Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gap between Top Players and everyone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Default Gap between Top Players and everyone else.

As some of you may have already realized, there is a huge gap between the Top Players and everyone else. Meaning that it would take years for a new player to catch up to an active leaderboarder (except for timed runs). Gear, Account Age, and Availability are the key factors that widen this gap. Here's how.

The difference in stats between a Top Player and an Average Player (both capped at 41) is inappropriately astronomical. Comparing my decently geared rogue (~3m gold for the best legendaries plus mythic armor, which is affordable to 25-50% of players) to a max-geared rogue (~150m gold for best myths and arcanes, affordable to 1% of players), their health is roughly 150% higher than mine, damage is roughly 160-180% higher than mine, armor is roughly 200% higher than mine. I understand they deserve better stats, but not that much better. It jumps from a cost of 3m to 100+m. A major factor is the constant release of upper-class items (mythic weapons, upper-geared-farmable gear*, arcane pets). We've had 3 sets of Lv41 mythic weapons released, like 4 or 5 arcane pets released, 1 arcane ring released since expansion. How many sets of legendary weapons, mythic pets, mythic rings, and decent legendary amulets have been released? It seems as though the upper class is constantly upgraded and the lower and middle class is left neglected. I'm using the same gear I started the expansion with and it's still the best gear in my middle class. A great fix would be to add things for all three economic classes every once in a while.

Now for the leaderboard. Does it seem fair that older players deserve to be on the leaderboard more than the younger players, regardless of who works harder? The top players have racked up astronomical kill-counts, score-counts, etc. over the past 2 1/2 years of AL and are still growing, as opposed to the newer players unable to catch up and feeling discouraged. A great fix would be seasonal leaderboards. I haven't even checked the leaderboard in like 6months, and I know Setara or Cusigma is still in the top 3 at least in PvE kills. It should be an everyday dynamic mystery.
    Last edited by Zylx; 03-10-2015 at 11:22 PM.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

2. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

What if each season, the points are calculated like: (Points earned this season) - (points earned last season)

the points are as in: kills/flag/ap/scores etc.
    Last edited by Schnitzel; 03-11-2015 at 12:09 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Agreed, and probably 70% that 1% of max geared players regularly play pvp. So once a ringer joins a game full of pink geared ppl, its usually gg specially if its a rogue. On level 36 cap, just get myth armor and ure pretty much competitive against the maxed geared.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

There's a problem with timed runs too. Gear dominates timed run way harder than in PvP because of the simply fact that you can get kills I know PvP, but you can never run faster than someone with over 300 damage than you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Prob is lack of mid class gear. For example best guns for mages are mythics, which prices are like 8m or more, and 2nd best is expedition rifles (brut version), like 20-100k with huge stat differences, if there were more guns with just maybe 20-30 dmg lower than best, with a rarity that will create a price range abt 200k-1m (tactics type are cheap, assault or brut version expensive), it will help mid class players by a lot and wont make them beat those with best guns. It will just help the mid class ones in pve to farm hard elites to buy better ones. To create the desired price range, dont put it on locks bcuz if they do so, then lock poppers will flood the market with them and reducing the prices (like expedition guns), also reducing the price of best guns. Put it on elites and monitor the market, if the number is enough then reduce the drop rate. This is just a theory tho lol im nab

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk
    IGN: Vrao/Bjzg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

We dont call them "Top players" because they are like every other player. We call them "Top Players" because they have put an extra effort in playing. Like all other games everyone must understand that as the game progresses by time and figures escalate its a natural cycle that those who played early have more chance of being on that list.

As for item desparity, use cash for early max items or grind elite/merch for slow max items but you'll get em eventually.

As for LB, some players have been playing for 2 years, maybe you just need to play for 2 years.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to epicrrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    We dont call them "Top players" because they are like every other player. We call them "Top Players" because they have put an extra effort in playing. Like all other games everyone must understand that as the game progresses by time and figures escalate its a natural cycle that those who played early have more chance of being on that list.

As for item desparity, use cash for early max items or grind elite/merch for slow max items but you'll get em eventually.

As for LB, some players have been playing for 2 years, maybe you just need to play for 2 years.
    How can we even catch up with them as you said they play 2 years we also play two years but when we get to 2 years they're already 4 years. It's impossible like this to someone catch up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post

I understand Top Players deserve to have higher stats because of their hard work and time, but I'm pointing out the excessive gap between the middle and upper class. There have been things released to expand the upper class's arsenal over the past year, but hardly anything to expand the middle class's. It seems as though the middle class hasn't received anything noteworthy since the last expansion that was released a year ago, while the upper class is constantly upgrading.

I hope this upcoming expansion will help shorten this gap by bringing forth totally new sets of gear for everyone. But I want STS to supply everyone equally and look at it as 3 groups of financially diverse players as opposed to one group of extremely rich players. That could mean supplying a new set of useful elite legendaries every 2-3 months and rotating crate legendaries.

It's not right that the gear for the lower-middle class steadily raises from 1k-3m then skips to 30m+ for the upper class with this enormously huge stat difference between the middle and upper class. As I said before, its like the upper class has grown into a 50ft tree while everyone else is still an acorn.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

We definitely need some middle class gear.
    When there's a high end gear released, a middle class gear with a bit lower stats should be released aswel.

There should also be two types of Lb. Seasonal and legend Lb (where the all time records are counted).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Not a negative post but constructive criticism based on lack of decent loot.

There should be more middle class gear. It should be put as loot in Elite maps from shuyal onwards. The pink loot that comes from shuyal onwards is tragic!

For example, loot from Planar Arena when released was Noble shades and Architect!!!!!!! How cruel is that! Totally worthless pinks in new content. Whoever decided that would be the reward for doing planar arena just didn't give a damn! The arena loot has improved, only because we ranted and boycotted but they should throw in para gems and Enchanted eyes in those elite chests. It will turn Arena from farming hell to farming heaven since it's inception.

I don't rate any new pink weapon especially that planar club and the can opener. Many want to progress their toon but do not have the millions to do it, but are sadly curtailed with lame legendary loot.

Regarding kills LB, it's fake as heck. Macro kings rule it, and those that exploited bugs that gave huge amount of kills.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 03-11-2015 at 03:38 AM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

A couple of comments:

1) In one of Spacetime's other games "Battle Command", there are both lifetime leaderboards and seasonal leaderboards. So I agree they should add seasonal leaderboards as well. They could give out the same banner for each category.

2) They add new legendary gear all the time. They have added new armors, helms, rings and amulets along with each event, plus they added new and better weapons with the planar tombs.

3) If you are a somewhat new player, then you may be of the false assumption that the mythic armor, helm, ring and amulets are items that were supposed to be for middle class players, but you would be wrong. These were the elite items that the top players used in season 4 when the level cap was 31. They are just leftover now and since they have continued to drop from locked crates and elite golden chests, they are rather common and the price has come way down. When those items were new during season 4, they cost 5-10m each. As a middle class player, you will be happy with all these level 41 mythic weapons come next season when they will sell for much lower prices and will be the preferred middle class weapons just as the old mythic helms and armors are the preferred middle class armors and helms now.

4) Players who you consider the "top players" have been playing for 2+ years and have worked very hard over that time to accumulate the wealth and gear that they have. If they were to stop adding new and better gear, then those players would fast become bored as there would be little left for them to do or achieve. There always needs to be new and better things coming along or players get bored and the game dies.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Seasonal LBs would be fine but there are some flaws I see with it. Endgame PVP hardly exists vs Twink PVP kills lbs. Especially for warriors. With so many people in endgame pvp mostly free flagging desperate for AP, theres little to no chance to compete with a twink in regards to kills lb. Most, if not all, endgame pvp warriors on ctf kills lb are because they played ctf with fighting in the past and struggle to keep up with the twinks and dummy farmers right now. Most endgame warriors don't get many kills nowadays. If there is a seasonal vs overall lb there has to be a twink vs endgame lb too. Either that or, I'd hate to suggest this, but make seasonal lb endgame only.

They messed up with the gap when a mythic pendant was introduced instead of a mythic ring (41). That widened the gap between rich and poor/average.
    Last edited by Ravager; 03-11-2015 at 04:50 AM.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

You cannot blame the developers nor players because the equipment id 100m above its up to you if u have the money or not and about the points they deserve to have larger points because they have already played for years it would be unfair for them if you only catch their record in 3 months.
    And about the pvp why not make lvl 30 below twink if u cant affor best items for 41

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prynce View Post
    The difference in stats between a Top Player and an Average Player (both capped at 41) is inappropriately astronomical.
    I think some people here either cannot understand or don't want to understand this. Let me paraphrase. The difference in stats between a maxed out lvl 41 player and an average lvl 41 player is, as it stands now, bigger than the difference in stats between an average lvl 41 player and a lvl 15-20 twink. This is not just inappropriately astronomical, it's plain and simple absurd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

This may come out rude but I'm gonna say it anyways.. If you want to a be `top player`instead of spending your time on this post you should be out farming and meeting these players.. Alot of them are just average players who had luck in the market and have the monetary funds to play the market and make more gold.. Also you can sit here and talk about how there stats are so amazing compared to average players but that's only half the reason these players are successful in the game.. These players understand the class they play in and out like the back of their hands.. They understand the mechanics of the game and have utilized a playing style that allows them to succeed. I've seen many plat players with over the top gear and still have no idea on what they need to be doing. Pvp is the most obvious example.

In all if you were to suddenly open a chest and get an arcane fossil then you would enjoy access to these 'elite' items because you have the funds.. These items are so over the top powerful because they are rare.. If you flooded the market with items that are closely related to same stats as arcane ring the ring would become obsolete. It's powerful because it's rare. Every game you play these days has these items and its just part of the mechanics. So if you want to be a top player start running elites and farming.. Like most ppl in AL you'll have the most luck farming crates and selling them during 2x myth weekends so gl.

P. S get off this post and start playing

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ambrose For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Sure the gap is huge but.... its not all sts's fault its the ig economics.

Anyway if a person is playing for years and worked there a** up to get best gear there is no problem for me ... they earned it
    Your example legendary - maxed is good but ... 200% armor ? .... never ever saw a rouge with around 3k armor sorry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

As an end game and pretty much maxed out character I'll say that I agree with you.

I have spent years working for my gear, but there's no way for newer players to compete!

I think that gear needs to have a smaller gap difference between legendary, mythic, and arcane... As well as there should be seasonal lbs!

We've been asking sts for seasonal lbs since game launched btw with no response :-(
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

1) +1 to seasonal lb...it's a great chance for younger players to catch up. But dummy farming would get a even bigger problem.
    2) I remember times where the best geared players was not that op like the mid-class players. In season 4 the mythics weren't that op like the imbued/arcane ring etc and the arcane pets neither lol. I saw many mid-class players killing people with mythic armor/helm and with maybe an amulett or weapon too. PvP was much more fun these times. In this season I played a lot PvP (mid-class) and made a good kdr etc but since mid of season 5 I don't even dare to enter PvP lol...I know I will get destroyed, no chance
    3) I'd just say that it would be great if the mid-class gear wouldn't be that crap compared to best gear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrose View Post
    This may come out rude but I'm gonna say it anyways.. If you want to a be `top player`instead of spending your time on this post you should be out farming and meeting these players.. Alot of them are just average players who had luck in the market and have the monetary funds to play the market and make more gold.. Also you can sit here and talk about how there stats are so amazing compared to average players but that's only half the reason these players are successful in the game.. These players understand the class they play in and out like the back of their hands.. They understand the mechanics of the game and have utilized a playing style that allows them to succeed. I've seen many plat players with over the top gear and still have no idea on what they need to be doing. Pvp is the most obvious example.

In all if you were to suddenly open a chest and get an arcane fossil then you would enjoy access to these 'elite' items because you have the funds.. These items are so over the top powerful because they are rare.. If you flooded the market with items that are closely related to same stats as arcane ring the ring would become obsolete. It's powerful because it's rare. Every game you play these days has these items and its just part of the mechanics. So if you want to be a top player start running elites and farming.. Like most ppl in AL you'll have the most luck farming crates and selling them during 2x myth weekends so gl.

P. S get off this post and start playing
    I am under the impression we are talking mostly about stats here. I doubt a random player X can know how skilled a maxed player Y is or how well Y understands the mechanics of the game by just looking at their stats in town. Because, you know, chances are X has never been in the same map with Y, except in town.

As for how every game has powerful items. True. Not every game, however, has items that create such monstrous disparities in stats between members of the same level. In fact, I know of no other game like this. If you do, please share.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

This game is pay to win mate if you want to win you should farm gold irl then buy plats