Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Wings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Golden Wings

Just wanted to share my experience with the Lovecraft event. I ran the event mostly with my level 10 twink sorcerer. I ran the boss many hundreds of times and looted a ton of chests and a ton of letters. I was able to craft enough tokens to purchase one of every sorcerer vanity item and multiples of a few of them.

I opened a ton of the chests, and managed to loot multiples of every single item except I did not get one single Golden Wings for sorcerer

This is the one item I wanted more than all others, and it's a shame that I cannot even trade for one or purchase one from another player. Meanwhile I have 6 or 7 wings for warrior and rogue which are of no use to me because I don't play those classes.

I can understand the logic of making leaderboard vanities non-tradable since that way only those who worked hard for them will have them. However, the last few events have kept the leaderboard vanities tradable, so that logic seems to have been overlooked.

In any case, there is absolutely no reason why vanities which are looted from chests should not be tradable, especially if you are going to make it so that a sorcerer can loot warrior and rogue vanities from those chests. I cannot think another example in my 2+ years of playing Arcane Legends (since the beginning) where a class specific item that was looted from a boss was not tradable.

Anyway, I hope STS will reconsider this in a future update. It would be nice to get my sorcerer golden wings, and I'm sure there are warriors and rogues out there who would love to purchase my warrior and rogue wing vanities. I farmed like crazy this weekend to loot these items and 75% of the ones I looted are absolutely useless to me.

And a couple other (much smaller) complaints:

1) If you are going to make it so that I can loot dragkin teeth with my level 10, then you must allow a way for me to cash them in at the dragkin teeth vendor.

2) What good is looting 1 story token? This happened to me a couple of times after killing the event boss. What can I do with 2 story tokens?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Ik ihow you feel bud, I didn't get any sorcerer golden wings either but I'm not complaining , I enjoyed the event haha

Click Here To Get To My Sig-Shop!
    AL: Answering, Whiiterain, etc.
    GM of Stinker (Level 3/4/5)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I get a lot of Sorc Golden Wing on my rogue... But still great event for player, not for merchant
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Just wanted to share my experience with the Lovecraft event. I ran the event mostly with my level 10 twink sorcerer. I ran the boss many hundreds of times and looted a ton of chests and a ton of letters. I was able to craft enough tokens to purchase one of every sorcerer vanity item and multiples of a few of them.

I opened a ton of the chests, and managed to loot multiples of every single item except I did not get one single Golden Wings for sorcerer

This is the one item I wanted more than all others, and it's a shame that I cannot even trade for one or purchase one from another player. Meanwhile I have 6 or 7 wings for warrior and rogue which are of no use to me because I don't play those classes.

I can understand the logic of making leaderboard vanities non-tradable since that way only those who worked hard for them will have them. However, the last few events have kept the leaderboard vanities tradable, so that logic seems to have been overlooked.

In any case, there is absolutely no reason why vanities which are looted from chests should not be tradable, especially if you are going to make it so that a sorcerer can loot warrior and rogue vanities from those chests. I cannot think another example in my 2+ years of playing Arcane Legends (since the beginning) where a class specific item that was looted from a boss was not tradable.

Anyway, I hope STS will reconsider this in a future update. It would be nice to get my sorcerer golden wings, and I'm sure there are warriors and rogues out there who would love to purchase my warrior and rogue wing vanities. I farmed like crazy this weekend to loot these items and 75% of the ones I looted are absolutely useless to me.

1) If you are going to make it so that I can loot dragkin teeth with my level 10, then you must allow a way for me to cash them in at the dragkin teeth vendor.

2) What good is looting 1 story token? This happened to me a couple of times after killing the event boss. What can I do with 2 story tokens?
    Your calm nature is shocking... I gotta start writing down notes haha.

But anyways! Yes! you're totally right. Although this event was super disapointing for many of us, Its time to improve for next time

R.I.P - Golden Wing Vanity "You'll get it eventually"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overweightank View Post
    Although this event was super disapointing for many of us, Its time to improve for next time
    They don't have to wait for next time. They can make those vanities tradable right now. It would not be the first time a vanity that had been untradable was changed to be tradable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

There is a trick to it lol
    dont open the chest on the same class that you are playing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

I informed ArpluviL bout the story tokens, and she said she left a note to devs

because we all know that if you have 99 story tokens, we all know that you need 10 more tokens to buy an inventory chest (sarcasm)

For the golden wings, idk if you tried opening the chests on another class character, in order to transfer the golden wings throught stash. It worked for me.

For the Dragkin teeth, I think the game is meant to be played until cap level, then the few dragkin teeth you got are meant to be used when you reach lvl34 Too bad you're a little smurfy twinkly twink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    936 Posts

I lost all my gold for those wings but all I could loot was hugthulhu. I kinda feel like giving up on AL. I feel too far behind.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

I almost rage quit, when i still have no cupid for the 3rd day
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I opened like 35k worth of chests.. And got em all. Can people stop fkkinn whining for once ffs u zzz u lose stop crying. Its annoying

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xpolosion View Post
    I opened like 35k worth of chests.. And got em all. Can people stop fkkinn whining for once ffs u zzz u lose stop crying. Its annoying
    Well congrats to you sir, not everyone can be as lucky as you are. People are just saying that those wings could be tradeable... what's wrong with that? YOU opened this thread. So YOU shouldnt complain.

sent from my nokia 3310 using tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xpolosion View Post
    well i have opened chests for 100k and still didnt get for ROGUE, 3 for mage and 1 warrior tho many hats and letters as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Well, the logic according to Carapace was,

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    We hear your pleas on this, however given the nature of the free event and being able to farm to your hearts content the boss and potential openings of the boxes at this time we feel that it is an appropriate way to have exclusive/earned vanities for this event! Keep farming and I'm sure you'll get the wings that you are after

Thanks for the feedback, we're always listening and keeping these ideas in mind for future events.
    But that doesn't mean you can't get your wings, you can still try and get them from Lovecraft chests.

And I might be one of the few people who was actually ok with the sets not being trade-able, it gave me something to viciously hunt for knowing that it would be exclusive and fairly rare. Also the fact that the chests were trade-able kept me farming if only to grab a few extra to sell for the people like you who weren't able to able to get the set they wanted. As a farmer through and through, it was a win-win, imo.

I have to agree with you on those last two points, though. I saw no sense in dropping story tokens in single increments, and I think there should be a shared satchel in our stash for those random teeth and story tokens.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

I have 3x wings for warr, 3x for mage and 0 for rogue... I hope sts does something about it

For God's SAKE! lvl 15 armor and helm (rare) for tank
    The guy who scored 4m 20s 420ms in Elite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

open on another character!!!
    i got mine after 3 lovecraft chests!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I complained daily showing how unfair and silly it was to have a COMMUNITY event and the reward was a CHANCE at the reward ill never participate in something like that again im going to do like the leeches did not contribute then stand around at the boss and win free loot
    *edit if events over get rid of plat purchase valentine vanities but no make make that money sts
    Last edited by darthdlo; 03-10-2015 at 11:39 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Wow... Surprised to hear a complaint like this from energizeric..... Out of all people u know how the system works.... Not all loot is guaranteed..... Get over it or risk ur gold on love chests...

U sounding like a noob right about now.

Overweightank

They don't have to wait for next time. They can make those vanities tradable right now. It would not be the first time a vanity that had been untradable was changed to be tradable.
    If they can make it tradeable now. They should do it. That was the worst prize of losing 10m from economy into something that most of us hated. People who thought it was fun and was an amazing event have lower expectations due to the new game settings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

I get 3 golden cupid wings for mage and 5 for warrior, happy? Im a rogue -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by codered View Post
    I get 3 golden cupid wings for mage and 5 for warrior, happy? Im a rogue -.-
    Hey,is the cupid saleable?,ill buy it from you,PM in Game Megavordred in Thursday 12:30
    BACK FROM A HIATUS