Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Flags.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Flags.....

I've played this game as long as anyone, and have put in as much total hours as probably anyone since this game was released. I made the Top Sorcerers leaderboard in seasons 2-5. But I was stupid and last year I didn't make an effort to reach 5k or 10k flags back when flagging was easy. It just seemed totally boring.

In season 6 I got knocked off the leaderboard even though I have every other achievement besides 5k & 10k flags. So now the only way I can return to the Top Sorcerers leaderboard is to reach 5k flags. I need 1330 more flags to reach 5k. So 2 weeks ago I decided that I would worry about nothing else between now and the end of the expansion and spend all my time flagging....

Unfortunately that hasn't turned out so well. For example, tonight I played for 3 hours and got a grand total of 1 flag. It's really hard for us sorcerers, and when you enter a CTF room, you get ganged. I'm in Karma and even still I get ganged. It's pretty much impossible to get to the flag and make it back alive. So in 2 weeks of playing at least an hour per day, I got around 20 flags total. At that pace, I'm sure the game will have been discontinued before I would reach 5k.

Is it hopeless to even bother at this point? If I'm unable to compete for the leaderboard, I'd become very bored and look for another game instead where I can still compete. I feel like I've put in so much time in this game over 2 years, it's a shame that one single area holds me back from making the leaderboard.

Since nobody really plays CTF anymore (they just use the CTF room to play a completely different kind of game), I suggest removing the flag achievements. Keep the flags leaderboards for those players who still like to flag, but there's no reason to make it part of the achievement formula used for the "Top Players" leaderboard.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 03-22-2015 at 03:47 AM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I'm in Karma and even still I get ganged.
    I do not mean this as an insult of any kind, but one of the reasons (aside from the fact that you are a mage and people bully mages) may be getting ganged is precisely because of the fact that you are wearing the karma title. I have no personal enmity with any guild, but many players have stereotyped certain guilds, including karma as gangers and blockers.

Another thing is if you own an imbued set and a previous season lb banner, show it in the pvp room. People seem less inclined to go and be cheap to people who outgear and are more skilled than them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Are you talking about end game if so its very difficult to flag there. I also agree the flag aps should be removed but the LB for flagging stays 1+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    I do not mean this as an insult of any kind, but one of the reasons (aside from the fact that you are a mage and people bully mages) may be getting ganged is precisely because of the fact that you are wearing the karma title. I have no personal enmity with any guild, but many players have stereotyped certain guilds, including karma as gangers and blockers.

Another thing is if you own an imbued set and a previous season lb banner, show it in the pvp room. People seem less inclined to go and be cheap to people who outgear and are more skilled than them.
    I am not a "enemy" of karma EITHER, and yet I have to admit, Killing one karma brings another 3 and one blocker, and after that it is breeze-spawncamp for as long as you stay in the game. Atleast thats my experience.
    (Actually, this Applies to most guilds)
    If everyone would just keep it calm and reply on the random people on your team, ctf would be funnier.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ClumsyCactus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I assume most other guilds hold a grudge against your guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    Gale, shield and heal and patience
    And Nekro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supersyan View Post
    And Nekro
    Not evryone can offord a nekro just say many just cant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Well, from my experience, most guilds have a grudge but some players dont bave the grudge againts karma. During my early gameplay years at endgaming, most karma players didnt PvP with me. I met some karma people like apocolyptika and shadiiiii, also some ringed nekro and other crazy geared people...

Some rogues started off fighting with me, and i fought too. TBH, after a few kilings and death it always stopped for some reason. Some people, they just loved fighting me xD

From my experience, most karma guild players idnt kill me at their first shots or anything. I was a neutral enigmatic player. Soon i got into positive, and in a month i woke up and played...saw all my positive guildies left...then i contacted one of the officers of positive, to my surprise, i got into karma.

And going onto the gangs of karma, for some people it may seem ridiculous they are ga ging you for no reason. But hey, even i didnt knew, i was ganged at least 4 times by karma players. I realized with the presence of magnum, or sometimes unified karma guildmates call in for players to aid them. Blocking doesnt seem right to me either...i agree about blocking. Karma doesnt gang unless you have ganged them a while ago, i dont wanna like say that i am with them. But this is the truth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rx8 View Post
    Well, from my experience, most guilds have a grudge but some players dont bave the grudge againts karma. During my early gameplay years at endgaming, most karma players didnt PvP with me. I met some karma people like apocolyptika and shadiiiii, also some ringed nekro and other crazy geared people...

Some rogues started off fighting with me, and i fought too. TBH, after a few kilings and death it always stopped for some reason. Some people, they just loved fighting me xD

From my experience, most karma guild players idnt kill me at their first shots or anything. I was a neutral enigmatic player. Soon i got into positive, and in a month i woke up and played...saw all my positive guildies left...then i contacted one of the officers of positive, to my surprise, i got into karma.
    Karma is not full of those players people describe imo aswel.
    I quited endgame pvp long ago, there were some karma players, i forgot name, were very fair and didn't much fight me. They let me do my stuffs like fighting non ringer equally geared players.
    Shout out to Apocalyptika too. She always spared me and very nice person.
    Zeus is very fair too. Been some in clash with zeus (in his team). He always say in team chat to let enemies regroup.

But there are some arrogant bully people too. Well which LB guild dsnt have. Mostly those weak players who got into karma and think they are some real stuff while wearing the guild title are the people who make the guild look bad. They calls and blocks when die in a fair fights.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

I must say that I totally agree with you - I said this exact same thing to a friend last night.

Since the release of capture the flag, as you have said, people just use that arena to play a totally different game and in that game flags are totally irrelevant. It is impossible to capture a flag in the true sense of the game where each team would be coordinating itself to achieve the main objective of being the first to capture 5 flags and win the game.

Current ways to get flags in ctf are:

- Join or create a "flagging room" where players from each team alternate running with a flag so that 8 flags are taken and then someone ends the game. (In this situation you will not always be "allowed" to participate in flagging ).

- Enter a game and do not participate in the combat, just flag. If the people in the room are nice they will leave you to flag around the edge of the room while they fight you then leave the room after you have flagged 4 times so as not to end the game.

Both of the above are not guaranteed, and you will only be "allowed" to flag if the people on the other team decide that you aren't powerful enough to do anything about them farming you while everyone else in the room flags.

Having those achievement points still around supports an expectation that a well rounded player has;

-completed all of the PVE maps quests challenges
    -achieved a high number of pve kills
    -acquired items of all levels and a variety of pets
    -worked their way through all levels and in game campaigns
    -been part a guild and used the auction house
    -worked in pvp and achieved kills
    ;
    -has been kindly deemed worthy by certain members of the community of being allowed to run backwards and forwards 10,000 times between point A and B.
    < < < This should not be honoured by STS as being a required part of the game.

Removing the flag achievement points, or even keeping the APs and having them grant a title but no actual points, while leaving the flag leaderboard seems like a solution which makes sense for the whole community.

This should be accompanied by adding more achievements which actually encourage healthy participation in and use of the game, rather than APs which encourage bullying and for the vast majority of players will require them to endure an extremely negative and unenjoyable game experience for a prolonged period of time.
    Last edited by Dalmony; 03-22-2015 at 08:21 AM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Very unlikely, i pvp a lot so i get a glimpse of your demise but 1 flag per 3 hours?! How?
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I've played this game as long as anyone, and have put in as much total hours as probably anyone since this game was released. I made the Top Sorcerers leaderboard in seasons 2-5. But I was stupid and last year I didn't make an effort to reach 5k or 10k flags back when flagging was easy. It just seemed totally boring.

In season 6 I got knocked off the leaderboard even though I have every other achievement besides 5k & 10k flags. So now the only way I can return to the Top Sorcerers leaderboard is to reach 5k flags. I need 1330 more flags to reach 5k. So 2 weeks ago I decided that I would worry about nothing else between now and the end of the expansion and spend all my time flagging....

Unfortunately that hasn't turned out so well. For example, tonight I played for 3 hours and got a grand total of 1 flag. It's really hard for us sorcerers, and when you enter a CTF room, you get ganged. I'm in Karma and even still I get ganged. It's pretty much impossible to get to the flag and make it back alive. So in 2 weeks of playing at least an hour per day, I got around 20 flags total. At that pace, I'm sure the game will have been discontinued before I would reach 5k.

Is it hopeless to even bother at this point? If I'm unable to compete for the leaderboard, I'd become very bored and look for another game instead where I can still compete. I feel like I've put in so much time in this game over 2 years, it's a shame that one single area holds me back from making the leaderboard.

Since nobody really plays CTF anymore (they just use the CTF room to play a completely different kind of game), I suggest removing the flag achievements. Keep the flags leaderboards for those players who still like to flag, but there's no reason to make it part of the achievement formula used for the "Top Players" leaderboard.
    The fox wanted to eat the grapes but it couldn't reach them so it said they were sour...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladysophie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

This has been suggested many times, but STS doesn't listen. CTF is capture the flag, not letting everyone get achievements. People always rage when I kill a flagger, but there is no rule saying I cant.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to obee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

flagging is not that hard....u just have to wait for your turn....i dont know for mages but my warrior got flags nice....and i was not even from a big guild....i was the only active member of my guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I respect the guy who created this thread so much because he ACTUALLY does it the right way. My suggestion is to PLAY ctf which means get a team and kill enemy players instead of just running for the flag (I don't know how you do it) you know how it's supposed to be played. And also if you get ganged gang back as you said your in karma get guild mates to help you. Instead of doing it what you have probably learned witch is do it fair, free flag, fair fights, etc, do it my way which is funner and people who are just geared will suck at it. Doing it fair means best geared wins but my way requires strategy which is something I truly love about a game which makes it fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

what is your way of playing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    Very unlikely, i pvp a lot so i get a glimpse of your demise but 1 flag per 3 hours?! How?
    Wel if i want to flag in pvp a very nice rouges comes bam aimed and i can start over and iver and over and i geus he has the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

As many of you have probably seen me in PvP, I tend to not call my guild for help unless I'm getting ganged. But even then, the game turns into a clash and nobody can flag. I'd either like to join a game where players work together to flag, or else be able to flag while the clash is going on (I'd prefer the first option). But neither of these happen anymore, so it is a dead end.

STS either needs to change the incentives so that teams want to win the game and reach 5 flags, or else they need to eliminate these achievements. How is it that the max flagging achievement is the same number required as the max PvP kills achievement (also 10k)?? In a typical CTF game I've seen players get 50+ kills. If they are going to have 5k and 10k flag achievements, then they should have PvP kills achievements up to 100k, and PvE kills achievements up to 1m. If they did that, then at least I would have other achievements to work on. But I'm at the point where the only one left to do is pretty much impossible for me, so I get bored. Good thing Call of Champions is coming soon... I suspect if nothing changes I will be hoping over to that game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I have nothing helpful to add. But i really want to say ive always wondered why people dont use ctf room to actually play ctf.. that was beyond fun in pl. It also adds that different edge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

I get soloed by the players pets... not even ganged