Thread: Idea for Sewer set bonus (and the next sets)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Idea for Sewer set bonus (and the next sets)

One idea would be that set bonus could give you some type of proc when you complete the set, like armor break that stacks, sewer staff could give chain lightning that damages nearby enemies, stun, or life leech.

This could make set bonus something more than just stats. So you could get some h/s, m/s, damage and the other stats normally associated with sets.

Also mages need their enchanted gear to be fixed since h/s is useless for us and warriors need dodge not damage. If they wanted damage they would go for dex gear. Birds is not that bad but they could use a little mana regen here and there.

Also a change for the crown of persistence for the mages, we don't need h/s we need m/s please change that. I am saying this because of all the stats they could give us h/s is the most useless of all. I would prefer m/s, dodge, hit, crit or more damage and not a single h/s.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Warriors have ridiculous dodge with the Fury Set and Sewer gear already....give them some damage, or most importanty hit/crit.

The devs are looking into the CoP sets...
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Warriors have ridiculous dodge with the Fury Set and Sewer gear already....give them some damage, or most importanty hit/crit.

The devs are looking into the CoP sets...
    What I meant was from the crafted version. Maybe instead of removing one stat you could stay with dodge and add damage. That is what I think crafting should be. At the moment crafting is just a very expensive way of replacing a stat with a less effective one.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Gotcha. Agreed, the crafting system needs to be totally reworked, but that has already been kicked to death in previous threads. One can hope.

The thing that is most lacking for birds with the crafted sets was dodge. Armor on birds is marginal at best, dodge would significantly help and have been worth the hassle and expense of crafting...h/s is aight, especially for PvP birds, but for PvE pretty minimal impact.

Most of the crafting seems aimed squarely at PvP. If the devs are trying to raise interest in PvP, they missed the mark with the I'm-betting-its-larger PvE crowd who has zero interest in PvP to begin with; even if GCD updates make PvP better, a lot of PvE-ers still won't be interested one bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yep birds need dodge. You would think that birds should have more armor than mages and its the opposite. Birds get to die a lot since they only have the evade and even then its not enough sometimes to get one shot. Bears have big armor and mages have mana shield.

What about the proc idea as a set bonus? I know I crammed to much stuff on the thread maybe I'll think of a way to edit it.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I don't mind the lower armor values....it is a fair tradeoff for the high damage. Every stat in this game, if you have something high, you lose something somewhere. I have no problem with that overall principle.

Procs make more difference for mages than for bears/archers; that might benefit the mage class, but of marginal use to the others. The only non-mage proc that seems to have any real impact is the warrior's Execute proc. Blinding Shot proc on Recurves helps archers to some extent, but I'd rather have a dodge or m/s set bonus as a reward for the hassle and expense of crafting than another intermittent proc. Maybe if the proc was on top/part of a set bonus, sure good idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

maybe an exploding arrow blast effect on archers and bears with execute. I would love to see aoe damage on birds.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    maybe an exploding arrow blast effect on archers and bears with execute. I would love to see aoe damage on birds.
    Errr....Blast Shot? Exploding arrow blast effect that is AoE?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Errr....Blast Shot? Exploding arrow blast effect that is AoE?
    yes but as a weapon proc. Not high damage though that would be overpowered.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Birds are already overpowered in PVE and PVP. They don't need anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Birds also die at the drop of the hat as a flipside to being overpowered. There is balance in the PL Force.