Thread: Just a thought

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default Just a thought

If two people are reading each others minds, wouldn't they be reading there own minds?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

No, they're still reading the other person's mind.

Kind of like how if I traded my dollar bill for your dollar bill, I still traded my dollar bill to you, even though it's basically the same thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMoustache View Post
    No, they're still reading the other person's mind.

Kind of like how if I traded my dollar bill for your dollar bill, I still traded my dollar bill to you, even though it's basically the same thing.
    but.t.t.ttt if P1 is reading P2 then P1 is reading P2 read P1 mind who is reading P2 who is reading P1 who is reading P2 who.... so on so forth, an endless cycle, so the OP is right to some length
    BestChuck Inflated, Vonc Overrated, Flashx Outdated, TSM Eliminated!
    Woooo Gabevizzle 😜💙

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Groaning For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I suspect, that if brains were dynamite,
    neither could blow their nose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    936 Posts

If I read your mind while still consciously thinking about what you're thinking, and you happen to be reading my mind, then you'd be reading my thoughts on what you're thinking while also what you're thinking, and I'm also thinking about what you're thinking about my thoughts on what you're thinking and what you're thinking. It'd be a never ending flux of overlapping thoughts that I'm sure will sound worse than 10,000,000 jets simultaneously taking off from 1 foot away. Imagine being in a mirror room. You see infinite reflections inside reflections inside the same reflections. The human brain doesn't have the mental capacity to perceive these mind-reading messages all at once, so they would be practically ignored from the brain shutting off those signals to prevent any damage to itself. Much like if you severely injure your leg, you won't feel the pain as intensely as you should, because the brain mutes those pain signals to keep you from suffering.

So if we all really could read minds, we wouldn't know, because our minds aren't perceiving the never-ending flux of messages from other people reading our minds. I could be reading your mind right now, and I wouldn't hear it and neither of us would know it.

Our minds are capable of far more than our physical brain can handle.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prynce View Post
    If I read your mind while still consciously thinking about what you're thinking, and you happen to be reading my mind, then you'd be reading my thoughts on what you're thinking while also what you're thinking, and I'm also thinking about what you're thinking about my thoughts on what you're thinking and what you're thinking. It'd be a never ending flux of overlapping thoughts that I'm sure will sound worse than 10,000,000 jets simultaneously taking off from 1 foot away. Imagine being in a mirror room. You see infinite reflections inside reflections inside the same reflections. The human brain doesn't have the mental capacity to perceive these mind-reading messages all at once, so they would be practically ignored from the brain shutting off those signals to prevent any damage to itself. Much like if you severely injure your leg, you won't feel the pain as intensely as you should, because the brain mutes those pain signals to keep you from suffering.

So if we all really could read minds, we wouldn't know, because our minds aren't perceiving the never-ending flux of messages from other people reading our minds. I could be reading your mind right now, and I wouldn't hear it and neither of us would know it.

are u some famous doctor that i dont know about... or did u just google it?
    Woooo Gabevizzle 😜💙

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    936 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oeskaiab View Post
    Nope and nope. I just used my understanding of how the brain works and my logic haha :P

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

it depends on whether you mean all the information in the brain, or just the thoughts at the particular moment
    if the former, two people can read each other's minds at the same time without coming in the other's way
    if the latter, that would be like a pair of mirrors facing each other

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oeskaiab:2096868
    Quote Originally Posted by Prynce View Post

It just requires some basic knowledge and common sense. This whole thread is theoretical, after all.
    ya YEET

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Laar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Laar View Post
    It just requires some basic knowledge and common sense. This whole thread is theoretical, after all.
    this applies to me but, why is it called common sense when many people do not possess it, and im not sure that i would know that if u had your brain with that much junk it would go ka-boom
    Woooo Gabevizzle 😜💙