Thread: Warrior in a party shouldn't raise difficulty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Default Warrior in a party shouldn't raise difficulty

Warrior in a party shouldn't raise the damage, armor and hp of the mobs and bosses.
    The mobs difficulty are set according to the number of people in the party and the highest level person in the party, which is nice.
    But it should not be dependent on the players' hp armor.

When a heavy tank is in the map, the mobs and boss gains Hp, Damage and armor too which should not be happening.

This is not newly discovered but since noone asked stg to look over it, I made this thread.
    One of the reason why a warrior is unwanted in a party is also the reason that they increases the mobs and boss difficulty.

Stg please consider on changing it.
    Mobs in a map of 4 mage rogues should have same hp armor and damage in compare to the mobs in same map but warriors in it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

I assume you talk elite
    It was discussed before... warrior does not makes mobs stronger... when you take warrior with little damage, it will take you longer to eliminate mob.
    If the warrior is not good at tanking you will also die a lot
    try to take rogue with the same amount of damge of tank, see if its easier
    Good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Dex Scene. They don't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Starkinea View Post
    I assume you talk elite
    It was discussed before... warrior does not makes mobs stronger... when you take warrior with little damage, it will take you longer to eliminate mob.
    If the warrior is not good at tanking you will also die a lot
    try to take rogue with the same amount of damge of tank, see if its easier
    Good luck
    The warrior i run with doesn't die nor I talked about runs being longer.. of course I do know, if I have warrior in pt, it gonna be longer.
    I said it in elite/Normal any map condition from a rogue perspective.
    if I am with 3 dps class, the damage I deal to a mob is definitely higher than when im in the same map with warriors in it.
    also, if you have 3 dps class in the map, test it, go fight mobs alone. The time you take to kill a mob is lesser than you take to kill the same mob in same condition but warriors in the Party.
    I tested it alot I do think warriors definitely increases hp armor and damages of mobs and bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

i don't have enough proof, but i believe that:

1. mobs and bosses level (including damage, armor, etc) scaled to the highest level in a party
    2. mobs and bosses health increased based on number of party, whatever the class/level/stat is

if you're going to suggest making a party of 4 warriors to have a map with same mobs/boss health to a solo map, i think it will give too many advantages
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Mobs scaling in maps are NOT based on players HP, armor, damage, crit and so on! It was confirmed by devs and players as well. This panic about scaling was always only RUMORS!

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne
    Hey guys, I will get null_void to poke into this on Monday. as far as I know, there isn't any scaling for Armor values, only number and level of your party.
    Link

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    ...I would also like to confirm that neither the enemy's HP/armor nor its damage are scaling higher depending on if there is a warrior in party or not. With everyone in party at the same level, the mobs' difficulty only depends on the number of players in the instance, not the classes. You're welcome, warriors!...
    Link

Check the whole threads I refered to if you want more informations
    Last edited by Jirikjurasek; 03-19-2015 at 04:15 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jirikjurasek For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Warrior doesn't raise stats of mobs... It takes longer because its 3 DPS instead of 4. Which means 3 rogues/mages are doing the job of as if there were 4, while the warrior tanks. I don't see why people try to bring warriors down as a class. If you don't like warriors in parties, no need to run with them, or just complain to sts, and they'll discuss about buffing warriors in a couple of years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noobx View Post
    Warrior doesn't raise stats of mobs... It takes longer because its 3 DPS instead of 4. Which means 3 rogues/mages are doing the job of as if there were 4, while the warrior tanks. I don't see why people try to bring warriors down as a class. If you don't like warriors in parties, no need to run with them, or just complain to sts, and they'll discuss about buffing warriors in a couple of years.
    I suggest you Read well before you go "Blind Writing".
    Where have you read I said that on the base of Runs getting longer due to warrior? Ofcourse I do know 3 dps and a warrior party takes longer time than 4 dps. That's not a rocket science..
    I do run with warriors and i like running with warriors. Where have you come up with such "I don't see why people try to bring warriors down as a class. If you don't like warriors in parties, no need to run with them"
    i don't know why people don't read and understand before writing. Off topic much??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jirikjurasek View Post
    Mobs scaling in maps are NOT based on players HP, armor, damage, crit and so on! It was confirmed by devs and players as well. This panic about scaling was always only RUMORS!

Link

Link

Check the whole threads I refered to if you want more informations
    Thanks for constructive and on topic post.
    I see dev has stated on that and now I know. Thank you.
    however my thread wasn't on base of rumors, my thread was completely on my experience. I do feel difference on my damage dealt on mobs when im with a warrior to the damage i deal on same mobs without a warrior on the party.
    Thanks for the links tho.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    i don't have enough proof, but i believe that:

1. mobs and bosses level (including damage, armor, etc) scaled to the highest level in a party
    2. mobs and bosses health increased based on number of party
    I know that.

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    if you're going to suggest making a party of 4 warriors to have a map with same mobs/boss health to a solo map, i think it will give too many advantages
    I didn't suggest that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

To be honest, I was under the same impression until some time ago. This became especially true during the Halloween event, when the Paracelsus fella would one-hit me a lot more with tank(s) in the party than in a dps only group; and I'm talking his other attacks, not the spikes. However, I do believe this - if it was really the case at all and not just our imagination - has been resolved. For example, I don't find Tombs mobs more difficult with tank in the party.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    To be honest, I was under the same impression until some time ago. This became especially true during the Halloween event, when the Paracelsus fella would one-hit me a lot more with tank(s) in the party than in a dps only group; and I'm talking his other attacks, not the spikes. However, I do believe this - if it was really the case at all and not just our imagination - has been resolved. For example, I don't find Tombs mobs more difficult with tank in the party.
    Thanks for replying on topic
    I can be wrong, Iam not saying Iam right. Iam in the impression that warriors do really makes mobs a bit harder.
    But since Jirikjurasek posted what Dev said on this, I now think it can be our imagination.
    But I have felt it alot.

Just for example, when a guildy asks for help in some map, he parties me. I help him. Next time when a same level guildy asks for help in same map and he parties me, it looks like the mobs a bit stronger than before if the guildy is warrior.
    I feel it alot. Can be my imagination but I had strong feeling warriors raise mobs' stats a bit. If it does I ask stg to change it and hence this thread.

If it doesn't, oh well it can be just imagination.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I believe the thought by many is STS fixed it behind the scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otahaanak View Post
    I believe the thought by many is STS fixed it behind the scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hmm i hope they did.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    I suggest you Read well before you go "Blind Writing".
    Where have you read I said that on the base of Runs getting longer due to warrior? Ofcourse I do know 3 dps and a warrior party takes longer time than 4 dps. That's not a rocket science..
    I do run with warriors and i like running with warriors. Where have you come up with such "I don't see why people try to bring warriors down as a class. If you don't like warriors in parties, no need to run with them"
    i don't know why people don't read and understand before writing. Off topic much??
    Your whole thread was about warriors "raising" mob and boss HP, damage, armor etc. And I replied that its been stated that they don't, but I stonly seems like it. I don't see why you're over exaggerating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

The only problem is that warriors can't properly hold aggro and have low damage. That being said, having a warrior in a party will result in a slower run but you might also get hit by mobs and bosses more just because it takes longer to kill them. If a group of mobs takes one minute to kill in a full dps party and 1:30 minutes in a party with a tank there is a chance that in that extra 30 seconds you will get one hit and die just because tanks just can't properly hold aggro.

Having a sorcerer in party instead of warrior is much more beneficial because you will kill the mobs faster but also the sorcerer is able to control mobs very well using his clock, ice and fireball the mobs will barely move.

A longer run just means more chances of getting killed either because of a mistake or just because the tank couldn't hold aggro.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    The only problem is that warriors can't properly hold aggro and have low damage. That being said, having a warrior in a party will result in a slower run but you might also get hit by mobs and bosses more just because it takes longer to kill them. If a group of mobs takes one minute to kill in a full dps party and 1:30 minutes in a party with a tank there is a chance that in that extra 30 seconds you will get one hit and die just because tanks just can't properly hold aggro.

Having a sorcerer in party instead of warrior is much more beneficial because you will kill the mobs faster but also the sorcerer is able to control mobs very well using his clock, ice and fireball the mobs will barely move.

A longer run just means more chances of getting killed either because of a mistake or just because the tank couldn't hold aggro.
    This. You know some things wrong when a box or barrel holds more aggro of your aimed shot than your tank does of the mobs...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noobx View Post
    Your whole thread was about warriors "raising" mob and boss HP, damage, armor etc. And I replied that its been stated that they don't, but I stonly seems like it. I don't see why you're over exaggerating.
    I don't see you reply was on warriors raising mobs' hp armor or damage.
    All I read your reply was on obvious thing about run getting longer with warrior. And you were wondering why people bring warriors down as a class and if one doesn't like to run with warrior he shouldn't which is not mention in my thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post

I find by using cs(taunt) heal (taunt), and windmill (taunt), and constantly moving around hitting every enemy at least once, I hold aggro ok. And for the enemy that strays to hunt my dps' a freeze/panic pet is great.