Thread: Guild Tips/Activities/Games from your friendly neighborhood shadow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Guild Tips/Activities/Games from your friendly neighborhood shadow

Hey guys its Theshadowxxx here,
    I don't play anymore, I just stop by to see if I know any old veterans online. With the game in its current state, I figured id mention a few things I used to do in my guilds to pass the time. While you probably have done some of these activities already in your guilds, I figured Id still post them here for those that haven't. Before I get into the games and such I do want to mention that keeping your guild active and alive is keeping it social. If the guild chat is dead, in most cases, so is your guild. While it would be great to just expect your members to talk all the time, sometimes you need to start it yourself. Talking, telling jokes, and asking how everyone is doing shows life. It makes them feel apart of the group rather then just a name in a list.

So... ya, anyways, here is some of the activities I did:

Guild Walls: I believe this was started by phoniex or maybe even a guild before that but this was a great form of bonding within the guild. They can be spontaneous or planned. You call your members and pick a place like blackstar, and line up in a vertical line next to each other. While this may seem like a waist of time, don't we randomly stand in bases anyway? why not do it together? While standing there it shows 1. That your active 2. that your a close group 3. Its great for recruiting. I did these on blackstar, on the bridge in numa, by the entrance of the room in commando deck, and even in the guild hall. Its a great form of morale, and I believe was an important part for my guild

Guild Campaign Races: This was always fun. The goal of the game is to start on a certain map and work your way to another. For example we would have a race from the first part of blackstar to the end of voleria. You kill all guys in each map and then move on to another. We would make teams of 3 in a locked game and possibly have a 4th player to watch to see if they killed everything . This was a great way to 1. level up certain lower levels that needed the xp. 2. bonding/team building exercise. 3. It was a great thing to have them look forward to. You could offer a reward for the first team that made it or like have them pay a small amount of credits to join and the wining team gets the pot.

Actual Races: I got into this idea pretty late . You basically pick a map, I used commando deck mostly, and run around it. For example: We would start at the back wall of the room in commando deck. you would have a ref count down. once he said go the players would run out of the room and start lapping the deck. each time around the circle was a lap and we did 3 laps. once the laps were done you run back to the wall and the first one back wins. You can do tournaments and what ever . It was a fun game.

Hide and Alt: This was like a big game of hide in seek. Basically you make a random alt/character with a specific name. you tell the guild what the name they are looking for is. The person will hide anywhere they want in any of the open bases. Then you have the guild run around star legends looking for them. First one to find them wins. You could modify this game however you want but it was a fun little activity.

Capture the flag tournaments: have all your members meet in the guild hall. break them up into multiple different teams . Have a tournament style game of capture the flag between the different teams in a locked game. Pretty simple but was definitely a good thing to have them look forward to. I would do this on like a Saturday so they can look forward to it, and enough people show up

3 corners- This was a game in a tier 3 guild hall. Basically one person stands in a random base outside of the gh, while the rest of the guild is inside. While inside everyone picks one of the three rooms to stand in. Then the person outside says "Right, middle, or left" Who ever was in that room is out and has to leave the guild hall. Then everyone resets and picks either the same or another room. To do this you need a person inside to make sure no one cheats. It was a fun game to do, especially with a large group.

Capping parties: (This may not be fitting at the moment but ill tell ya anyway) Whenever someone capped/reached max level and went to the guy in blackstar that had the capping vanity. we would all strip to just our capping vanities and run around them . It would make them feel awkward but it was a good laugh. It also showed that we supported them in their achievement. While this wont really work now you can still do some sort of party to commemorate their achievement.

Parties: This is probably the most common thing but it really works. Scheduling a party where alot of your guild is on at once, and hanging out in the guild hall is a great form of bonding. We would fill up the guild hall and have people waiting to get in. They raised the level of chat, and we could do random activities , and mini games together. Once the party started to die you switch to another game to get them hype again. Very effective, and weekly ones are the best.

Mini Games:
    Class day: split them up in the guild hall into a room for commandos , a room for engineers, a room for operatives and hang out
    Gender day: split up the girls and the gals
    Twin day: have everyone in the clan find another person and twin with them. or have the entire clan try to wear the same thing and stand in a public place together
    All leave at once: Have everyone in the guild go in the guild hall and stand near the portal. count down and when you say go, everyone jumps onto the portal at once. Then you see where we all end up. Sometimes there's a lot of you together sometimes your all alone
    All for one: Everyone stand in each other to form a really small area with a lot of people. Then you spam emotes, powers, and guns and it looks really cool.
    WAR: You put half the guild in the right room and half the guild in the left, count down then charge each other spamming powers, guns and battle cries.

I'm sure these aren't the best activities, but in times like these we all should help each other keep our groups together. Your guild will be as good as the time you put into it. Some people achieve greatness from pure luck, but that is the minority. Most achieve it through hard work and dedication. While I am not an active player anymore I do care a lot for this game. To the old members that knew me and happen to read this, its good to see your still kicking and I wish ya the best. Now that I just finished my random words of wisdom... or at least I think its wisdom, I have to be going. Hope to see yall around blackstar.
    Sparxtan for life,
    -Shad
    Last edited by Theshadowxxxx; 03-29-2015 at 10:59 AM.

. Live . Fight . Die .

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Theshadowxxxx For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Star Legends need more people like you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts