done missed the first event like that and a awsume vanity, so it doesnt matter to me if they ever do another i done missed that 1 BUT, if sts decides to lets some exclusive items be released i think everyone should be welcome to them in the future. Tuning out the actual game and expecting others to catch on this is crazy and complety stupid. Ive never ever been dissapointed with this game until now! Will not spend another dollar on this game.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Surprising how people wanted to run just for the vanity, not for the sheer thrill of running elites. Contrary to what you believe the event was well advertised actually. Most guilds came to know of it before it started and it was always present in the spacetime games thread along with the contest section of arcane legends forum.
    Sts made the correct decision by not announcing the vanity earlier. And btw, they said it would be a surprise. Wouldn't be a surprise if it was announced beforehand would it?
    I ll not advice, just tell you that try to keep up with forum activities. Doesn't take more then 2-3min. And run the events not for the prize but for what makes an event enjoyable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Actually that STS was going to contribute a secret prize was announced in both threads BEFORE the contest began. Yes, the specific prize was not mentioned, but it was definitely posted that there was going to be something behind Curtain Number 4.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Kalizza thank you so much for organizing competitions and have use of your time is to have created competition and thank you for vanities sts!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    197 Posts

Im very dissapointed with this Event, was not properly advertised so many didnt even get a chance to hear about this event, like myself. Conspiracy I say, bet half the winners were the same people switching characters. Not happy at all...i got left out of event, and i dont skip events! -_- this almost makes me want to quit game, sounds dumb but, what if i get skipped another event? I really dont care what happens to this game @this point.
    How dare you even to suggest that all the winners are the same players??
    I have sacrificed my RL time on both running and uploading data on this event! Kali had a build an actual site for players to check on their scores during the event. "The vanity" was the small gesture from STS for pure PVE comunity.
    If from all 6 threads and thousands of screen shots from players you see only the vanity, then i'm happy you didn't hear about it!
    #greedypeople

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Starkinea For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Definitly not greedy but I do like to have everything in the game just like everyone else. Should not have to read forums to find out about this rare oppurtunity. And yes i said alts, im sure the rich just got richer. Im veteran player, probably 1 of the oldest players that still exist. You really think I would skip an event? Answer is:No. I dont care to log on forums and see what guilds are doing events. If this information could of been told somewhere on the actual game it would of been a great deal of help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Definitly not greedy but I do like to have everything in the game just like everyone else. Should not have to read forums to find out about this rare oppurtunity. And yes i said alts, im sure the rich just got richer. Im veteran player, probably 1 of the oldest players that still exist. You really think I would skip an event? Answer is:No. I dont care to log on forums and see what guilds are doing events. If this information could of been told somewhere on the actual game it would of been a great deal of help.
    This is probably the first and only event where the mainstream players won something that the rich didn't. Don't be envious of their hard work. Most of these winners aren't maxed out and rich.

The whole design of this event was to push the mainstream legendary players. I already know that the players who have everything can complete the challenge. In fact, many already told me that they didn't care about the 35m prize pool. Many even said they didn't bother to participate because they said they could just buy whatever the STS prize was (they assumed it was tradeable).

This was a player sponsored, player hosted event. I put a planning thread up weeks in advance. I was clear that there was a gift from STS. Those that chose not to run, who don't bother to look at contest threads, or are so wealthy that they think they can just buy anything and player events like this are not worth a moment of attention should not be upset, because it WAS well communicated. It is not my fault you didn't look...

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Im not envious of anyones hardwork, would of took me 2 seconds to take alittle screenshot and bounce around, and cant convince me the rich didnt participate. ONly the rich would even know about the event and then possibly their guildmates. So basically a few guilds got involed . What about the other 3000 players' that have no clue this event exist? Why would anyone log onto forums to read another guild contest. Why couldnt this be posted at log in screen telling everyone to prepare yourselves for this? Some kind of heads up, all you bash me cause you won your vanity. I however did not, because this event was never broadcasted to the whole Arcane Legends Community.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    197 Posts

My heart just broke a little of sobs i read above
    The contest wasn't for vanity, it was for participation with special prize from sts. Please keep your drama for yourself, it's not our job to think about 3000 other players, did u expect to get a pm or something? Kali posted weeks before the event hit the road, you were just too lazy to even read.
    The prizes were given to the most motivated players, not richest... Who didn't just ran, but ran nonstop
    So no one cares about your opinion, you can write a complaint letter.

Sent from under the bed - Tapatalk still sux

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I would of Loved a pm actually, anything to tell me that there were an contest where sts was giving away a prize. Your correct it is not your job to do anything, its sts job to include the other 3000 players. Im writing my complaint letter now. If the other 3/4 the game read the forums im sure they would be complaining too. Ive talked to alot of players and they dont even know this vanity exist, n that just makes me more frustrated, so im not only speaking for myself you see. Just saying if anything that sts is given away to a small group players on the forums is complete bullcrap and of you intend to keep real paying customers (not-a-plat-farmer) then all should be included in this or your going lose business. I dont even care to keep up the game at this point...I see why so many threads of people quitting game now, ive finnaly took a direct hit from sts, lost all motivation to keep up with this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

I would of Loved a pm actually, anything to tell me that there were an contest where sts was giving away a prize. Your correct it is not your job to do anything, its sts job to include the other 3000 players. Im writing my complaint letter now. If the other 3/4 the game read the forums im sure they would be complaining too. Ive talked to alot of players and they dont even know this vanity exist, n that just makes me more frustrated, so im not only speaking for myself you see. Just saying if anything that sts is given away to a small group players on the forums is complete bullcrap and of you intend to keep real paying customers (not-a-plat-farmer) then all should be included in this or your going lose business. I dont even care to keep up the game at this point...I see why so many threads of people quitting game now, ive finnaly took a direct hit from sts, lost all motivation to keep up with this game.
    ermm i am understanding ur viewpoint u are basically speaking for the community who doesnt always read forums and i agree most of the players would be clueless
    but the point is sts is giving out a vanity and vanity doesnt affect ur stats that is ur gameplay in general what u were saying i would have agreed had sts decided
    to give out some gold,plat,pet something which makes u better but idk maybe collecting vanities seems ur hobby so my advice would be err create a different thread or just pm one of the mod asking for an explaination rather than posting ur views on a thread which seems to congratulate the spirit of pve all u will get is hatred so a different thread or pm seems a better decision in my view ty.

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

909 players in 70 guilds somehow knew about this.

Why is it that everyone is so fast to point out they are a plat player when they don't get something they want?

Do you complain about the PvP tournament banners as well then. That's probably the biggest example because brackets are limited. I did not impose any limits here. In fact with tens of thousands of screenshots entered, I find it difficult to understand how you insinuate that I did anything to keep this event a secret.

I followed all posting protocols, gave ample notification, structured a fair and fun event and did everything that I possibly could to make this fun and inclusive. And, even with all that, there are always some that complain.

If this is such a direct hit and now you want to quit, then you need to realize that this was set up BY players FOR players so we can have some fun. If you feel the need to quit over not getting a vanity, then I'm afraid you missed the spirit of what this was all about in the first place.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

They work so hard to make an event. Use their precious time to inform everyone and maintain the whole event which by the way isn't easy at all. Just so, everyone gets to have fun. Sad to see how few try to undermine their effort and think only for themselves.
    Yes, sts gave this prize. A vanity. They gave it to show their support for the event and Kalizzaa's team. Not to deprive you of it.
    I am surprised you didn't see the threads. I mean they were always active.
    Many other good players who didn't take part in the event showed their support even if they couldn't get the vanity because they knew and understood the hardwork by everyone in this event. You could do the same. And next time, keep an update about all happening events. That will assure you of getting all prizes you need from sts

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Fightbeast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Reguardless to whats said the event was completely unfair to offer a vanity without advertising this to the whole game not just a people on the forums. I dont read these forums everyday nor have time too, so I feel left out and sure im speaking for many others.
    not need everyday to check forum.. u need check this forum when update weekend event from sts.. go announcement and open multiples tab from another sections..

im the one person who not participation on this event.. but i know this event and sts give suprise.. im not interest run elite because i have complited all aps elite..

when this event week 3 and sts give special vanity.. i regret my choice..

so why u mad here? so many people here run for helping their guildies to get aps and for boost rank guild..

just give them congrats.. and you can play ur battle pvp again..

21. The Following User Says Thank You to who am i For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

And you have no friends in the game who knew about it? You have no guild? Even people without guilds have friends, and with the amount of people who DID know about this contest in advance, you did not have to read the forums to be aware of it. The guild masters of the major PvE guilds were also informed by PM in order to help spread the word to the rest of the population.

If you expect Kalizza's team or STS to be personally pming every member of the STS forums, wasting their time on inactives, people from the other games, and people who randomly signed up and never even played the game, that's ridiculous. Look at the numbers. The current forum statistics are:

Spacetime Games Statistics
    Threads 177,368
    Posts 1,868,892
    Members 101,340

What I think is that you're one of the people who knew very well that this was going on, but chose not to run it because there was nothing "exclusive" announced - just the mention of a GIFT from STS for those who completed it. Never mind that this was not even an STS event, but a player-run contest. 35 million gold and over a dozen grimm eggs not enough for you to bother with? Then don't complain when the prizes get better when they see the participation levels.

PS: The contests section is not "Guild Contests", it is ALL contests - STS and non-STS. So if you are guildless, saying there's no reason for you to be checking this section of the forum is bogus. Even if you checked the forum once a week, you would have known about it at least a week in advance.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

I think STS should remove vanities from this game. Place will become so much more drama-free.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Madxnoob,

This is a player-initiated event. Get that? Player-made. Not something STS made. Players have no access but forum, and not even in the Announcement section, to advertise even a game-wide event.

The event was announced weeks prior, in January, stating only that STS will give a surprise gift for those who complete four weeks of the event. Many people made the wrong judgment call and (financial) calculation and dismissed the event as something not worth participating in. In that light, I am glad the reward was specified later into the event (and this, again, is no fault of the organizers, because they're not the ones making decisions about what to give. It's STS decision) because then we know those who won it truly deserve it, not because they are rich, or Season 1 player, or plat spender. But because they like to run elite enough to join a contest even though they didn't know yet what the prize was going to be.

And you assume too much. Look at the money prizes given to top participants, do you think such sums can really make the rich even richer? The true rich people in this event gave to the event, they became sponsors and part of the organizer and made no profit whatsoever off it.

I'll give you numbers. I'm GM of Trinity Knights, #35 guild on leaderboard. My guildmates are, as Kalizzaa put it, mainstream. Not a single arcane ring among my guildmates who completed all four weeks of event, not a single Singe/Nekro/Whim/Maridos/SnS on them, no Planar pendants. The 21 who completed the event have between them one Cackling Bonesaw, one Arcane Maul, one Elondrian Bulwark, one Kershal. No mythic gun, no mythic bow. Only five wear mythic armor plus a single Imbued-geared mage. Most of them wear legendary gear. Most of them struggled with gold to buy pots and ankhs throughout the contest, having to sell whatever they looted immediately just so they could keep running. Of the 21 only three received some money prizes from the organizers for being in the 25 top runners list, a well-deserved reward because they worked hard for it, being warriors and running, between them, over 500 maps, a lot of them solo. And yet despite not being rich, maxed-geared, veteran players, forum frequenters, or plat whales, they made it and won the Journeyman vanity. So I resent your accusation that this is all a conspiracy of the riches.

When I read your comments here, I think it all boils down to the three words I quoted in bold here:

...I dont care to log on forums and see what guilds are doing events...
    You don't care and yet you wanted to be treated like people who put a lot into this event, either by planning, sponsoring and organizing it, or by participating in it, vanity or no vanity.
    Last edited by ilhanna; 03-08-2015 at 06:46 PM.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    And you have no friends in the game who knew about it? You have no guild? Even people without guilds have friends, and with the amount of people who DID know about this contest in advance, you did not have to read the forums to be aware of it. The guild masters of the major PvE guilds were also informed by PM in order to help spread the word to the rest of the population.

If you expect Kalizza's team or STS to be personally pming every member of the STS forums, wasting their time on inactives, people from the other games, and people who randomly signed up and never even played the game, that's ridiculous. Look at the numbers. The current forum statistics are:

Spacetime Games Statistics
    Threads 177,368
    Posts 1,868,892
    Members 101,340

What I think is that you're one of the people who knew very well that this was going on, but chose not to run it because there was nothing "exclusive" announced - just the mention of a GIFT from STS for those who completed it. Never mind that this was not even an STS event, but a player-run contest. 35 million gold and over a dozen grimm eggs not enough for you to bother with? Then don't complain when the prizes get better when they see the participation levels.

PS: The contests section is not "Guild Contests", it is ALL contests - STS and non-STS. So if you are guildless, saying there's no reason for you to be checking this section of the forum is bogus. Even if you checked the forum once a week, you would have known about it at least a week in advance.
    How could of you of guessed? Yes, i dont log on my 41 until events and i dont even know what guild my 41 is in..same with my main twink, i have about 4 friends and none of them heard of this little contest. Im a solo player like many others, and im sure if you wasnt 1 of them popular guilds then you wouldnt hear about it and #2 I dont come on these forums until im upset about something and i sure would not check the contest forum unless my game said there is one upcoming, then i may log in to see the requirements. Say what you please, it wasnt right and im done repeating myself. (FACTS still stand) It was bogus, Enjoy yourself. Guess if I dont read forums everyday then your not a real player. More forums than gameplay......ok? ..."sike" youll never convince me that what was done, was ok. In reality this is what happened, a bunch guilds threw a bunch of gold together, created an event that only those main guilds would know about, i guess sts got involved sometime in this time period. Us regular players have no clue this is even going on. If someone may of looked over or seen this contest, wouldnt you think its just another guild contest? I sure dont read them, I assume sts will set-up a slogan in-game telling every1 that this was happening. So all the rich know about if of course, an then they farm this vanity hard, it may say 900 players...bet it was only 300, so now the rich have more accounts to push and sell and this is how we run things in AL? I got nothen to hide so ill exploit everything if needed, but i know how this game works. Honestly i dont even like the vanity, but as a collector im suppose to have it and noone told the game that anything like this was even going on.. reguardless to what anyone may say, it was not right. Im off this page, enjoy your wealth.