Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What to do when the mage doesn't take advantage of a bear's beckon?

Plasticuproject

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    I'm currently leveling my bird and to my increasing annoyance, I find myself when I am playing in random games where people don't seem to coordinate very well. There is a "noob" bear perception, but I have found that in the sewers, the proportion of bears that seem to tank properly is greater than in any other level of Pocket Legends. I haven't witnessed as many bears that run into the middle of a crowd and stomp the mob all over the place. Nor have I witnessed as much beckon "pinball" as before.

However, the problem is often not the bear, it is the mage. Now that I am not playing mage as much, and levelling my bird, I have found that often when a reasonably skilled bear plays, the other players seem to fail to realize what has happened when there is a competent bear player. The bear has just beckoned the entire enemy group of perhaps 5-15, taunted it, and possibly stomped (smashed) them into a wall. Yet I have found that there are many mages who do not open fire immediately with fire blast/hot flash and lightning, nor do they debuff (seeing so many possible targets that could be affected).

What to do as bird and bear? It seems that this is not an uncommon occurrence. I have tried casting thorn wall and blast shot/cruel blast, but it this is not anywhere nearly as effective as an int mage unloading everything they have.
    Play with better mages, like me ;-)

Plasticuproject

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Also, just remembered something. I play all three classes quite commonly, so I feel the frustration of each class just as much as you guys do.

On my bear, I notice that I find myself doing my job, then sitting around waiting for other people to do theirs. I also start noticing things around my environment that I don't on my mage. I'm not gonna say bears have a easy job, cuz they don't. Their job is.. hmm.. how to phrase this.. clear and fast. That is exactly opposite for mages. Mages have very long and busy jobs to do, nearly 24/7 button and potion smashing. I hardly even notice my surroundings on my mage. My eyes are pretty much glued to my spells, my auto attack, my potions, my health and mana and the status of my party on the side list. It is a very dull and boring job. I hardly even notice things going on the screen, other then when my hp drops, a spell cools down, or someone needs revved.

So that being, us mages sometimes are really busy doing several things at once and wont notice players at all, let alone bears beckoning.
    Nicely put Pharcyde.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticuproject View Post
    Play with better mages, like me ;-)
    Deuican = pro mage. I've run with him quite a bit recently, definitely one of my favorite mages to have in my party. Most mages I meet/run with are extremely skilled, but I do meet the occasional one that refuses to heal/rev ( usually pallies "I'm DPS, other mages can heal", I've seriously heard that multiple times.). A big annoyance of mine is birds/mages that root/freeze before I can beckon and group mobs together.
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Plasticuproject

Quote Originally Posted by skavenger216 View Post
    Deuican = pro mage. I've run with him quite a bit recently, definitely one of my favorite mages to have in my party. Most mages I meet/run with are extremely skilled, but I do meet the occasional one that refuses to heal/rev ( usually pallies "I'm DPS, other mages can heal", I've seriously heard that multiple times.). A big annoyance of mine is birds/mages that root/freeze before I can beckon and group mobs together.
    Haha thanks for getting my name out there skavenger! Maybe now people won't boot me from PUGs because they don't know who I am **coughs**redryder**coughs**
    J/K

I think just you and I could have cleared that map as fast as the party that joined part way though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticuproject View Post

I think just you and I could have cleared that map as fast as the party that joined part way though.
    Oh most definitely, we were one shotting practically every mob i pulled with our combos.
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Yes, nothing annoys me more while on my bear to taunt/beckon then stomp an entire group of 3-10 mobs against a wall, and a random mage (none on this thread so far) just stands there and auto-attacks.

Speaking of that...what annoys me even more are people being careless with their AoE attacks that set off live traps; there are a large number of players completely oblivious to this. I go way out of my way not to taunt or stomp near live traps for the benefit of all of the party (boom) but I see tons of - sorry to pick mostly on mages here - of mages just letting loose with fireblast in heavy trap areas. I asked one 54 to be careful pls, and the response was "Why? What do you mean?"

/facepalm then explained.....
    You know, this has become my biggest annoyance, too. As Urrsus, I was in a Catacombs game when a 55 bear taunted next to a firetrap, killing both of us. He had xp and a ratio that made me think he was pretty experienced. I mentioned to him to be cautious of that. He responded with an LOL and booted me, "Sry man"

ACK!

So now, unless I know the players, I'll almost never cross a firepit with a group. But to be fair, until I started to spend more time in these forums and ran the maps with you guys I wasn't aware of those common pitfalls. Hopefully in time more players will be aware of the same, sooner for the rest of our sake.
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Since this thread is still alive I just want to let a few people know of why mages don't do combos in catacombs, Roach and Goblin. Those little gooey mobs are immune to our freeze, so that means no combos other than nature strike and also most bosses are either immune or highly resistant, been this one of the reasons I use frostbite then ice storm before fireblast. But naturestrike is a very powerful combo, so practice it with fellow birds.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

There's nothing more than I hate than a Mage that doesn't to their job (stomp bears come close though). It's weird though since I'm not a tank but I tank anyway.

I absolutely can't stand when mages dont heal me when I'm taking the hits for them. I always feel compelled to say "the least you guys could do is keep me alive so I could take even more hits for you..."

Suckin noob mages

-------AEO-------