Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seasonal leaderboards!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Seasonal leaderboards!

Hey everyone I just wanted to make a reminder thread about the seasonal leaderboards. Since the expansion is near and sneek peeks are coming out each week I want to make sure sts understands that we have been wanting seasonal leaderboards for a while now I've have read many threads about the leaderboards and I came across one where sts said they will keep season 7 the same so will season 8 have a all time leaderboard and a seasonal. I really hope season 8 has a seasonal leaderboard we have been wanting it for seasons and many of us can't get on the all time leaderboard because it's full of the same players that clog it up and rage of rengol would be a great place to start season 8 which I believe is already getting released then so why not add a seasonal leaderboard for us players that have a equal chance every season to get on the seasonal leaderboard and if there is going to be a seasonal leaderboard could we get some sort of sneek peak? :-)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redezyx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

+1 million.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This has been requested a lot hopefully its out next season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Yeah... Hope to see a seasonal lb as well
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Apprently all the threads about adding a seasonal lb has been ignored by sts who knows why there's +1000 people maybe way more that think it should get implemented but sts stills ignores it. It's one of the most requested things ever wanted in AL besides a pvp change. I would be very disappointed if it weren't to get released with season 8

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

+1!

Who the noodles could get 1m kills without botting these days? ._.

For God's SAKE! lvl 15 armor and helm (rare) for tank
    The guy who scored 4m 20s 420ms in Elite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

This is one of this things which is technically and morally difficult to implement.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    This is one of this things which is technically and morally difficult to implement.
    Only thing they have to do is reset the lb in an update of the end of each season isnt that hard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Difficult but it's been wanted for seasons so technically it wouldn't be diffcult to implement if they listened to the community about 1-2 years ago I know many people who are going to quit if there isn't a seasonal lb next season i myself haven't decided yet but now it's a waiting game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nevercan View Post
    Only thing they have to do is reset the lb in an update of the end of each season isnt that hard
    Hard to do it now as I reckon it will create more problems in terms of human responses

and creating a overall and seasonal LB is just wrong, they might as well increase the current LB to 50 but this is a short term solution.

I cant imagine having the overall exist while the seasonal be wiped each end - its going to be like a 50 spot lb (presuming the overal 25 and seasonal 25) those on seasonal will always be wiped.

Now for the overalls there wont be a problem, as they just have to maintain to be there and no need to compete each season.

___

Re-starting the LB as in wiped everything to 0 could be a make-it or breakt-it scenario.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Not really, since it would be in addition to the all-time leaderboards. Nothing difficult or morally questionable about that.

They have seasonal leaderboards in another STS game, I understand, so it's not like they don't know how.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

How could it make it a break it scenario if that's going to already happen if it doesn't get implemented I've asked 100's of people in the past week about seasonal leaderboards and most said they were looking forward to it as if it was going to get released for sure most of the twinks that I asked are going to be very disappointed if it's not implemented so I don't understand how it's going to be a big issue or break it scenario cause it will happen even if it's not implemented

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Just make sure seasonal lbs are separated from twinks if they do. Endgame pvp warriors struggle for kills (both because other classes get more kills and there are hardly any fight rooms in ctf)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I agree with ravager I was going to include it but forgot about it the seasonal lb should be divided into end game twinks otherwise twinks will be ruling it every season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Why is it morally difficult to implement? I think it's more "morally difficult" to have the leaderboard clogged full of people who used exploits which no longer exist (or botting) to rack up their kills, thus rendering actually impossible for people who joined in later seasons to make it on there..

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carmine_blade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carmine_blade View Post
    Why is it morally difficult to implement? I think it's more "morally difficult" to have the leaderboard clogged full of people who used exploits which no longer exist (or botting) to rack up their kills, thus rendering actually impossible for people who joined in later seasons to make it on there..
    Morality (from the Latin moralitas "manner, character, proper behavior") is the differentiation of intentions, decisions, and actions between those that are good or right and those that are bad or wrong.

Maybe this definition from wikipedia can best answer it.

__

Again IMO decision like this should be made pre-game launch or at least before season 2, not season 8 - if ever then the time-gap would be regretfully long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Why? Don't people who are starting the game now deserve an equal shot at the leaderboard, as those who got their spots 3 seasons ago and stopped playing? The latter would keep their spots with an "all time" version of the boards, but people who are actually playing THIS season should all have an equal chance to compete.

For example: a warrior in my guild runs kraag 4 for a minimum of 4 hours every day, and has all season. Yet he has no chance to get on the pve kills leaderboard, because those spots were locked up when STS took away camp boulder kills, and any other fast-gain pve zones.

Someone like Boss (just an example) quit after season 5, yet got a kills banner for season 6 and will still get a pve kills banner for season 7. Sure he earned the right to recognition, but was not a top killer for season 6 or 7 - he killed nothing at all those seasons, so how can he be recognized as such? (Note that I have no issues with Boss, there are many names this applies to, I just picked hm because his story is well known).

It comes down to this question: How can it possibly be right for the warrior running 4-6 hours a day, every day of season 7, to be unable to win a banner because it goes to someone who never even logged in?

Adding seasonal leaderboards would solve this issue, and also give end-gamers a huge reason to keep playing all season, rather than just the start and the end - no matter when they started the game.
    Last edited by Serancha; 03-29-2015 at 06:17 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

SEAONAL LEADERBOARDS > almost every competition all over the world, every kind of sport and also many games are divided into seasons. It is one of the most natural things on earth, so bring it for new season is a must lol 7 seasons to late!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Serancha is correct now end gamers have nothing to and as soon as the expansion releases after a couple of months everyone will be back to being bored so why not add a seasonal lb to keep them busy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Sorry for asking this but what season are we on and when is it going to end?