Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Hello, please no more events in AL...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

1. Winter Event: I ran only enough to get Yowie on a few toons.
    2. Gauntlet I: Ran it hard for the first hour, found there was no loot that was worthwhile. Didn't run again.
    3. Love Event: Barely bothered to run. Made some good money off of the candies in the first couple of days though!
    4. Craftmania: Had all crafting slots doing upgrades on all toons. Didn't get too many supers, but still...
    5. Lepregoblin: Didn't bother, but the 60 seconds of added luck on goblin kills did give me reason to farm Jarl on my twink for Crates
    6. Guantlet II: Haven't put in a single run

So, for events, you take out of them what you want. If you want to grind for LB, go for it. If you see a way to make some gold off of it, go for it. If you want some of the event gear/vanities, go for it. If you aren't interested, keep farming elites.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Obviously, there is a +/- 10% margin of error
    Rolf xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Last year, after winter event, there was little to nothing going on for a few months until expansion hit. These events are just to keep us busy and hopefully not nag them while they work on expansion. So you would rather have nothing? Removing these events probably wont accelerate expansion if thats what youre aiming at.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

G-M

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

With that said I am not planning to quit the game now. Fade and I are committed to our guild and will see it through to next expansion. But coming from a veteran pve player here in the game, the boredom is really high right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

I for one don't want an expansion that's just a repeat of Tindirin. I want chain quests, layered storyline, hidden rare bosses (like Illoran maybe) that lead to more quests, dailies, nice loot table, I want something vast and sufficiently complex to keep it hot and busy for a long time. My best friends and I completed Tindirin normal in less than two hours with our xp bar barely filled and then it was just endless hours in the crypts grinding for xp. While I'm not a huge fan of the stopgap events, with the exception of the Lovecraft (Hughthulhu was so adorable), I'm hoping the time it takes the devs to work on expansion content will make it worthwhile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

So got 2 points for the fella:
    1.Learn math
    2.Don't run if you don't consider it good enough for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    Cami, I'll conduct the survey for you, but instead of asking 110 of my friends, I'll (attempt) to ask 1,000 LVL 41 players.
    I like events keeps me busy put my lvl 41 vote for yes!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Thanks for all of this great feedback guys. We appreciate it. We know that not every event is for everyone, and an expansion is always better than temporary content, but what we hope (like some have mentioned already) is that these events will give you something fun and active to do with your friends while we plug away at the expansion content. Also, these events give us a great chance to test things that we'll be using in the coming expansion, like the community goal used in Love Crafting. Everything is for a reason! We do our best to put in a little something for everyone. Farming events, leaderboard events, crafting events, collecting events. Please feel free to let us know if you have any suggestions for future events you would like to see, and we will most definitely be getting that expansion into your hands as soon as possible.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Thanks for all of this great feedback guys. We appreciate it. We know that not every event is for everyone, and an expansion is always better than temporary content, but what we hope (like some have mentioned already) is that these events will give you something fun and active to do with your friends while we plug away at the expansion content. Also, these events give us a great chance to test things that we'll be using in the coming expansion, like the community goal used in Love Crafting. Everything is for a reason! We do our best to put in a little something for everyone. Farming events, leaderboard events, crafting events, collecting events. Please feel free to let us know if you have any suggestions for future events you would like to see, and we will most definitely be getting that expansion into your hands as soon as possible.
    Thanks for the Hard work and dedication you put in those events.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Other games complain that they get ignored and no events. We complain about there being events? I for one love the events and you could have made a lot of gold during the events as long as you didn't want the items like golden wings and such. I for one love events and my favorite mini so far was ank farming! We could use another ank restocking weekend before harder elites xD

I would just like to thank STS for all the time and effort they've put into this game and the mini events. For those that complain, imagine waiting all this time without any events at all!
    Last edited by Kakashis; 04-01-2015 at 11:31 AM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I'm all for events that you can make gold from. Someone please explain the hatred for the Lovecraft event to me. I don't know about you, but I made a absolute killing.

The first night, I was able to sell candy at 4k(!!!!!!) a piece. The night the portal opened, Lovecraft chests were selling for about 4k as well (in addition to the absurd amount of gold Hugthulu dropped if you soloed him). I haven't even mentioned the part of the event where the bosses dropped ankhs, which allowed me to both load up on ankhs and cheap ankh kits.

This event was nothing short of amazing. Absolutely loved it.

More events like this please.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wazakesy View Post
    Not letting you win money?..

Er - during lovecraft the boss at least dropped 100+ gold. Every 10 runs you can get 1k

Sorry, but 10 runs to get 1K gold, is profitable? This is what STS said: "bosses drop a substantial amount of gold". I think either you are new to the game, have a lot of time on your hands, or haven't been to the CS for a long time. I mean seriously, my pet eats more than that in the time 10 runs takes.

I don't agree with cami's post, his posts are always non-constructive, but this argument in response to him is a failure when it comes to the reality of the current economy.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

If 10+9=21 86+24 does equal 100 duhhh

Also that "little" money does add up for some newer/poorer players, especially if you hard farm. I made 400k from the event so I'm not complaining lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Wish we knew a rough time line of expansion and the large events. That would actually help a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Sorry, but 10 runs to get 1K gold, is profitable? This is what STS said: "bosses drop a substantial amount of gold". I think either you are new to the game, have a lot of time on your hands, or haven't been to the CS for a long time. I mean seriously, my pet eats more than that in the time 10 runs takes.

I don't agree with cami's post, his posts are always non-constructive, but this argument in response to him is a failure when it comes to the reality of the current economy.
    When I solo, took me less than a min including teleporting and what not a run, 100-300g a run and chance at a love craft chest worth 2-3k. In 10 runs aka 10min, I was making around 10-20k depending on how many chests were dropping. The only sacrifice was my time and also them wings

In comparison, 10 runs at pt3 usually costs around 100k depending on party and pots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

We loved the 'Green Guy' event over here. He usually dropped about 100 gold each time, and those little 2 minute luck potions stacked real nice with our other luck items.

We liked the valentine event, and did it just to get those golden cupid wing vanities.

The Gauntlet isn't our cup of tea, but since we can use the quest to get to the Hauntlet when needed, we have no real issue with it, shrug.

If we don't like an event, we just play the rest of the game and ignore the event stuff, pretty straightforward.

Still fans of AL, 8^)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPrime View Post
    We loved the 'Green Guy' event over here. He usually dropped about 100 gold each time, and those little 2 minute luck potions stacked real nice with our other luck items.

We liked the valentine event, and did it just to get those golden cupid wing vanities.

The Gauntlet isn't our cup of tea, but since we can use the quest to get to the Hauntlet when needed, we have no real issue with it, shrug.

If we don't like an event, we just play the rest of the game and ignore the event stuff, pretty straightforward.

Still fans of AL, 8^)
    Exactly! For myself, after many many many dry arena runs, breeze eggs that barely cover ank usage in tombs, I'm starting to rely more and more on events to fund my elite runs! I sold over 16 dova bears during that event! My only regret was not getting more para gems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Im just returning to this game (3 days ago i think, from way way back since AL is new to industry), i think having events makes the game more fun? Making us busy doing the events, especially if you are a senior player of this game and bored to death by just killing stuffs and pvp. Let us be thankful that a game like this is still innovative with events, not like other games out there that is just plain dead (no more events). And to think that this game is running for YEARS! And up to this day, they have events, cool isn't ?

And your numbers are not the majority of the population of this game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Iam Not tired.
    If you are getting tired, just don't participate mate! Don't speak for others. We like events!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Iam Not tired.
    If you are getting tired, just don't participate mate! Don't speak for others. We like events!
    I agree

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ronell10 For This Useful Post: