Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golden Wings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I almost died laughing at the story tokens part. I could feel the sarcasm steaming through my computer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MegaVordred View Post
    Hey,is the cupid saleable?,ill buy it from you,PM in Game Megavordred in Thursday 12:30
    Ill be happy to give u 1 for free if they are....Tradeable :3

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by rokksteady View Post
    Wow... Surprised to hear a complaint like this from energizeric..... Out of all people u know how the system works.... Not all loot is guaranteed..... Get over it or risk ur gold on love chests...

U sounding like a noob right about now.
    Lmao... Have you ran event? The drop rates were either bugged, or 50% of game population was beyond bad luck. I opened over 200 crates and I got 1 wing, but no red vanity. Atm i got like 15+ for each other class OTHER than mine. I stopped crying or giving 9 damns about the event. it was very poorly done, anyone who says the event was easy and that everyone else crying. Notice A CRAP TON OF PEOPLE are concerned that we got rewarded with whatever the hell this "event" was supposed to be. Fyrce's comment on the wanting to quit about falling behind due to these vanities being impossible to get, EVEN THOUGH IT WAS SUPPOSED BE A REWARD, really made me sad. Therefore I will never contribute in these types of events again. I lost most hope.

STS, stop trying to make 'fun' stuff anymore. Do your job and add growth into the game. That event was just disgusting T-T

Anyone who says they loved it, those are the people who luckily looted the vanity in first few crates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Actually I didn't say that. It was Prynce and yeah, it did make me sad. Hopefully, he recovers. *pat*pat*

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello

Sent from my SHV-E110S using Tapatalk 2

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overweightank View Post
    Lmao... Have you ran event? The drop rates were either bugged, or 50% of game population was beyond bad luck. I opened over 200 crates and I got 1 wing, but no red vanity. Atm i got like 15+ for each other class OTHER than mine. I stopped crying or giving 9 damns about the event. it was very poorly done, anyone who says the event was easy and that everyone else crying. Notice A CRAP TON OF PEOPLE are concerned that we got rewarded with whatever the hell this "event" was supposed to be. Fyrce's comment on the wanting to quit about falling behind due to these vanities being impossible to get, EVEN THOUGH IT WAS SUPPOSED BE A REWARD, really made me sad. Therefore I will never contribute in these types of events again. I lost most hope.

STS, stop trying to make 'fun' stuff anymore. Do your job and add growth into the game. That event was just disgusting T-T

Anyone who says they loved it, those are the people who luckily looted the vanity in first few crates.
    did i run the event? yes i did. did i get my golden wings? yes i did. did it take long? sure. it was actually the last vanity i looted after looting some hugthulu wings for all the other classes. but heres the thing....exactly what makes you think you are entitled to the vanity? just because you opened 200 crates?! its players like you who make this game soo miserable with all the crying. players like you who think they should recieve everything just because you ran the event often. if that was the case they should of just given the damn vanity to everyone. the hell would be the use of that? yea sure its a reward, and if you want that reward you keep running it until you get it. if you dont get it, you dont get it. bad luck, thats exactly what it is. but dont ruin everyone elses experience with your crap. as i said NOT EVERYTHING IS GUARANTEED IN THE GAME, that was the whole goddamn point. just like locked crates, NOT EVERYTHING IS GUARANTEED.

you say its poorly done just because you didnt get the vanity? you say the drop rate was bugged?! you're such a joke, i honestly dont get players like you. think you deserve EVERYTHING.

as for you complaining about sts. listen. maybe this event wasn't just a FARMING OPPORTUNITY but instead to actually get people to PLAY TOGETHER and get some cool stuff.
    a) vanities non tradeable: great opportunity for players to pick up some decent looking loot, FOR FREE, but still COLLECTIBLE, without putting focus on gold. shows you were actually playing during this 2015 event. if you weren't playing, then you miss out, simple.
    b) L-O-V-E candies: great way to exchange for items, the more you play, the more you accumulate, the more stuff you can get. YOUR FATE IS IN YOUR OWN HANDS. you don't play, you dont get loot, simple. and there was more than one way to get these letters, a few ways actually. do i even have to list them??
    c) love elixir potions: as you use these potions, not only do you add to the COMMUNITY GOAL, (key word here is COMMUNITY <----), but when you use them you give 2 others around you candy letters, helping others reach their goal to also get some loot from the token vendor.

so i really dont understand your problem. STS did a pretty damn good job getting everyone to play as a community RATHER THAN JUST MAKING IT ABOUT YOURSELF.
    this is the first event in a while i can remember where people actually played together, and STS did it in a clever way. so as for you saying you will never contribute in thse types of events, that exactly shows what you are about. this game isnt about you. its about the community playing together, helping each other out, and picking up some cool swag on the way. do us all a favor and go and play another game. the community would probably be a happier place.

as for you saying "Anyone who says they loved it, those are the people who luckily looted the vanity in first few crates", just remember little dude that there were people who actually did play until they got there golden wings, not just within the first few crates. you saying that just shows your character.

i honestly dont understand where your sense of entitlement comes from. its just ridiculous.

(as for me replying to energizeric, im just surprised he would complain knowing that hes been playing this game for a while. as for you, never even seen you before, but really doesnt matter because everything you said in your post is complete garbage)

do yourself a favor and just quit the complaining or stop playing...

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rokksteady For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by sevenpain View Post
    There is a trick to it lol
    dont open the chest on the same class that you are playing
    I don't think there is a trick to getting what you wanted its just plain luck I would say. I opened 3 chests on my warrior and got a warrior cupid wing. Same with my rouge but it took me 23 chests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

If they were going to make these items non-tradable, then they should make it so that each player only loots stuff for their own class. I'd rather have a junk item that I can liquidate for 10 gold than have a warrior or rogue vanity item that is useless to me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rokksteady View Post
    did i run the event? yes i did. did i get my golden wings? yes i did. did it take long? sure. it was actually the last vanity i looted after looting some hugthulu wings for all the other classes. but heres the thing....exactly what makes you think you are entitled to the vanity? just because you opened 200 crates?! its players like you who make this game soo miserable with all the crying. players like you who think they should recieve everything just because you ran the event often. if that was the case they should of just given the damn vanity to everyone. the hell would be the use of that? yea sure its a reward, and if you want that reward you keep running it until you get it. if you dont get it, you dont get it. bad luck, thats exactly what it is. but dont ruin everyone elses experience with your crap. as i said NOT EVERYTHING IS GUARANTEED IN THE GAME, that was the whole goddamn point. just like locked crates, NOT EVERYTHING IS GUARANTEED.

you say its poorly done just because you didnt get the vanity? you say the drop rate was bugged?! you're such a joke, i honestly dont get players like you. think you deserve EVERYTHING.

as for you complaining about sts. listen. maybe this event wasn't just a FARMING OPPORTUNITY but instead to actually get people to PLAY TOGETHER and get some cool stuff.
    a) vanities non tradeable: great opportunity for players to pick up some decent looking loot, FOR FREE, but still COLLECTIBLE, without putting focus on gold. shows you were actually playing during this 2015 event. if you weren't playing, then you miss out, simple.
    b) L-O-V-E candies: great way to exchange for items, the more you play, the more you accumulate, the more stuff you can get. YOUR FATE IS IN YOUR OWN HANDS. you don't play, you dont get loot, simple. and there was more than one way to get these letters, a few ways actually. do i even have to list them??
    c) love elixir potions: as you use these potions, not only do you add to the COMMUNITY GOAL, (key word here is COMMUNITY <----), but when you use them you give 2 others around you candy letters, helping others reach their goal to also get some loot from the token vendor.

so i really dont understand your problem. STS did a pretty damn good job getting everyone to play as a community RATHER THAN JUST MAKING IT ABOUT YOURSELF.
    this is the first event in a while i can remember where people actually played together, and STS did it in a clever way. so as for you saying you will never contribute in thse types of events, that exactly shows what you are about. this game isnt about you. its about the community playing together, helping each other out, and picking up some cool swag on the way. do us all a favor and go and play another game. the community would probably be a happier place.

as for you saying "Anyone who says they loved it, those are the people who luckily looted the vanity in first few crates", just remember little dude that there were people who actually did play until they got there golden wings, not just within the first few crates. you saying that just shows your character.

i honestly dont understand where your sense of entitlement comes from. its just ridiculous.

(as for me replying to energizeric, im just surprised he would complain knowing that hes been playing this game for a while. as for you, never even seen you before, but really doesnt matter because everything you said in your post is complete garbage)

do yourself a favor and just quit the complaining or stop playing...
    People are complaining the non-tradeable vanity that might be very useful for other classes bud, here i got 5 golden for war and 2 for mage that i would really happy to give it for free as i cant wear it in my toon, liquidate for 0 is just a waste. Someone out there wanna hv mine, im pretty sure...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

If this is implemented it is also unfair to people who looted the golden wings in the first place, who also open hundreds of love chest. We should also think both sides and not just one sided of the story.

People also be dissapointed (the one who already have gold wings) that it will be tradable. Because they also used gold to buy chest, and farm numerous times in the event. But its up to sts. Just saying.

You can stash the vanity and create a twink to a same account so you can still manage to use is.
    And seven is right the trick is dont open your looted chest , open it with a diff charecter of your design to obtain the vanity..

Just a friendly constructive comment here. But again its up to sts. Good tread.

The Commandos Elite Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I looted the 3 cupid classes on my rogue +-20 chests. (I opened lovecraft chests the first day)

I know 4 friends who didn't loot the class vanity they want. but they looted like 10+ other cupids that are useless for them. And they opened WAY more chests 150+
    After i heard they opened more then 150+ chests, i gave my farmed chests for free to them. I farmed over 500 chests and gave 300+ chests away to 4 people. ONLY 1 player from the 4 players looted his cupid class vanity.

I tryd my best to help my friends and it didn't worked out for 3 of them. unfair
    Lvl 17 Piranhia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
    The event ended, they won't change anything. They decided to make it untradeable, We must all deal with it. Many people opened over 100 Lovecraft Chests and didn't loot the Golden Cupid Wings of their respective class. We suggested opening the chests in a different character, we can't help you more then this. Cmon guys, go over it. Focus on next event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I also wanted the vanity tradeable and made the first thread about it. After Cara answered I just accepted the answer and farmed and opened chests until I got what I wanted. I still have a ton of other class vanities that I can not use and don't really have the heart to liquidate them.

I do not think that Cara should go back on his first answer. That's one of 2014's biggest issues, the Devs saying one thing then changing it to another and another. These vanities should remain as is and we should be giving feedback to the devs about future items like these chests/vanities and options on how to handle them.

Mine are:

1. You can only loot your own class.
    2. Add a liquidation price to vanities say 5k
    3. Make chests non-tradeabe, while the items in the chests are tradeable.

I'd prefer to have option 3.

I do think the way it was done this time around was a big flop that left many players disappointed/frustrated. So hopefully, STS has taken the feedback and will adjust for the next event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

I thought id add my 2 cents. I got mage and rogue wings fast (on a mage). since I collect one vanity for each class..OMG I spent so much money, time and effort for my warrior wings. It would make any players head spin, and I only got 1 warrior wings. I would have loved to get more..but yes I do believe the drops are screwy. I never had something free and obtainable to be locked to the account. I get not flooding the market as usually something like this would do. But having the drop rates be astonishingly bad and no one could trade made things worse. I have so many demon wings I could make my own army. (can't even liquidate..it was 0 gold)

If the things desirable in the game cant be sold or traded....then add them to the token vendor so we could really EARN the vanity. By the end of the event I was angry and upset on how much time and effort I gave only to have 1 set of red wings for my warrior. I have posted on the chat before the weekend to Remi (hoping for some change), and somehow there was a loss in translation because NO DEV besides carapace posted the intentions of sts.

I hear all the complaints and all the people who did get their wings...So what is the middle ground?!?!
    make everything earn-able (meaning event wise)..some goal for people to shoot for just like the energy events. ATM its based on luck and how much gold/plat/time you have.
    Last edited by octavos; 03-11-2015 at 10:55 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

17. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xbadulaserosx View Post
    If this is implemented it is also unfair to people who looted the golden wings in the first place, who also open hundreds of love chest. We should also think both sides and not just one sided of the story.

People also be dissapointed (the one who already have gold wings) that it will be tradable. Because they also used gold to buy chest, and farm numerous times in the event. But its up to sts. Just saying.
    I doubt anyone will be upset if it becomes tradable as they will then have value on the market and anyone who looted one will have the option to sell it. Given the odds were so low to loot these, I suspect they will have decent value.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Y no1 understands that it was a reward for acheving 100k and the reward for most was NOTHING and there were plenty ppl who didny participate who got the reward y reward the effort with items u cannot use or trade what is so wrong with complaining about that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

I opened +50 chests on my rogue and I got 8 golden cupid wings for warrior and 10 for mage.
    The day before the event ended I opened 10 chests on my endgame warrior (both players are on same account) and boom I got 3 golden cupid wings for rogue. I stashed them ofc so now I have golden cupid wing vanities for each class . Long story short I think you had a better chance to loot the vanity for other classes than yours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Honestly anyone who thought the gold Cupid wing vanity was hard to get should have tried to get breezaga from tarlok crates a couple years ago. You got one crate per day per character and chances of looting were about the same. Plus crates weren't stashable or sellable.

At least you had unlimited crates to open per day and they were tradeable during this event. It wasn't as bad as breezaga was at all.

Twinks also help a lot with portal bosses. Took about 20-30 seconds per boss with mine.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Wutzgood For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darthdlo View Post
    Y no1 understands that it was a reward for acheving 100k and the reward for most was NOTHING and there were plenty ppl who didny participate who got the reward y reward the effort with items u cannot use or trade what is so wrong with complaining about that.
    I disagree. It may have been a reward for reaching 100k, but it was not the only reward for reaching 100k. Sure, it was the most wanted of the vanity rewards. However, saying that for many the reward was nothing is kind of inconsiderate. Despite not getting the cupid vanity, the wings and helms should not be discounted. They still managed to put together an event that you at least got something for if you put in a little effort. Yes, it is unfortunate that many of the items cannot be used or traded. However, they did not restrict the chests to class only so it was kind of expected. I feel like I'd be more upset by my luck than the devs. Yes, perhaps they could have gone about it differently. However, it does not seem right to say that you did not get anything from the event when there were many other rewards to be had. You may not have received what you wanted, but you still received something.