Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mana Mages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by farizace99 View Post
    As a MAGE myself, I always heal mana and so far I see the healing skill of my mages benefit some players..It doesnt slows down the party but instead it saves some time for them spamming pots.I dont see why mana healers slows down the party cause instead it makes other players happy.If there is just one mage and 3 other different players (non mage), then just heal them up.When in pve, I used fireball, clock, gale force and heal because to me, mages are used in pve to slow and stuns mobs, and healing skill is to heal yourself and your party.And btw most mages doesnt deal much damage, aside from those mages who have 600 damage and above.If most of u guys say the healing skill of mages is useless, then ask sts to remove the healing skill.
    It slows down the party by not having another attack skill instead of heal. Pressing the potion button doesn't waste any time. Mages do the best damage to mobs of any class(600 damage is actually low for Mages now) and shouldn't waste time healing in pve. Leave that to warriors who do the least damage and are the real support class of the game.

I wish sts would remove heal and add another attacking skill instead. They won't because it's needed for pvp but I mainly stick to pve anyway so removing it wouldn't effect me. Or at least replace the 2 worthless upgrades to something that would actually make it useful. As of now it's just a wasted skill for pve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    It slows down the party by not having another attack skill instead of heal. Pressing the potion button doesn't waste any time. Mages do the best damage to mobs of any class(600 damage is actually low for Mages now) and shouldn't waste time healing in pve. Leave that to warriors who do the least damage and are the real support class of the game.

I wish sts would remove heal and add another attacking skill instead. They won't because it's needed for pvp but I mainly stick to pve anyway so removing it wouldn't effect me. Or at least replace the 2 worthless upgrades to something that would actually make it useful. As of now it's just a wasted skill for pve.
    sometimes, I wish mages can revive like engineers in SL, but that would kill the ankh market.... and especially the platinum market... an error done by STS

A perfect team for me:

Frontline Warrior for tanking, and defending his teammates
    Critical damage and sniper Rogues in the second line
    Mage for general damage (DPS), group heal, buff and debuff
    Add a fourth player for more epicness

A perfect team, for me, is a team made of independant players. They help eachother, but don't completely need eachother. A rogue won't need the mage for mana, he uses potions. A warrior doesn't need the mage for heal, he uses potions. A mage doesn't need the warrior tanking, he uses potions. It's a bit complicated. The idea, is to have a team made of players that can go independant when the team is lacking. If the service is there, take it; or get it by yourself. But we're not discussing the perfect team. Just take the idea above.

There is no mana mage, there is no group shield warrior, there is no dps rogue... but there is a team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Here are my mana mages:

Name:  IMG_20150308_220440.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  64.1 KB

Name:  IMG_20150308_220357.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  66.8 KB

Name:  IMG_20150308_220324.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  86.4 KB

You can guess my opinion on the matter

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Here are my mana mages:

Lol grimmy those had me laughing. Can't stop actually.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Here are my mana mages:

Hilarious! I love it :-)
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

You asked if you should heal in event map. The answer is no. If the PUG wants a faster kill, relying on you for mana isn't going to help, especially since it's an easy boss that doesn't hit hard and dies easily. You would do better to use either fireball, timeshift, lightning, ice, or fireball, timeshift, lightning, and gale to move faster across map, or to flit across the pink pool. That's a more efficient way to make sure that your pots go a long way, because you will be able to farm more often on the same amount of pots. Also, lifegiver has 15 seconds cooldown, so your PUG will have to use pots anyway between heals. Let them do that.

It's true that if you're too cash-strapped to buy mana pots for farming, some crutches in lieu of mana heal--for example using Haunted ring and mana refilling pets like Konga, Jack or Nexus--can help, but at a cost to your damage, so unless you're soloing super easy maps like Brackenridge, IMO even these aren't efficient.

But in the bigger picture, lifegiver has no place in pve, at any level. Healing takes aggro, making mobs and boss turn their attention to the squishy healing mages. Say you're level 20 and in a party with a warrior. You heal the warrior thinking if he survives, you will too. But say the warrior hasn't upgraded his juggernaut or HoR to make these skills be able to taunt. Or he uses taunting windmill and HoR but they're on cooldown, leaving only, say, vengeful blood and skyward smash, which don't taunt at all. Then when he loses control of the mobs who leave him to chase you, he will have trouble regaining their attention, which means your mage is in danger of being mobbed just when his lifegiver is cooling down. You can argue that there is shield for just this kind of situation, but to use both shield and lifegiver means you only have two slots for damage skills and that's hardly enough for good crowd control, which is a mage's chief responsibility (not playing nurse to stingy, lazy warrior and rogue who go to map without mana pots). In anycase, stunning with fireball and rooting and freezing some mobs (especially if they stun and instakill) will give the warrior a chance to take a break to tap pots. Win win.

Or say you are in party with a rogue. You heal his mana thinking it'll help him spam those mana-draining skills like aimed shot and shadow piercer. But if you really want to help the rogue, the best thing to do isn't refilling his mana. You would do better to stun the mobs with your fireball and root them with your timeshift and immobilize fast moving, dangerous enemy (like Kraken crabs, Nordr wolves) with your frost bolt. This way it's safer for the rogue to snipe at the mobs or applying poison to groups of them with noxious bolt.

At cap level it becomes more illogical to heal mana as the mobs are tougher to control and deadlier. A mage will need his full arsenal of crowd control skills in Shuyal and Tindirin. On elite maps, a warrior friend said it's a already a challenge keeping mobs taunted in big pulls runs with high dmg rogue. Having a mage healing and stealing aggro could be devastating because then the warrior has to regain aggro, and ironically, the quickest, surest way to do this is by healing.

So by not healing in pve you are not depriving warriors and rogues of anything, you're actually doing your job to make sure the run goes fast and safe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by farizace99 View Post
    ...And btw most mages doesnt deal much damage, aside from those mages who have 600 damage and above.If most of u guys say the healing skill of mages is useless, then ask sts to remove the healing skill.
    1. Remember that a mage's dmg is applied to multiple number of mobs.

2. See to build, gear and pet choice and mages can be a deadly dmg dealer too, not just a supporting cast who dies a lot.

3. Heal is still essential in pvp, so asking it be removed is ridiculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Lol. Just run elite tindirin, shuyal, if you are talking about pve normal, I use heal on normal maps. But in elite tindirin / shuyal, just try it and feel yourself slow the party down.

So, i think who doesnt think life giver is party slower down, maybe they are just not playing elite maps too long.

sent by a nab using tapasucks
    R E T I R E D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I have weak thumbs and spamming mana and heal pots would damage my delicate fingers so yes I have heal and shield. If someone just so happens to be in the radius of my heal good on them. If not idc. Do I slow runs down? How should I know, I mean I do good damage and no one complains. Those cute little rogue girls pick up my slack I guess.

#Savethethumbs