Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Remiem's Weekly Community Update | March 11th, 2015

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem
    But you'll have to check back tomorrow for all of the details.
    Time to build a time machine!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Leprechaun Goblins There so cute <3 (Pst:The lepre banner seems legit and they should be a leprechaun pet [just saying])

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Dear Fibus and Remiem,

I hope all is well.

Regarding your 'PVE class balance' & ' from the desk of Fibus section'

Though it is at times necessary to take a step back and look into oneself to pave the way for a better future.... Which I think is what you guys just did I terms of reviewing the class roles, stating the obvious again sets the premise of your goal which is 'combined-class specific map content' is indeed a good start. Even if I feel you should have not needed to think of this because this is the premise of the classes since day one.

The only fear that I have is that you are assuming the the roles of the classes especially the Warriors in PVE are at peak efficiency... In reality it is not. Thus please do not blind yourselves in thinking that the warrior class is performing its role efficiently because this is going to be disastrous in designing any map design.

The topic of taunts has been brought up, please .... Please... Re-evaluate this and review it again and again as the warrior taunts have not been efficient since the lvl26 cap, your are shooting yourself in the foot by thinking the taunts are working fine. Thus any map design wherein you are assuming the taunt skill of the warrior is working fine will be disastrous. When you look at your system(code wise) you may say but it's working fine but when you see it in gameplay it is not ... Why ? ... The dmg & crit dmg output of the other classes overrides the mob threat counter so fast that the warrior taunt skills cannot hold aggro for more the a second when the other class crit. This is why I personally feel Juggernaught which has been the premier taunt skill for warriors has been 'ineffective'. Thus frequency of the taunt to reset the mob threat counter is more efficient Than a preset number of taunts overtime. As proven by Serancha's post when in the Chestsplitter and Juggernaugt debate.

One cannot ignore that the core issue with the warrior class in PVE is the Warrior Skill System Inefficiency and not the map design, obviously this will not stop you from pursuing the 'combined-class specific maps' but for the sake of due diligence please look into the skill system as no map will be ran efficiently of the skills are not delivering on what it's promised to do.

Thanks for reading

Maarkus

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Maarkus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    - Ancient Planar Pendant Warrior Crystal proc now heals for 10% in PvP, down from 25% in PvE, and each tick of the regen now heals for 2% health per tick in PvP, down from 5% in PvE. (The PvE version of the proc is unaffected.)
    what was the premise for this nerf?
    Last edited by Svvords; 03-12-2015 at 01:14 AM.
    Up and down, over and through, back around, the jokes on you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

...will present you with new challenges you haven’t seen before in AL...

To go into further detail, this is how we feel each class will fit into this vision.

Rogues are the ultimate single-target damage dealers, defined by abilities such as Aimed Shot (we already know this, few years). They are at their best when they need to take down a specific mob as quickly as possible(Mages in tombs/Shuyal, Shamans, Orcs and Cobra-snakes in Tindrin). Their other abilities support this role by either inhibiting the enemy so the Rogue can do her job better, or allowing the Rogue to stay alive to do her job longer (Shadow Veil is in our skill builds too for few years). The rogue has never really had an issue finding a place in solo or group AL content, but that doesn’t mean that we aren’t considering them with designing expansion content (so only-rogues party will be still the best). Let’s say there is a mob that buffs his damage and defense increasingly over time (Shamans in Tindrin? We can imagine this "new" mobs very easily). The longer you leave him alive, the tougher he gets. You’ll want to take him out first, and quickly, so he doesn’t have time to gain all those buffs. The Rogue is the perfect class to do that (and always was!).

Next, we have the Sorcerer, who is the master of area effect damage. No other class can deal as much damage to multiple mobs in a short period of time as the Sorcerer. Every one of the Sorcerer’s offensive abilities has an area-effect component either in its base, or is added as part of an upgrade. Sorcerer’s also have extremely powerful utility abilities (Thank you for summarize current state, but isnt it out of topic now?). The crowd control power of Time Stop and Gale Force should never be overlooked (but it is overlooked!). How does this play into the content in the expansion? Well, let’s say your group is about to encounter a large group of mobs. None of the mobs are really represent such a threat individually that one of them really needs to die before the others. They are just a really mean and nasty group that need to go down before the rest of your group gets eaten alive. In comes the Sorcerer. He can place down a Time Stop on the group, Curse the quickest attacking mob which is, hopefully, attacking the warrior, then start unleashing a barrage of Fireballs and Lightning Strikes. (Tindrin/Tombs pulls! its nice to imagine, but better scenario is that this mobs, which isnt any big threat at all, can be easily one shooted by party of rogues. Hight dodge, only few mobs attack on each rogue becouse of split dmg)

Last, but not least, are Warriors. We feel that the role of a Warrior should be similar to that of a tank archetype players of MMORPGs are familiar with. He is responsible for grabbing the attention of the mobs and taking the damage for his team, allowing his groupmates to stay alive and do their roles (yes, this was written thousand times). He can do this by corralling mobs using taunts and debuffing the mobs (will warrior have more debuffs than half-functional feeble?), while also doing some damage himself . This is enforced with abilities such as Horn of Renew, Juggernaut, and the multiple upgrades on his abilities which grant a taunt effect (NO one know how exactly and how long taunts works (charged and uncharged - difference?). Do you ever think about possibility, that if you get some information to us, something could changed and you will have less work?). Much of the content in the upcoming Rage of the Ren’gol expansion will support this design philosophy. You may see mobs with heavy-hitting abilities (Shamans in Tindrin Corridor/Caves/Summit? Giants in Tombs? Komodos with some kind of taunt immunity?) such that you’ll want the warrior to not only absorb damage, but also wrangle specific mobs allowing party members to successfully fulfill their roles. You may also see mobs using abilities where it will beneficial, perhaps even necessarily, to move the mobs out of, which is most easily accomplished with a Warrior taunting the mobs.

Hopefully this provides you with a good idea of where we are heading (???).
    Hello,
    this only inform us, that everithing, what will come, will be exactly the same, what we already have! Every info, what you write on class specific, is here for few years and we donīt see any SINGLE NEW information.

In other side, I agree with idea of this class roles, but again...THIS IDEA IS HERE FOR FEW YEARS ALREADY.
    Last edited by Jirikjurasek; 03-12-2015 at 01:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Oh yes one question that bugs me so the lvl cap is now 46 and the mythic sets isnt worth it anymore so doing the mythic aps wil be just a waste of gold because of the lvl cap(unless ur doing pvp) how about a new mythic set? so it will be useful and the aps is still worth getting that 200 points. and the title THE HERO OF LEGEND

Also i love to see a new pet in the expansion re skin or not don't care
    Last edited by Linayel ^.^; 03-12-2015 at 01:40 AM.
    HOW BORING ~~ TO CREATE A SIG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Wow recolored pet. Wow no changes for skills in new expansion. Wow.

The endgame really doesn't worth it. Continue twinking. Wow STS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

#twinkliiifeee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

It would be fun to see how many people are online make a counter or something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

These vanities aren't tradeable, but based on your feedback from the Love Crafting event, we have added a liquidation value of 1500g for each piece.
    What feedback?!

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    In any case, there is absolutely no reason why vanities which are looted from chests should not be tradable, especially if you are going to make it so that a sorcerer can loot warrior and rogue vanities from those chests. I cannot think another example in my 2+ years of playing Arcane Legends (since the beginning) where a class specific item that was looted from a boss was not tradable.

Anyway, I hope STS will reconsider this in a future update. It would be nice to get my sorcerer golden wings, and I'm sure there are warriors and rogues out there who would love to purchase my warrior and rogue wing vanities. I farmed like crazy this weekend to loot these items and 75% of the ones I looted are absolutely useless to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    I almost rage quit, when i still have no cupid for the 3rd day
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrisber View Post
    I have 3x wings for warr, 3x for mage and 0 for rogue... I hope sts does something about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Overweightank View Post
    ...STS, stop trying to make 'fun' stuff anymore. Do your job and add growth into the game. That event was just disgusting T-T...
    Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    If they were going to make these items non-tradable, then they should make it so that each player only loots stuff for their own class. I'd rather have a junk item that I can liquidate for 10 gold than have a warrior or rogue vanity item that is useless to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonway03 View Post
    Hope sts hear our request to make cupid npc to exchange our non-class specific wings.
    I got a lot of war and rogue cupid wings but didnt get sorc cupid wings
    Sucks

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    The different character is a myt/luck. I tried different Toon already with the exact same results. I tried very hard yesterday to get the wings on a twink account. Got golden wings except for that class OMG. +1 for trade in
    Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    lol raging event causing unhappiness to everyone .. i log off after whole night opening the lovecrates wasting 300k plus farming the boss.. all BS items which doesn't belong to your class especially golden wings everyone wants it
    Quote Originally Posted by vawaid View Post
    these vanities are better be tradable. I have many same vanities, better give to somebody than liquidate for 0.
    Quote Originally Posted by vawaid View Post
    If it's non tradable, why made a mage gets warrior vanity? what to do now? Make a warrior twink? Liquidate for 0? Stop giving random equip that is non tradable. What for is that?
    and we can continue...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Do wish that people would stop moaning about the Non-tradeable vanities. In the long run, it's so much better! Pocket Legends was the best for it, it created a division to the people who are there for old events and for who wasn't. If you're a player thats been playing way before most people have started, you want to stand out and show how cool you look, so other people who joined recently don't have the chance to get it via the auction. Vanities mean a lot to characters and helps differentiate the pros from the... Not to pros

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshuwar1 View Post
    Do wish that people would stop moaning about the Non-tradeable vanities. In the long run, it's so much better! Pocket Legends was the best for it, it created a division to the people who are there for old events and for who wasn't. If you're a player thats been playing way before most people have started, you want to stand out and show how cool you look, so other people who joined recently don't have the chance to get it via the auction. Vanities mean a lot to characters and helps differentiate the pros from the... Not to pros
    I donīt complain about non-tradeable vanities. I complained about "based on your feedback from the Love Crafting event" phrase, because feedback was totaly different.
    Only one thing what I want is to get some facts about what comming. Without any bad aiming populist phrases.

Honestly, how many NEW information did you have from this weekly update? Lepre event with banner and vanity from last year. Thats all what we know from really long post
    Last edited by Jirikjurasek; 03-12-2015 at 04:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jirikjurasek View Post
    I donīt complain about non-tradeable vanities. I complained about "based on your feedback from the Love Crafting event" phrase, because feedback was totaly different.
    Only one thing what I want is to get some facts about what comming. Without any bad aiming populist phrases.

Honestly, how many NEW information did you have from this weekly update? Lepre event with banner and vanity from last year. Thats all what we know from really long post
    Haha. Just go buy LAST year's vanity THIS year. Now you got it early and its tradeable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Nice. Thanks remi
    since we had frog crates, can we get owl crates too for the beastmaster ap?

Also it would be better in pve if warriors's jugg had a little lowered cool down time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

The sadest update ever....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rx8 View Post
    The sadest update ever....
    Hope i can play now..
    Im excited about the upcoming events. My 1st event played is the Lovecrafting. Its amazing. I hope this too can be good as Lovecraft

Sent from my SHV-E110S using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

AL 2015 - $Absurd Luck$

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Give lep goblin a small chance to drop new pet toucan. Then it might be worth hunting lep goblin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow nice
    Hiazireci lvl 41
    Hiasork lvl 19

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

ty for all these events and great updates/ new pet crates are awsome as well maybe later can go for mythic pet crates.