Thread: What to do when the mage doesn't take advantage of a bear's beckon?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Archers require little sill besides thorn walling the minute mobs are where they should be and killing things like GF's chests. Mages need to multi task, and Bears need to be good at CC, and be able to know where their buttons are without looking. Ohh and have a but ton of potions if that counts as skill The thing is though, a fail mage you can get away with, a fail bird is even easier to put up with. But a fail bear is the end of your group.. That added pressure to perform makes them harder to play IMO.
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobane View Post
    Archers require little sill besides thorn walling the minute mobs are where they should be and killing things like GF's chests. Mages need to multi task, and Bears need to be good at CC, and be able to know where their buttons are without looking. Ohh and have a but ton of potions if that counts as skill The thing is though, a fail mage you can get away with, a fail bird is even easier to put up with. But a fail bear is the end of your group.. That added pressure to perform makes them harder to play IMO.
    Wait...what? Archers require no skill besides throwing thorn wall? What PL planet did you just teleport in off of? Good archers are extreme multi-tasking, almost on the level of mages and staying alive, re-targeting, trying to set up combos, and oh yeah staying alive to keep dishing out damage.

And I disagree, Phar...when I am on my mage, I am constantly checking surroundings, trying not to blow barrels or vents on people, as well as spam healing, buffing and debuffing when I should be, auto-attack, etc. My eyeballs about fall out my head trying to do all that on the mage. And it is the same on the archer....constantly stringing attacks/combos, health and mana pots to be effective, not blast shotting a fire trap when someone is on top of it. That said, you are a very good mage, have played with you several times so this was not pointed at you or any of the better mages out there....it is at the random ones who seem to be wandering around doing odd things, or doing nothing mage-like, and being generally ineffective.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 03-19-2011 at 10:13 PM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage