Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Gear set up for "Round up"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have had the luck to group with awesome new player/friends that I just met recently on this in both Stronghold and Catacombs, where they not only round up, but always "trains" to a place while team does not agro at all trailing behind a bit distance and setup huge aoe kills.

It's really skills and health pots, team work and let "rounders" do their thing without interrupping, i guess, and it's not just bears, it's pally, war birds and full int mage. I was just amazed, it's like playing the old school druid/ranger went out pulling while the group rest up, bring back mob, repeat. All we needed to do was wait, sit, buff up get rdy, couple skills spam and kaboom, move on to the next spot, repeat.

What's even more interesting is when we started to take 2 paths in Stronghold and met jointly after the first bridge. 3 spots in Stronghold then king/queen, this is the first map in BS that I could play with 1 hand heh.

There were no pots used on the "rounders", but I always use damage pots now since Elly got me hooked

There's ought to be a video made for this like Phy's hideout runs/skill demo. I have a whole new aspect of game play and salute to you "rounders" doing it for the party.
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

And I blame tee for my pot addiction. Lol

Now if only you can find a way to stop dying... LMAO JK!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Hey I did a few runs win you earlier. Don't use elixirs there's no point. I can do I fine with out it. I think it is the most fun for bears ATM to. But the boss sucks. What ever that's all I have to say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ReddWolfAK View Post
    Hey I did a few runs win you earlier. Don't use elixirs there's no point. I can do I fine with out it. I think it is the most fun for bears ATM to. But the boss sucks. What ever that's all I have to say.
    We did?

Yeah there's no need for elixirs, but great damage on a bear sure is yummy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

No wayyy, Oh YOUR corrvus. Lol, when you said it it literaly went into one ear and out the other ;P I'll try play with you moar often
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Mits, you have GOT to let me run as one bear for that, sounds like just the kinda thing I like
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Best Rounder I have seen is actually a Paladin named Olli Walli. Not sure if he posts here though.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sky../ View Post
    Cool. I will mostly be on my pally (traigomuerte) since i still have 75k to go to get to lvl 56.
    Oh that was you? We did a handful of runs together (I was Urrsus) and was thinking, "What does that name mean? I think "murete" means death in Spanish"
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Best Rounder I have seen is actually a Paladin named Olli Walli. Not sure if he posts here though.
    Olliwalli is cool. I haven't played roundups with him but we leveled up together when we were grinding away to 56.

I give props to Narilover (56 Warbird) who was the first to introduce me to it some time back. He must have a deep pockets because he'll almost always pot up with a speed and tank elixir and if the group is weak he'll throw in a damage pot as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

hes registerd but not posting much! everyone should try to play with him stronghold to c and learn
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neko View Post
    Oh that was you? We did a handful of runs together (I was Urrsus) and was thinking, "What does that name mean? I think "murete" means death in Spanish"
    Oh yeah, that was just a hour or so ago hehe. Had to go to work so i left. Nice to see players you play with here on forum.

Ps. Traigo means bring. Muerte is death.
    Pps. No habla espanol. Lol. I do understand a bit though.
    Laazahater L56 Elf Awesomness : Traigomuerte L56 Pally
    Hanibaz L50 Int/Dex Bear : kraazeva L50 Dex bird
    Badbadtzmaru L27 Dex/Int Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

The key to rounding, if done, is for the other party members to NOT attack the train/rounded-up mobs; totally jacks it all up because the mobs will turn/stop to the attacking mage/bird usually and ignore the rounder.

On that note, on a whim last night (party knew I was rounding up), I decided to round up the entire trap room on Stronghold in one fell swoop, and see if I could do with no pots at all although I did indeed round the entire room at one shot, it was ugly and I was was constantly getting micro-stunned and burned 30 pots or so just making my way around the room. But it was epic to see me running back towards the entrance with the entire room in tow. However, it was just too much for the unpotted team and we all got a laugh out of it upon eating it (I owe you guys for elixirs, if you are reading this).
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very, I think it was 2-3 weeks ago. I forgot how I met OlliWalli but we met in Stronghold, and he was the first pally that showed me the move. Couple of us were wondering what's going on when a huge train of bandits showed up at the square, we took it down with fireworks and lag combo. After clean up on asile 5 I said "I don't know what's going on but I am playing along "

Very good memory when meeting awesome players that just open eyes for a noob like me

One of these days I need to jog down their stats and remember what they are wearing etc.
    Last edited by MITSUISUN; 03-22-2011 at 09:53 AM.
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    The key to rounding, if done, is for the other party members to NOT attack the train/rounded-up mobs; totally jacks it all up because the mobs will turn/stop to the attacking mage/bird usually and ignore the rounder.

On that note, on a whim last night (party knew I was rounding up), I decided to round up the entire trap room on Stronghold in one fell swoop, and see if I could do with no pots at all although I did indeed round the entire room at one shot, it was ugly and I was was constantly getting micro-stunned and burned 30 pots or so just making my way around the room. But it was epic to see me running back towards the entrance with the entire room in tow. However, it was just too much for the unpotted team and we all got a laugh out of it upon eating it (I owe you guys for elixirs, if you are reading this).
    Ahh...'splains the messiness last night. *grin* Sorry about that.

From where I was (middle of the room, and where other groups I've played with stand) I thought you were bringing the mob for us to kill but in fact you were trying to round up the ENTIRE room! Ambitious! We usually take out the mob in two groups: first loop (we stand just ahead of the row of three firepits leading into that room), then the back wall (which is where I was when I was picking off that congo line). Hmm...I wish I was playing Corrvus at the time as my "chubby bird" Urrsus just didn't quite have as strong an AOE to wipe the mob out as quickly. I also wish I was in a better vantage point to take a screencap.

If anything, lemme owe you some pots - my pot spamming is just part of the fun.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Speaking of doing the "round up" or "death train", has anybody seen anyone do it successfully in other maps?

It is especially suitable for stronghold just because of the nature of the map:
    1. 1st room is annoying to do regularly because all the mobs are spread out
    2. straight and right corridor round up nicely because the tank can take an alternate path and everyone can meet in the middle
    3. backroom is annoying to do with all the fire traps

I've never been in a group in any of the other maps and seen someone do a death train. It seems like those other maps aren't as suitable, but it must be possible and is probably at least slightly faster as well. I think the ideal would be like Moosefooger mentioned - basically all DPS hold onto their attacks until everything is rounded up, and then everyone combos together. If the party is fairly strong and everyone coordinates to chain their combos, a lot of times there are fireworks and then everything is dead.

I'm thinking about doing some tests to see the max range for pulling groups away from their spawn points, but I wanted to first see if anyone else has experience with this. Also, if anyone is interested in running some death trains, I'm on most evenings after 6-7pm PST (break for dinner).

Kiitz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiitz View Post
    Speaking of doing the "round up" or "death train", has anybody seen anyone do it successfully in other maps?

It is especially suitable for stronghold just because of the nature of the map:
    1. 1st room is annoying to do regularly because all the mobs are spread out
    2. straight and right corridor round up nicely because the tank can take an alternate path and everyone can meet in the middle
    3. backroom is annoying to do with all the fire traps

I've never been in a group in any of the other maps and seen someone do a death train. It seems like those other maps aren't as suitable, but it must be possible and is probably at least slightly faster as well. I think the ideal would be like Moosefooger mentioned - basically all DPS hold onto their attacks until everything is rounded up, and then everyone combos together. If the party is fairly strong and everyone coordinates to chain their combos, a lot of times there are fireworks and then everything is dead.

I'm thinking about doing some tests to see the max range for pulling groups away from their spawn points, but I wanted to first see if anyone else has experience with this. Also, if anyone is interested in running some death trains, I'm on most evenings after 6-7pm PST (break for dinner).

Kiitz
    Works in CTK but some enemies have short leaches so you have to know where and when pretty well.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Works in CTK but some enemies have short leaches so you have to know where and when pretty well.
    Yeah, but you can do CTK pretty much as fast as you can run so no need. I meant more just sewers maps.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Big room in Pitz is a candidate

But I wouldn't bother there since it's better to do a speed run. My fun in Pitz is timing the first set of fire traps so you can walk down the middle unscathed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kiitz
    I group with couple people on "death train" ing in catacombs. about hmmm 2-3 trains then boss. I think it's best for pally or crazy mage to take this on because of heal/drain life/mana shield / hp pot etc. It's just pure mad skills you guys/rounders do what you do.

I am just a bird sitting quietly on the side line and trailing behind and setup thorn wall + Shatter + Blast shot + avian scream

I bet, if someone takes a screenshot, he/she will be the winnter of Elly's Leroy Jenkins contest =)

Plasticuproject

Kiitz I greatly enjoyed doing Stronghold runs with you the other day. You are a kitting machine! Pro bear supreme!!