Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7 Content Update (55818)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Temporary? Just because a few people said so?

What about adding a "hide vanity" for those people crying about being different.

I did NOT just buy plat and purchase this hat for no reason, the only reason I used real money to get platinum and buy the hat was because you said it would remain as a bonus.

They are complaining about the looks of people, so do something about the looks but keep the bonus.

Again, "hiding the vanity hat" option or "hiding every other players vanity" just so we can look "nicer" to some.

Jeez.

People that pay should always have an advantage, that's life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Ok, we'll consider making them temporary.

-ALS
    -_-

why not just add bonus to other vanity items in the future? I love the idea....
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

-ALS
    Or please consider making an option for 'Hide Vanity', as odd as it sounds, like the 'Hide Hat' option. It could work, leave the permanent luck increase intact while allowing us to wear whatever helm we wanted for looks/visual effect.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

People that pay should always have an advantage?

That's not how PL used to be, and I hope that's not the direction it's heading.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ballersburden View Post
    Temporary? Just because a few people said so?

What about adding a "hide vanity" for those people crying about being different.

I did NOT just buy plat and purchase this hat for no reason, the only reason I used real money to get platinum and buy the hat was because you said it would remain as a bonus.

They are complaining about the looks of people, so do something about the looks but keep the bonus.

Again, "hiding the vanity hat" option or "hiding every other players vanity" just so we can look "nicer" to some.

Jeez.

People that pay should always have an advantage, that's life.
    Sounds like someone accusing other people of crying, is in need of a pretty big box of Kleenex themselves. Hide Vanity already suggested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

-ALS
    It feels like a heavy loss to have paid 15 platinum for this and no bonus added to it in the future. Please keep it on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

-ALS
    Please do NOT make then temporary. 15 plat is a lot for a temporary item. I wouldn't have bought.. Just because a few people don't love it, doesn't mean the rest of us don't!
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Discard the one who pays money get better argument but look at it this way many people(including me) only bought the vanity caause luck was permanent. 15 plats is big waste otherwise. If the temporary thing is applied all should be atleast given a chance to give it back ( or decrease the value of vanity).

I however feel getting more vanity to have some kinda bonus is a better idea but it is upto the devs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Let it stay

Btw, big kleenex box plz.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah, I was planning on buying some plat to get one, but not if it's gonna go away any time soon. consider the other remedies the problem rather than nullifying the reason for the purchase. That's like paying extra for leather seats in your car, but they turn into vinyl after 6 months.
    PL: Jemnus - Lvl 54 Archer; Nasoji - Lvl 54 Enchanter; CaptainUrsa - Lvl 35 Bear;
    AL: Jemnidad - Lvl 30 Sorceror; Starkazm - Lvl 13 Rogue

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Look guys, let's say this hat does turn permanent. What does that mean for the economy?

1. There will be more loot in the CS.
    2. More loot means prices will be driven further down.
    3. Players who farm extensively like me will get more drops, driving prices even further down.
    4. Your earnings will be a fraction of what they were once worth.

Drop rates for pinks are already fair. If everyone has an increased chance of drops, your drops will be worth diddly.

15 Platinum is not worth a lot of money. It's at most 2 dollars.

And I'll be damned if I loot a MM bracer in the future with a permabonus on this hat only to have to sell it for 250k instead of 800k.

And no - people who pay Platinum should not have a distinct advantage over anyone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

If u do make it temporary you should take vanity away from everyone and refund plat so they can decide if they want it, but i still think it should stay because its first ever vanity with a bonus.

IGN (Apocolypze lvl 61 Warrior)(Lvlonewarrior lvl 1 Warrior)(Twinkenstein lvl 10 Dexbear)(Cthulusleeps lvl 17 Dexbear)(Wintertide lvl 26 Mage)(Derpfest lvl 30 Dexbear)(Dodgeyfeet lvl 10 Merchant)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

The devs are usually good about returns, and I'm guessing they would allow them if you return it right away and not wait until the luck wears off.

People have bought plenty of other vanity items, including the very similar Big Love, despite their having no bonuses. If it is made temporary, maybe the price should be adjusted to reflect that?

If it is here to stay, I think other helms should be given some bonuses (ie. Xp bonus, speed bonus, etc) around the same time, to give people a reason to choose between different helms, and not simply choose to look silly wearing a clover (for the luck) or wearing a cool-looking vanity item without a bonus.

Also, kinda sucks for future players who won't be able to buy the hat. All other holiday plat items were vanity only, so new players who didn't get it were not at a disadvantage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Look guys, let's say this hat does turn permanent. What does that mean for the economy?

1. There will be more loot in the CS.
    2. More loot means prices will be driven further down.
    3. Players who farm extensively like me will get more drops, driving prices even further down.
    4. Your earnings will be a fraction of what they were once worth.

Drop rates for pinks are already fair. If everyone has an increased chance of drops, your drops will be worth diddly.

15 Platinum is not worth a lot of money. It's at most 2 dollars.

And I'll be damned if I loot a MM bracer in the future with a permabonus on this hat only to have to sell it for 250k instead of 800k.

And no - people who pay Platinum should not have a distinct advantage over anyone else.
    Yes prices will eventually go down just like Rift once was more than 1mill to buy. But new items will be expensive even if the drop rate is higher.

I do see the point you are making Physio but also remember that a the majority of players don't use the forums and they will think that little love gives a bonus and they will not pay for big love. This item will be on the store for a week or less (from past similar items) Then it will no longer will be available so other players won't have the luxury of getting it.

Similar permanent bonus could be added to other vanity items.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    If it is here to stay, I think other helms should be given some bonuses (ie. Xp bonus, speed bonus, etc) around the same time, to give people a reason to choose between different helms, and not simply choose to look silly wearing a clover (for the luck) or wearing a cool-looking vanity item without a bonus.
    Nice ideas for vanity item bonuses
    +1
    I would love the speed one to run around town like a chicken with its head cut off
    Last edited by Echelong; 03-15-2011 at 04:39 PM.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ballersburden View Post
    Let it stay

Btw, big kleenex box plz.
    Touche. Ironically I'm at Walgreen's. Would you like some with soothing aloe to prevent chafing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I know what you are trying to say but for some of us we arent going to get anymore platinum sadly. To spend the remaining of it on a stupid thing that I dont want wasnt what I would have wanted and am already regretting that I jumped the gun there. If it meant to be temporary act soon and give chance to people to give it back (for some little penalty) that I would think would only be fair. Yes I know people would make full use of it in the meantime but still 15 plats is a lot I could have got another new area for that if it were in da plans.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Les has a point as well - new players have a huge, major disadvantage if they don't buy this item now. G has mentioned that hundreds of new accounts are created everyday. It'll be a shame if I was a new player and just missed out on a vanity that gave me permanent luck bonus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    Yes prices will eventually go down just like Rift once was more than 1mill to buy. But new items will be expensive even if the drop rate is higher.

I do see the point you are making Physio but also remember that a the majority of players don't use the forums and they will think that little love gives a bonus and they will not pay for big love. This item will be on the store for a week or less (from past similar items) Then it will no longer will be available so other players won't have the luxury of getting it.

Similar permanent bonus could be added to other vanity items.
    That point seems even more unfair to me than anything else. So only forum members will be aware of his and take advantage of it? How is that fair to people who just play the game and don't know about it? Also, like i said, not fair to future players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

So what about the many people who have bought it on the pretence that it were to give us good permanent luck. Theres two sides to everything :-/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I vote for keeping luck. We're talking here about a really tiny chance of getting better loot, and we did pay 15 plat in return which is more than the BS campaign costs. They seem to give you a chance to re-roll that's smaller than even the lucky elixir, and that just means you get 2 rolls which are both very unlikely to give pink at all.

Nothing's going to change about the economy. I remember when the lucky elixir first came out all the farmers panicked and went off to town to sell because they thought prices would drop, and then nothing happened. After a few days even hardcore farmers stopped using the elixirs because they were just not worth it.

I like the hat because I would never waste money on a lucky elixir - they're just not cost effective. This way I get to experience the excitement of the occasional re-roll without feeling guilty that I wasted money for it.

If it bothers people so much that it's a platinum item, then maybe after the St. Patricks day event is over the devs could just add a different item as a drop that has the same effect. Maybe a ring which doesn't show up, so people don't complain that everyone looks the same.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial