Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Why won't sns be returning this season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfall View Post
    There cud a better pet coming, IMO its best if sns doesnt come back as only a handful of players can afford it, and it further bridges the gap between rich and poor.
    If there was better pets I wouldn't be so concerned, but it's been almost a year and there still is not.

To just leave the best stuff obtainable is really upsetting for many of us I believe
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

The bottom line here is end game players are switching main characters often now as the phases of nerfs and buffs continue to play out. It's a destructive cycle and it seems to have no end in sight. Sts encourages this by allowing things like reegging. Regardless of how you choose to explain it, it just doesn't make sense. Anyone knows if you crack an egg on a toon, it's stick on that toon. But as usual, the most rudimentary logistics seem to always get overlooked and it's just not fair that now it's the age of the mage so you let everyone put sns on that character to continue to be op with the same pet on another toon that got current buffage.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    They decided to discontinue SnS, like they decided to make the cap banners discontinued, like they decided to make Nightshade discontinued. I am sure Nightshade won't come back neither. If it does.. then there is a problem.
    Like Gyrm was supposed to be a discontinued pet...no, wait, that one came back.

Perhaps, Grimm, a plat exclusive during the first Halloween pet that basically became a giveaway to event runners the second Halloween?

I got it, like Snowball was a plat exclusive pet from many seasons ago...no, wait that one came back too.

Maybe pets aren't a great example....

Weapons, so like how during Ursoth, we got our first Mythic weapons, and everyone rushed to buy them.

Then another round of Mythic weapons -.-

Followed by another round >:-|

And another T.T

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Like Gyrm was supposed to be a discontinued pet...no, wait, that one came back.

Perhaps, Grimm, a plat exclusive during the first Halloween pet that basically became a giveaway to event runners the second Halloween?

I got it, like Snowball was a plat exclusive pet from many seasons ago...no, wait that one came back too.

Maybe pets aren't a great example....

Weapons, so like how during Ursoth, we got our first Mythic weapons, and everyone rushed to buy them.

Then another round of Mythic weapons -.-

Followed by another round >:-|

And another T.T
    You forgot the entire timeline of buffs and nerfs...

You know that epic history doncha?...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

I think SnS should come in locked! I think it's been such a long time since it was released and the original owners have had plenty of time to be cool and dominate PvP and LB runs, and let's face it none of the other pets have even come close to this one. But yeah it won't happen. Best thing now is to wait until all the SnS owners to quit the game and that pet to be a legend of the past.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

It'll come back, one way or another.

As Kali mentioned, just about every 'exclusive' pet has come back and people have been itching for SnS for a long time.

The current owners have had them for a year, so they've been at the top of the food chain long enough.

Give it time, very few items in this game are sacred, esp eggs.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanem View Post
    It'll come back, one way or another.

As Kali mentioned, just about every 'exclusive' pet has come back and people have been itching for SnS for a long time.

The current owners have had them for a year, so they've been at the top of the food chain long enough.

Give it time, very few items in this game are sacred, esp eggs.
    How long? it's been a year and remi just said (see my original post) that it won't be back this year...

I'd just really like them to tell us if it will ever be back... Or if there will ever be a better pet.... Or if we've been waiting around for the last year hoping and waiting in vain... And the best that AL has to offer is already done and gone.... Hehe....

Edit* Not ranting sts... That was my way of sarcastic inspiration
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

To be honest this talk about how "the leaderboard players of Ursoths Wrath 2014" worked really hard and put a lot of time in is starting to wear a little thin.

They aren't the only ones....

There are a LOT of players who invest all of their time in this game and many more who invest a great deal of money in this game, and they should all have access to the best gear, the best pets, and the best treatment from StS.

Participating in the Ursoths Wrath Lb 2014 yes it was an achievement, but to be quite frank it isn't an achievement which outshines what all of the other players have done and been doing in game ever for the past year.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

they be made craftable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaelda View Post
    How long? it's been a year and remi just said (see my original post) that it won't be back this year...

I'd just really like them to tell us if it will ever be back... Or if there will ever be a better pet.... Or if we've been waiting around for the last year hoping and waiting in vain... And the best that AL has to offer is already done and gone.... Hehe....

Edit* Not ranting sts... That was my way of sarcastic inspiration
    To be fair, they have been discontinued for the past year, so she's not wrong about that, but that post from Remiem didn't seem to denote that they would remain discontinued. js

Give them the benefit of the doubt, for now at least...
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    To be honest this talk about how "the leaderboard players of Ursoths Wrath 2014" worked really hard and put a lot of time in is starting to wear a little thin.

They aren't the only ones....

There are a LOT of players who invest all of their time in this game and many more who invest a great deal of money in this game, and they should all have access to the best gear, the best pets, and the best treatment from StS.

Participating in the Ursoths Wrath Lb 2014 yes it was an achievement, but to be quite frank it isn't an achievement which outshines what all of the other players have done and been doing in game ever for the past year.
    Yes this!!!!....

I've done many lbs as have many others and all we ever got was vanity stuff.... We don't want the top gear unobtainable anymore... I assumed that these would return on future and anniversary events, but if not that's just really frustrating.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellaelda For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanem View Post
    To be fair, they have been discontinued for the past year, so she's not wrong about that, but that post from Remiem didn't seem to denote that they would remain discontinued. js

Give them the benefit of the doubt, for now at least...
    That's why I'm asking... I'd like to know. :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    Exclusive op items like sns are a mistake. How can sts put the best items in the hands if a few people. There's people like myself who want the best items but now Remiem made a public announcement saying that will never happen. I don't think they consider how that makes everyone else feel.
    I'm all outta thanks today, but this is exactly how we all feel. My heart sank when I saw that post saying it won't be back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

It wouldn't surprise me if SNS did return in the Ursoth Event this year.
    I think Remiem just said that to try and clear the air about the whole "transferring" pets situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaelda View Post
    I'm all outta thanks today, but this is exactly how we all feel. My heart sank when I saw that post saying it won't be back.
    Mine didnt because i know i wil never be able to buy one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Dalmony hit the nail on the head there. There's no reason why a player who dedicates tens of millions of gold (or thousands of plat) during an event should win the most OP pet in the entire game. There is very little motivation for most players to farm. Sure the new event is nice, and provides some sort of incentive to farm, but looking at my friends list it seems like at least 95% of my list is inactive.

What we are all failing to realize is that these frustrations are all about our hope of obtaining an SnS in another Ursoth-like event. Think about how intense this lb will be. With the re-release of SnS comes extremely unhealthy competition (players not sleeping, drama amongst players who are trying to tie, multiple players running on single accounts, macros, etc.)

Instead of re-releasing this pet - which they already did on accident during the winter event - they should create a pet to counter it in PvE. While Nekro does provide some sort of counter in PvP, in PvE there is nothign that comes close. As a timed runner I can tell you that nearly every single upper elite this season will consist of at least one SnS player. You want to know why? Because they can simply use the Arcane Ability in corners where the pools stack and GG.

There are two things we need to focus on. First, that although we are upset, the vast majority of players would not benefit from the pet coming back. Remember that the forums probably only account for 5-10% of players in Arcane Legends. Instead we should be up in arms as to why there have not been any pets to counter it in PvE (like a mythic version of SnS).

So before we all get too worked out, realize that SnS is not the end-all, and although it's really unfair for it not to return, I think its return would put the game off balance even more by keeping the SnS in the hands of the same people who had it in the first place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyona View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if SNS did return in the Ursoth Event this year.
    I think Remiem just said that to try and clear the air about the whole "transferring" pets situation.
    I sincerely hope so.... Even all the people I know that already have sns were assuming it would return this year (and even they agree that's it's been best long enough).... A year is long time to wait... If it's not coming back then i think there really needs to be better pet released.

Remi sounded pretty definitive in that statement though and the way she phrased it doesn't leave room for much hope to the contrary... I'd really like them to tell us what the deal is with these pets.

Quote Originally Posted by nevercan View Post
    Mine didnt because i know i wil never be able to buy one.
    I was planning on going insane this year to get one.... Sorry boss... I can't work this week... Need a shady n surge.... Lol.... Jk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

if stg has decided not to bring sns back, they most probably will bring something better instead.

imho nekro already is the better overall pet, and i can compare. the next big pet maybe will outshine sns in timed runs.

it s in the nature of mmos to evolve item stats over time and it s in the nature of mmo producers to provide the items and earn a living from that.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    Dalmony hit the nail on the head there. There's no reason why a player who dedicates tens of millions of gold (or thousands of plat) during an event should win the most OP pet in the entire game. There is very little motivation for most players to farm. Sure the new event is nice, and provides some sort of incentive to farm, but looking at my friends list it seems like at least 95% of my list is inactive.

What we are all failing to realize is that these frustrations are all about our hope of obtaining an SnS in another Ursoth-like event. Think about how intense this lb will be. With the re-release of SnS comes extremely unhealthy competition (players not sleeping, drama amongst players who are trying to tie, multiple players running on single accounts, macros, etc.)

Instead of re-releasing this pet - which they already did on accident during the winter event - they should create a pet to counter it in PvE. While Nekro does provide some sort of counter in PvP, in PvE there is nothign that comes close. As a timed runner I can tell you that nearly every single upper elite this season will consist of at least one SnS player. You want to know why? Because they can simply use the Arcane Ability in corners where the pools stack and GG.

There are two things we need to focus on. First, that although we are upset, the vast majority of players would not benefit from the pet coming back. Remember that the forums probably only account for 5-10% of players in Arcane Legends. Instead we should be up in arms as to why there have not been any pets to counter it in PvE (like a mythic version of SnS).

So before we all get too worked out, realize that SnS is not the end-all, and although it's really unfair for it not to return, I think its return would put the game off balance even more by keeping the SnS in the hands of the same people who had it in the first place.
    Raw... I totally agree...

I'm fully aware that if re-released that event is gonna be insane...

But as I run with many times runners sns is crazy op.... I do appreciate that necrko got a buff and is a decent counter in pvp, but as far as any pve pet goes (especially for timed runs) sns still takes the cake hands down... There needs to be a pve pet (not less than, but equal too) this pet...

If not it just leaves the rest of us striving to get second best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    if stg has decided not to bring sns back, they most probably will bring something better instead.

imho nekro already is the better overall pet, and i can compare. the next big pet maybe will outshine sns in timed runs.

it s in the nature of mmos to evolve item stats over time and it s in the nature of mmo producers to provide the items and earn a living from that.
    That's my whole question.... If no more sns then are we getting something better?

And necrko is awesome, but not for the same things.... Apples n oranges :-)