Thread: We are a community

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default We are a community

Hello

You might find me a bit weird in this one... but as a community, shouldn't we have traditions?

Personally, I used to sell all the Esteban/Deary Eggs I got from Brackenridge after farming... but I recently just started to give them away to random new players. I also gave away most legendary gears I looted from there. Then as a nice person, you made some good money out of Locked Crates, and gave useful items to new players. This will lower the amount od players asking for eggs, and begging for gold. The more people who follow this "tradition", the more the value of those legendaries and eggs will drop.

How about this one: if you have cheap legendary gear, and get a mythic/arcane item, you give away the item that is getting replaced. Ex: You loot Kershal, and you give away your noob staff of randomness to a close sorcerer with the level requirement, or lower.

I know many end game players open Locked Crates... and the most common loot reward goes to??? Expedition Rifle!!! I've seen many players giving those away! I think they just got something soo cool, and didn't want to waste their time selling those expedition stuff, so they give away. It makes someone happy lol.

For forums, I noticed the ELITE title leaves soo quickly :c so how about this: when someone hits ELITE title, we all reply with quote: ELIIIIIIIITE. If over 10 people did this, there will be a clear checkpoint that will stay forever! That player has been ELITE at that exact time

At the end of each event, we shoot an event where we would fill up a town with people wearing the event's vanity. Ex: We fill up Expedition Camp with people wearing Normal Cupid Wings and Lovecraft helm. We take a screenie and post on forums, or even better: in that thread made by Hoardseeker with Epic Screenshots!

I am out of ideas right now. Can't wait to see your ideas!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dragoonclaws For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I have to say your ideas are interesting. I have been doing the same with the new egg crates, I pop around arlor dropping the new eggs on lower levels. They can sell or use, no worries. When I started the game, I once ran a few maps with another rogue. She was a higher level and very good. To my shame I cannot remember the name. At the end when leaving, she dropped a set of depraved blades on me. I used them a long time, they were the start of my gear addiction lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

That love craft event global quest was a good start.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

But giving stuff to low levels would make them believe begging is right and works

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ssneakykills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    But giving stuff to low levels would make them believe begging is right and works
    nah, just take a random noob in wondmoore, give him and leave. You don't answer to a begging LMAO.

I ignore beggers, or ask for their pets... in exchange or gold. They leave me alone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    just take a random noob in wondmoore
    Yep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I absolutely agree with having traditions, we are indeed a community. Whether it's just giving Deary eggs to Newbies or taking a group screenshot, there should be something we as a whole do.
    Problmatique, Level 41 Rogue
    Guild Master of <The Apocalypse>
    Honos, Integritas et Fidelitas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I like noobs who look like noobs and yes, random gifting is great fun. I actually think it's a general gaming tradition, since I've seen it in every game.

I like buying cheap random stuff (eggs and low level pinks) when there are lots of them in CS and giving them away when I have a lot of stuff. For equips, obviously to people who can use them.

Biggest problem actually is that I can't give to anyone below L5 They should be able to receive items. They can always liquidate to fund their beginning gaming.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Sometimes, when i have good items (that are either not my level, or not my class), I go on a secret toon, gift to someone (usually new people) that matches the level requirement and class requirement, then run, switch back to main

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Well one thing about this giving away tradition, would be "to be thankful" that good things happened, so we share our happiness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    nah, just take a random noob in wondmoore, give him and leave. You don't answer to a begging LMAO.

I ignore beggers, or ask for their pets... in exchange or gold. They leave me alone.
    Yeah I tend to give Ethyls to low level players in windmooore

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Hahaha damm we think the same way. I also do that whatever other classes goodies and legend gears I find which are useless to me I gift them away for free, I like doing that even sometimes I buy things just for them. When I'm bored I usually go in windmoore and help out newbies and give em advice, tips and guide them. I dunno but cause of me some of the newbies started enjoying this game hahaha. A bit off-topic but I love this game, its players, community, guilds and even the mods are friendly. Friendly Environment ^^…
    And I believe we all should have traditions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I have both given and been gifted stuff (as a newb) so I do think the gifting tradition is alive and well. Anything I loot on my low lvl daily/event chars I give away to the other low lvls in the map with me or Windmoore. It's nice to give gear I've outgrown to guildies too

I like the idea of everyone putting event vanities on and taking screenshots in towns, that's cool!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Tried givin gems, crap pinks and locks to random nabs but they somehow remembered my name and pm me everyday for more, so i stopped and only give to my guildies as my guild is leveling guild.

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk
    IGN: Vrao/Bjzg