Thread: respec to pally at level 50, worth?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default respec to pally at level 50, worth?

is it better to respec at 50 or wait till level 55 to get fury set?

regarding level 50 pally equipment, which set is better for pally? rift or hate? the differences ?

thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

At level 50, hate is probably the best set for mages. At level 55, fury pallys are well, overpowered. Stats-wise, compare here (from Yanis):

Guardian's Armor of Hate Req: Level 50, 157 Str 12 Str, 5% Hit, 5% Crit, 3 H/s, 2 M/s, 6 Damage, 49 Armor [From Shadow Anubis & others, 5th Cave]
    Guardian's Helmet of Hate Req: Level 50, 157 Str 12 Str, 5% Hit, 5% Crit, 3 H/s, 2 M/s, 6 Damage, 32 Armor [From the Shadow Lord & others, 4th Cave]
    Guardian Battlesword Set Guardian's Helmet of Hate, Guardian's Armor of Hate, Guardian's Battlesword of Hate +3 Crit, +2 M/s, +8 Damage
    Guardian's Kite Shield of Hate Req: Level 50, 158 Str 12 Str, 5% Hit, 5% Crit, 3 H/s, 2 M/s, 6 Damage, 37 Armor [From the Shadow Witch & Shadow Demon, 3rd Cave]
    Shadow Hax of Hate Req: Level 50, 158 Str 85-94 Damage, 0.8 Speed, 12 Str, 5% Hit, 5% Crit, 3 H/s, 2 M/s, 7 Armor [From The Dark Archer, 1st Cave]
    Guardian Hax Set Guardian's Helmet of Hate, Guardian's Armor of Hate, Shadow Hax of Hate, Guardian's Kite Shield of Hate +3 Dodge, +1 H/s, +9 Armor

With:

Fury Fighter's Gemstone Plate Req: Level 55, 173 Str 12 Str, 6% Dodge, 6 H/s, 6 M/s, 58 Armor Levels: 51, 53, 55 [From Gold Fever]
    Fury Fighter's Gemstone Helm Req: Level 55, 173 Str 12 Str, 6% Dodge, 6 H/s, 6 M/s, 34 Armor Levels: 51, 53, 55 [From Bandit King & Queen, Gold Fever]
    Fury Fighter's Gemstone Shield Req: Level 55, 173 Str 12 Str, 6% Dodge, 6 H/s, 6 M/s, 47 Armor Levels: 51, 53, 55 [From Bandit King & Queen]
    Fury Fighter's Gemstone Sword Req: Level 55, 173 Str 112-120 Damage, 1.0 Speed, 12 Str, 6% Dodge, 6 H/s, 6 M/s, 10 Armor Levels: 51, 53, 55 [From Trash Heap]
    Fury Fighter Gemstone Sword Set Fury Fighter's Gemstone Plate, Fury Fighter's Gemstone Helm, Fury Fighter's Gemstone Sword, Fury Fighter's Gemstone Shield + 6 H/s, +6 M/s, +2 Armor

I'd say that for pallys, fury fighter wins for its superior durability, although damage will be somewhat reduced. Another consideration is that the fury has significantly more mana regen, so fury wins overall by far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It really depends on what your doing. PvE or PvP. For PvP, then yes, Fury set is probably the best since you have great regen and armour. For PvE, The HUGE donwfall of fury is the fact that your hit percentage is lowered greatly, and your damage/dps is lower as well making it very frustrating when trying to clear mobs. For PvE (or farming), it's been recommended that a pally should use Rooter's equipment (Orange Sewer Drops) since it has high hit percentage. Yes, you lose armour and some regen, but for PvE, you want to clear fast, ESPECIALLY if you have xp pots, etc. Personally, i have found that mixing hate and fury is the best combination for maximum results since you get the hit, crit and dmg from the hate and you get armour and regen from the fury.

As for being lvl 50, Hate is your best option and for respecing to a pally, IMO, it is probably best done at 50 since you can take advantage of the set bonuses at that level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Whatever happened to all the rift loving loonies lol yes hate is the best set you can get until some fury hate hybrid.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    Whatever happened to all the rift loving loonies lol yes hate is the best set you can get until some fury hate hybrid.
    have you seen me pull a truckload of mobs with fury? Fury rapes all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supersteak View Post
    i guess respec to pally @ level 55 is better? what's your base strenght without equipment?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

132, making my int like 148?. You could go in the 120s range but you wont be able to dual spec or ever take off your gears, and it would cost plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At 55 Ive found a hate set to still provide the best all around stats for my playing style. I think though you can really customize your gear depending on how you play your pally. If you plan on tanking a lot then Fury set is going to be great for you. Otherwise I find it way overpriced, and have found that a Hate set or even a combo of Hate, Rooters and bellows can get you better overall numbers. Its going to be trial and error until you find what works best for you. I think I have bought and sold a fury set at least 3 times now, and in the end have come right back around to Hate set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I used Rift up to 55 and it held up fine too, even for my really aggressive Catacomb rushing style. The extra 50 hp on the rift set helps on a mage.

If you were gonna respec to paladin at 55 anyway, you might as well do it now and gain some extra survivability for the grind, especially if you're planning to use xp pots. I played as paladin on my main for the leveling and changed to pure mage at 56. Hate getting killed with a 6k pot...
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That will be fine to respec to pally for better survivability so it will be worth if you want this

but for pulling a truckload of mobs! that is pointless and you just lose many advantages being a mage

however, it is barely to see mage dies with mega mage wand and bracer set
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg
    Kids, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel
    I look at people as equals until they give me a reason to frown upon them. Not implying that me, other PL shield winners, or any GOA think themselves to be better then other people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I play a hybrid with both full fury fighter and mega mage sets. I can empathize to what Kalielle said since if you draw aggro as a mage in the Sewers; you're just a couple hits away from death.

I'm a huge fan of the FF armor since I can take a beating and not die. While I have always been 1-OFFENSE, 2-OFFENSE, 3-DEFENSE in my thinking, I have really come around to value what you get from the FF set. Nothing matches its defensive prowess...if you find yourself wanting more offensive stats; then maybe you should consider staying a pure INT mage for the high nuke factor.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I've had the pleasure of playing a few rounds with Clusterstorm and Subterraneous and saw them just rush and pull ahead. Normally Catacombs would bog down most average groups but they cut through that map like a white-hot knife through butter! I'd like to learn to play your aggressive playstyles.

It's enough to dust off my retired mage and respec'd her as a dual-spec Pally and gave her my bear's Fury set.
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neko View Post
    I've had the pleasure of playing a few rounds with Clusterstorm and Subterraneous and saw them just rush and pull ahead. Normally Catacombs would bog down most average groups but they cut through that map like a white-hot knife through butter! I'd like to learn to play your aggressive playstyles.

It's enough to dust off my retired mage and respec'd her as a dual-spec Pally and gave her my bear's Fury set.
    Thanks Urrsus, you're fun to play with as well. I like playing with experienced players in my groups.
    Subterraneous - level 56 elf (Sub)
    Predadactyl - level 56 bird (Pred)
    Kodiaktic - level 40 bear (Kodi)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neko View Post

I have seen at least one pure int mage, who can run ahead of the main group: Onameazalur. I've been trying to be more aggressive with my mage as well.