I'm currently leveling my bird and to my increasing annoyance, I find myself when I am playing in random games where people don't seem to coordinate very well. There is a "noob" bear perception, but I have found that in the sewers, the proportion of bears that seem to tank properly is greater than in any other level of Pocket Legends. I haven't witnessed as many bears that run into the middle of a crowd and stomp the mob all over the place. Nor have I witnessed as much beckon "pinball" as before.

However, the problem is often not the bear, it is the mage. Now that I am not playing mage as much, and levelling my bird, I have found that often when a reasonably skilled bear plays, the other players seem to fail to realize what has happened when there is a competent bear player. The bear has just beckoned the entire enemy group of perhaps 5-15, taunted it, and possibly stomped (smashed) them into a wall. Yet I have found that there are many mages who do not open fire immediately with fire blast/hot flash and lightning, nor do they debuff (seeing so many possible targets that could be affected).

What to do as bird and bear? It seems that this is not an uncommon occurrence. I have tried casting thorn wall and blast shot/cruel blast, but it this is not anywhere nearly as effective as an int mage unloading everything they have.