Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Again locked thread?

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Thanks Maarkus, and much respect for being in another crazy industry. Another way to understand expectations of individual replies is to realize that we sometimes get at ~ a post per minute here. In any given day there are hundreds, if not thousands of new posts. As CEO, I have the luxury of hanging out here with you guys, but many of the core development staff have actual work to do during the day and may miss the fluid conversations that take place. We encourage all our devs to participate with you here, but they are head's down on other things as well. That being said, if you PM me a link to your latest thread with questions about your one-year-issue I will make sure I get eyes on it.

Best,

- Gary
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Thanks Maarkus, and much respect for being in another crazy industry. Another way to understand expectations of individual replies is to realize that we sometimes get at ~ a post per minute here. In any given day there are hundreds, if not thousands of new posts. As CEO, I have the luxury of hanging out here with you guys, but many of the core development staff have actual work to do during the day and may miss the fluid conversations that take place. We encourage all our devs to participate with you here, but they are head's down on other things as well. That being said, if you PM me a link to your latest thread with questions about your one-year-issue I will make sure I get eyes on it.

Best,

- Gary
    Thank you for the reply and noted.

Ive sent the PM as suggsted.

-Maarkus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post

Best,

- Gary
    Any hint on this very delicate and important issue about skill update? This game is massive and has reach maturity but 2+ years now, can we be optimistic that we'll get a skill revamped/update this year?
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Maarkus View Post
    Noted.
    So we must accept that certain things cannot be fixed within 2years.

i work in the interior fitout and construction field where projects like villas, retail unit and offices have to be delivered in a tight time frame to specification ... Yes situations do change everyday ... Just as a backgrounder but indeed irrelevant to AL but as the principle of delivering at a deadline is accross fields

regarding that one year thread... Posts were done constructively but the issue is its not addressed so i guess the real thing im waiting for sts to say is 'we dont know when we will fix it but we will ' ... To be honest thats a hard line for any client to accept (especially in my field)

I guess my main mistake is to expect that i deserve an answer when in reality we technically dont... I mean this is sts property right... So in effect we should just be grateful at all if sts does address the issues found in the game

Thanks for reading, it is much appreciated
    Well said!

+1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maarkus View Post
    Noted.
    So we must accept that certain things cannot be fixed within 2years.

i work in the interior fitout and construction field where projects like villas, retail unit and offices have to be delivered in a tight time frame to specification ... Yes situations do change everyday ... Just as a backgrounder but indeed irrelevant to AL but as the principle of delivering at a deadline is accross fields

regarding that one year thread... Posts were done constructively but the issue is its not addressed so i guess the real thing im waiting for sts to say is 'we dont know when we will fix it but we will ' ... To be honest thats a hard line for any client to accept (especially in my field)

I guess my main mistake is to expect that i deserve an answer when in reality we technically dont... I mean this is sts property right... So in effect we should just be grateful at all if sts does address the issues found in the game

Thanks for reading, it is much appreciated
    Yes, that is exactly the feeling, that I have...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I have been doing an insane amount of complaining here lately. To the point where i thought my statements might cross the line into flaming but all my remarks stayed up. I don't think they are here to censor anything but more to conduct preventative maintenance. We all suffer a bit from a "mob mentality" regarding how we feel about certain things ig. When we see ppl sharing a similar stance on a hot topic it can cause a frenzy. I wasnt happy to see someone's post on sunsets and happy trails get removed, but i also didn't see what caused the deletion of the thread. Lets just try to drive our point home more with our heads and not our hearts. I will say that the state of the game currently is dire and tbh, i think the mods here have been doing a good job of allowing us to express ourselves however frustrated we may be. Post smart, dont go rambo thinking a mod is going to see it and say, oh well this guy means business, let's get right on that.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gorecaster For This Useful Post:

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #27
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gorecaster View Post
    We all suffer a bit from a "mob mentality" regarding how we feel about certain things ig. When we see ppl sharing a similar stance on a hot topic it can cause a frenzy.
    Exactly. That is precisely why we moderate. Appreciate your understanding of the issue.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

But you also have to understand Justg is that, although on one side I understand the vague answers on some of our most "hot topics", on the other side you also have to understand that sometimes it brings a sentiment like we are just here to fill your pockets and that is all.

I also understand, althought I dont agree on how it seems it is being managed, that you guys have a lot going on with the new game development/marketing campaign. But bear with me on this one just for a moment, I'm not trying to rant or anything here, but if we take a close look at how your business seems to be conducted, we can assume (as I said before, I'm a consultant, I know that on a professional relationship we should never assume things, it is misleading) that AL will be just one more page on your portfolio, like previous games before AL became.

Now, you might be thinking, it's just a game guys, we are launching a new better one. Remember that although it is just a game, the social component is huge. I can say for sure that I made friends - even thought I probably will never meet them - in this game, that we had fun playing and when we look at how things seems to be done, we can assume that sooner or later AL - the place where we get to meet fabulous ppl and have fun together - will become just an entry on your portfolio. Bug fixing, although is a good thing, shouldn't come this late, talking from what I experienced on my professional life and I might and hope to be wrong here, I saw that when people where closing the door. Make the product stable, deliver and do the ocasional maintenance. Always happened in a similar time when something new was becoming their focus and the company didn't have the necessary workforce to work on both. As I said, it is an assumption, as a consultant I know we should never do such a thing but here I'm not a consultant, just a "client".

That's why we might write more with our "heart" sometimes than with our "head". I did my fair share of rant. I wasn't feeling like quiting for the reasons above explained and felt that AL was being left aside which led to that.

I do hope you don't take this as a rant, I quited playing so I have no more reason to do so. I'm just pointing out the reasons that are leading to all this complaining at forums. I still think that some easy things like a 5th skill upgrade along with the fixing the current skills will bring balance back to all classes in PVE/PVP and I also agree with a post that Candylicks made that right now Farmers need a bone and as far as I can be of some help, I'll keep trying to do some constructive inputs in this forum.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ueveotadeo For This Useful Post: