Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Remiem's Weekly Community Update | March 11th, 2015

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is this an Energy or Non-Energy based event?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Exclamation

I'm glad some of you are pleased with this "update". Perhaps you have an affinity for mediocrity. What I see is a whole lot of nothing. Fibus describing how he envisions the classes working together in this expansion is laughable. What warriors aren't currently taunting? Rogues are dealing dmg. Yeah. That's what they do. Mages will control the mobs. Lol. That is the mages job, yes, we get this. We have been doing this. In the same armor for a year and a half. One event after another offering one vanity/banner after another while simply readjusting these tired loot tables could impact the game intensely. Never ending lag issues, continued imbalance in PvP. I see plainly stated above that skill refinements will continue to be overlooked. So we continue to play with useless, outdated and in some cases flat out broken skills and passive abilities? Recolor pet from the kraken campaign? Really? Brought gyrm and breezaga back proving that there's zero exclusivity here. Friend came back to play and described the planar content as nothing more than an ankh sink. The longer we all continue to be like yay! Love it! Great update!... the more of these kind of updates will you see. Enjoy.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

3. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Gorecaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Fix the FROST BOW PROC please, my teammate's bow proc pulls me right before opponent warriors, most annoying thing ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ueveotadeo View Post
    And also, from what u posted describing class roles and what u intend to change on next expansion i see nothing new. Mobs that need to be moved away or separated we already got. Call me pessimist but all those generic answers just show lack of commitment, be them with lag, pve changes or pvp issues. Kinda makes u wonder wethet or not to keep playing...
    Totally agree with this.
    No change at all but seems like dev now understand what our roles are for pve.

But having more 'mobs that buffs his damage and defense increasingly over time' is a bad idea because this will push people to play without tank more only to kill them faster.

Sorry to say but these upgrades are not we are looking for.
    Aegis

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Excuses For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

And also, from what u posted describing class roles and what u intend to change on next expansion i see nothing new. Mobs that need to be moved away or separated we already got. Call me pessimist but all those generic answers just show lack of commitment, be them with lag, pve changes or pvp issues. Kinda makes u wonder wethet or not to keep playing...
    Here, Remiem and Fibus explain the role of each class

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    To go into further detail, this is how we feel each class will fit into this vision.

Rogues are the ultimate single-target damage dealers, defined by abilities such as Aimed Shot and Shadow Piercer. They are at their best when they need to take down a specific mob as quickly as possible. Their other abilities support this role by either inhibiting the enemy so the Rogue can do her job better, or allowing the Rogue to stay alive to do her job longer. The rogue has never really had an issue finding a place in solo or group AL content, but that doesn’t mean that we aren’t considering them with designing expansion content. Let’s say there is a mob that buffs his damage and defense increasingly over time. The longer you leave him alive, the tougher he gets. You’ll want to take him out first, and quickly, so he doesn’t have time to gain all those buffs. The Rogue is the perfect class to do that.

Next, we have the Sorcerer, who is the master of area effect damage. No other class can deal as much damage to multiple mobs in a short period of time as the Sorcerer. Every one of the Sorcerer’s offensive abilities has an area-effect component either in its base, or is added as part of an upgrade. Sorcerer’s also have extremely powerful utility abilities. The crowd control power of Time Stop and Gale Force should never be overlooked. How does this play into the content in the expansion? Well, let’s say your group is about to encounter a large group of mobs. None of the mobs are really represent such a threat individually that one of them really needs to die before the others. They are just a really mean and nasty group that need to go down before the rest of your group gets eaten alive. In comes the Sorcerer. He can place down a Time Stop on the group, Curse the quickest attacking mob which is, hopefully, attacking the warrior, then start unleashing a barrage of Fireballs and Lightning Strikes.

Last, but not least, are Warriors. We feel that the role of a Warrior should be similar to that of a tank archetype players of MMORPGs are familiar with. He is responsible for grabbing the attention of the mobs and taking the damage for his team, allowing his groupmates to stay alive and do their roles. He can do this by corralling mobs using taunts and debuffing the mobs, while also doing some damage himself. This is enforced with abilities such as Horn of Renew, Juggernaut, and the multiple upgrades on his abilities which grant a taunt effect. Much of the content in the upcoming Rage of the Ren’gol expansion will support this design philosophy. You may see mobs with heavy-hitting abilities such that you’ll want the warrior to not only absorb damage, but also wrangle specific mobs allowing party members to successfully fulfill their roles. You may also see mobs using abilities where it will beneficial, perhaps even necessarily, to move the mobs out of, which is most easily accomplished with a Warrior taunting the mobs.
    Here, Remiem said there will be class balances

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem
    PvE Class Balance
    As promised, we would like to keep you as up-to-date as possible regarding our ongoing efforts toward class balance in Arlor. This week, I sat down with Fibus to talk in a little more detail about our efforts toward PvE balance as we move into the next expansion. For the sake of this discussion we are only discussing PvE balance in new content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    Here, Remiem and Fibus explain the role of each class

Here, Remiem said there will be class balances
    If u notice how they describe u sre remien using future time. They will fit.

As far as i know that is how game is currently and just show how litle respect they have for their customers on managing expectations and the lack of commitment since the promised but never to be skill revamp

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ueveotadeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

If u notice how they describe u sre remien using future time. They will fit.

As far as i know that is how game is currently and just show how litle respect they have for their customers on managing expectations and the lack of commitment since the promised but never to be skill revamp
    With expansion coming and no skill revamp, i really don't know where to put 5 more skill points :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

After reding other people's comments, PVE sounds like it's going to be pretty much the same. OP rogues can probably still power through the maps faster than mixing with other classes. Warriors can already taunt and heal! The damage they deal just can't keep up with the other two classes not to mention even under Full Jug, it still breaks.

I hope something can be done with PVP as well because most of the time a rogue can 1-2 shot a warrior but definately not vise versa. I would really like to see the warrior come alive again, but unless the skills get a significant overhaul, it's going to be much the same as it is now!

I do like liquidating the vanities though!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    With expansion coming and no skill revamp, i really don't know where to put 5 more skill points :/
    yeah....same

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

yeah....same
    5% speed passive. Muahahahaha xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

The people have spoken.... forget the new game and fix your Mill ticket

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    5% speed passive. Muahahahaha xD
    I might actually do that

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I can't wait for the new pet :3 I always love to have new ones hehe xD I hope there will be other leprechaun vanities then last year :O
    To expansion I'll just say nothing until I know more then the name lol.
    And I hope warrior will get real tanks now after the balance...(to all tanks that want dmg to get balanced...NOT YOUR JOB XD). If tanks will get real tanks I might play on tank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Umm...

I appreciate an event as much as the next person, but these skills and class balance not getting taken care of is getting really ridiculous.

Thanks for describing out classes to us, but we all know this already... The problems are with the fact that we can't do this properly with the skills working the way that they do!

What we need are getting skills changed to be more useful to our groups and to the levels (pve or pvp) that we are playing. Not just changing the levels. This really isn't going to help anything.

Sorry but very disappointing
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Could we have some information on the devs about this? It's been a request for well over a year now, and since you have apparently implemented it in other games, you clearly have the ability to do so.

Source: End of last season

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 5.41.49 PM.png
Views: 368
Size:  232.8 KB

Also, is there ever going to be any sort of human rule enforcement in this game? Fair players deserve a fair chance, and by those running the game consistently ignoring things like dummy farming and other exploits, and not providing any in-game monitoring at all, the ToS is a total joke. You change people's or guild's names when someone gets offended, but that isn't even something that has to do with gameplay.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Also...

Since your fixing amulet protects any chance u could fix the mage one... We really don't need or want mana... Nobody even bothers picking up those... Anything else would be great... Damage, critical, health, armor... I'm not picky.... Just not mana
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellaelda For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wohoo another event and cant wait detail for new expansion..

Thank you.. will be nice update
    <a href=http://imageshack.com/a/img905/4852/ah7wql.jpg target=_blank>http://imageshack.com/a/img905/4852/ah7wql.jpg</a>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaelda:2081955
    Also...

Since your fixing amulet protects any chance u could fix the mage one... We really don't need or want mana... Nobody even bothers picking up those... Anything else would be great... Damage, critical, health, armor... I'm not picky.... Just not mana
    Unfortunately, it can only be buffed and not replaced. Totally replacing it is bad practice after people have paid for it. So it would be mana + something else. Armor would be cool I say. Mana alone is garbage. I agree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Well, from the perspective of a perhaps less jaded player, I'm looking forward to the Lepre-whatever event, but will there be things to farm in it? The candies and lovecraft chests of the last event were particularly good for newbs/poor players to make some gold and get better gear (which helps the wheels of the economy go around) so if something similar could be incorporated that would be ace! After all poor people tend to spend their money immediately whilst the rich sit on it, so the more gold that's actually circulating and not being hoarded, the better for everyone. I'm also excited for any more info on the expansion, particularly a new mythic pet.

Re: class balance, clearly most posters in this thread consider what Fibus has said to be inadequate. Are you able to clarify whether the expansion will bring new and different skills for us to spend our 5 skill points on? I'm also concerned that the expansion won't be solo-able, because sometimes I just wanna be alone :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Putting aside skill system, not good...