Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Why won't sns be returning this season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

I think that if anyone was expecting the return of Shady and Surge this year, the most realistic expectation was that it would be put into the event crates and that it would return annually, a bit like Whim. But then that still ties the 1 stand-out pet of the game to an extremely short availability when really it should be the ultimate prize that we are working towards all expansion long.

Putting it as a lb prize would just recreate the exact same problem (not to mention the ethically dubious nature of these types of lb events as a whole, and what they psychologically encourage players to do during the weeks of the event.)

Raw is right... if SnS currently occupies a ball park all of it's own, the best solution is to step up the game on pet stats (both pvp and pve orientated) and populate that park with other competitive pets - that's pets plural; New Arcane pets which outshine SnS, new mythic pets which are on a par with SnS or only slightly worse, and new legendary pets which are just slightly worse again (Not new legendary pets with meh stats which are never going to make it to the top of anyones pet rotation *new crate pets I'm looking at you.*)

Give us lots of new and highly desirable options, including some which are equal to and some which are greater than SnS.

His rise to OP-ville was based on the assumption that the power of pets an items should increase in order of release into the game, and his retirement from the limelight should be based on that same assumption, as well as being based on all of the other valid points raised in this thread.....
    Last edited by Dalmony; 04-03-2015 at 12:36 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    I think that if anyone was expecting the return of Shady and Surge this year, the most realistic expectation was that it would be put into the event crates and that it would return annually, a bit like Whim. But then that still ties the 1 stand-out pet of the game to an extremely short availability when really it should be the ultimate prize that we are working towards all expansion long.

Putting it as a lb prize would just recreate the exact same problem (not to mention the ethically dubious nature of these types of lb events as a whole, and what they psychologically encourage players to do during the weeks of the event.)

Raw is right... if SnS currently occupies a ball park all of it's own, the best solution is to step up the game on pet stats (both pvp and pve orientated) and populate that park with other competitive pets - that's pets plural; New Arcane pets which outshine SnS, new mythic pets which are on a par with SnS or only slightly worse, and new legendary pets which are just slightly worse again (Not new legendary pets with meh stats which are never going to make it to the top of anyones pet rotation *new crate pets I'm looking at you.*)

Give us lots of new and highly desirable options, including some which are equal to and some which are greater than SnS.

His rise to OP-ville was based on the assumption that the power of pets an items should increase in order of release into the game, and his retirement from the limelight should be based on that same assumption, as well as being based on all of the other valid points raised in this thread.....
    Yes... I'd be totally fine and shut my mouth if I could expect a new pet released that tops (or at least even mininum) with sns in the next couple months.

However I'm tired of waiting... It's already been a year and sooner is better than later.

Really hope they read this thread and give us an explanation soon

*edit was for spelling errors... Hate auto correct, lol
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

I might get banned. But yeah... truth is , stg likes some ppl more than others who likes Sns to be allowed to be traded to alt but not be available for other people anymore!
    Case closed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    I might get banned. But yeah... truth is , stg likes some ppl more than others who likes Sns to be allowed to be traded to alt but not be available for other people anymore!
    Case closed!
    I'll be honest... Though I don't think the trade was fair since pet was already lvled... I'd like to keep this thread about what's going to happen now... Will sns ever come back? Will better pet be released this urs event? Or are we all just waiting in vain?
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Could combine this thread with sns reaction thread... Same deal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    SNS isn't going anywhere for a very long time and it's going to take one heck of an OP pet to be able to top SNS (at which point people will cry for a nerf like they're doing about Nekro). The thing with nekro is that maybe 1 nekro per team is better than 1 sns per team. However, 2 nekro is not better than 2 SNS. Yesterday we had a clash where our team had 3 Nekros and I was third in line for AA, which pretty much made mine completely useless and I went to Samael. But, 3 SNS spammed to either stack or the be in a chain is extremely OP and absolutely difficult to beat. This pet is going to be the best pet in the game until the day this game dies.

I don't think this thread and that one are talking about the same thing. Zeus' thread was more of a joke to lighten things up a bit I think.

I think the real problem is that STS employees don't play this game at a high level. Sure, maybe they log in and run around a bit but if they seriously tried to be competitive in this game, they would realize SNS has been a finger in our eye for the last year and now this latest deal with transferring pets just adds insult to injury.
    Yes, yes, and yes...

I know Zeus's thread was started as a joke, but he said same thing and then whole thread turned that direction so I figured might as well combine them... Also I don't want to put any words in his mouth, but he stated that these pets need to end their rein as well....

And I totally agree with the fact that sts doesn't play their game enough... I believe they look to us for ideas and thoughts, but they fail at hearing the minority and not the majority sometimes.... As an mmo it's only gonna last if it's m.... Without the masses the rest get bored fast too.

And the goal of any of these type of games is to obtain the best gear/pets

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Sts employees use packs in arena, charge Nox bolt on one mob. They use heal(mage) in elites and use modifiers to get through an elite. If they ever took time to actually play game..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Twix For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    SNS isn't going anywhere for a very long time and it's going to take one heck of an OP pet to be able to top SNS (at which point people will cry for a nerf like they're doing about Nekro). The thing with nekro is that maybe 1 nekro per team is better than 1 sns per team. However, 2 nekro is not better than 2 SNS. Yesterday we had a clash where our team had 3 Nekros and I was third in line for AA, which pretty much made mine completely useless and I went to Samael. But, 3 SNS spammed to either stack or the be in a chain is extremely OP and absolutely difficult to beat. This pet is going to be the best pet in the game until the day this game dies.

I don't think this thread and that one are talking about the same thing. Zeus' thread was more of a joke to lighten things up a bit I think.

I think the real problem is that STS employees don't play this game at a high level. Sure, maybe they log in and run around a bit but if they seriously tried to be competitive in this game, they would realize SNS has been a finger in our eye for the last year and now this latest deal with transferring pets just adds insult to injury.
    Exactly. We've said it again, STS, play your own game. And we don't mean logging on and saying "Hey guys look at me!". If you don't know how to play, look on your own forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Im not sure if that's the issue, but it might explain why they let such a small group of people have the best pet in game for almost a year now...

I just want to be able to achieve the best or at least have a hope or something better coming... If the best stuff is already done and gone and the small group of people that did one event a year ago are forever gonna have the best, than what exactly do the rest of us have to look forward to?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    People who ran for sns were mostly plat buyers. As we kno sts caters only their buyers. They spend tons of plat especial for events. Makes sense. Surely hell spent thousands $$$$ for plats so sts transfer his sns. Its all about who's rich in real life.
    ^^^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

meh i want a chance to get SnS zzzz
    Lvl46 Rogue - Enterradora || Lvl46 Mage - Enterradori || Lvl41 Warrior - Enterradore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

The point is not about sns discontinue, but the special treatment for special ppl. Even elitetwink aka madxnoob got his sns transfered after this bang (i hope so) the case isnt closed, next question is why they was reject and now approve this transfer thing?

-- I Am Muted / PvP 8-9 Zone / Goat Hunter --

16.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #54
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Hey guys,

I am going to go ahead and lock down this thread to prevent further drama. Rest assured that feedback is getting passed along to the team. Remi will address things later this coming week.

Let's keep things friendly and forum appropriate.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com