Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: About Remien's last weekly update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

STS needs to fix stuff like this, before they can move on to the "bigger stuff". It's like algebra, there's no point of learning it if you can't do basic arithmetic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Since they removed Maarkus post I'll do a little bump here.

And again, I'm asking for you guys to talk with us.

Why the skill system revamp died?
    What can we expect of new as class balance for next expansion?

It's hard for me to believe that you guys are still outlining those ideas. Let's be honest here, we don't start development without closing the major items to be implemented first. So, is the new expansion under development? Is yes, is the class balance being addressed? If yes, how?

Again, I'll link this so you won't say we just complaint without making any suggestions.

And again I'm asking for real answers. Not we are looking into that.

Also, I'd like to express a concern here. If after endless threads of suggestions, if the new expansion is already under development, you guys are just now taking a step back and evaluating PVE balance I'm a little worried....specialy because that thread I linked is one month old and you guys told us you were aware of this and already thinking on how to fix things....so you already started to think or are starting to take a look now? Which one is true if any?

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

I removed the thread because it was a total rant. Remember, please be cool while you are here.

We're pretty busy with SXSW atm, so thanks for your patience. I am sure GM and Productor will get back to you on this next week.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    I removed the thread because it was a total rant. Remember, please be cool while you are here.

We're pretty busy with SXSW atm, so thanks for your patience. I am sure GM and Productor will get back to you on this next week.
    You ask us to understand and be cool. But took 48h to have an "answer" from you. As a client how you want us to stay calm when we feel ignored?

And I don't know what SXSW is, I'm assuming some kind of event. If you guys can't take 15min from your agenda to answer us properly but yet are focused on prob advertising the new game, how do you think that makes us feel?

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #25
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Thanks to the magic of censorship, I am going to retract my earlier statement. I'm sorry I told you to chill. You are right, this is not professional. My apologies, I am a bit stressed about our big sxsw event.

I will ask the live devs to get back to you with more info on skills.

Thanks,

- Gary
    Last edited by Justg; 03-13-2015 at 09:53 AM. Reason: less drama
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #26
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Hi ueveotadeo. Your experience working on the project for the Olympics is a great example of what we're facing with the skills system, thanks for sharing your experience. Congrats to you and your team for handling it the way you did and making your client happy. That's a big challenge and you kept your customer happy which is the most important thing.

To your questions:

1. Skills: The skill revamp is on hold while we work on the expansion. In fact I wouldn't even call it a revamp as any effort toward skills will more likely be a series of small changes over time. The next expansion is our top priority right now and so that's where we are staying focused.

2. Class Balance: As Fibus mentioned in Remiem's weekly update we're designing the expansion content in such a way that will highlight the strengths of each class and make it fun to play for everyone. Expect to hear more details in the coming weeks as we reveal more info about the expansion. When we put up the test server I hope you can come and check it out and share your feedback. These changes are not going to immediately fix all the issues you've mentioned--they are steps in that direction.

3. Expansion: The expansion is in development. We've been working on it since last year so when you suggest we're "...just now taking a step back and evaluating PVE balance." that's not correct. We've been doing that for quite some time and have planned this expansion around that goal. Will we instantly fix class balance? No of course not. Will it improve class balance and be fun to play? We think so but we aren't going to know for sure until we get you guys playing. Right now we're focused on making that happen as soon as possible. Again when we get the test server up I hope you'll join us.

A question of my own:

1. You've linked a thread with discussions of skills, botting, leaderboards, and more. When you mention "class balance" are you referring to all of these things or just skills? There's a lot of great feedback in that thread that applies to a number of different game systems.
    | | | |