Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PL 5 years on...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default PL 5 years on...

First of all, Happy Easter to you all.

Secondly, I've just realised that I've been playing PL since it first came out, which means I've been playing for 5 years! (Hooray!)

What I'm really here for is that I want to ask what the biggest change in the game has been and what the stupidest change/update has been. Of course, these two things can be the same, but then again, I want to hear what you guys think.
    "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
    Matthew 11:28

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

I think the worst change was when Sts made al

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to End For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

The biggest change was when PL stopped updating(i still remember seeing my friends going :,( )
    The stupidest change is people getting careless for their gold now, seriously, if you try to find a less priced thing for like 2hrs you can get through c.s
    "Treat others like you want yourself to be treated, time will reflect your doing upon you someday..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingshahzeb View Post
    The biggest change was when PL stopped updating(i still remember seeing my friends going :,( )
    The stupidest change is people getting careless for their gold now, seriously, if you try to find a less priced thing for like 2hrs you can get through c.s
    You have friends?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    You have friends?
    Yep!
    but why u asked dat?
    "Treat others like you want yourself to be treated, time will reflect your doing upon you someday..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Biggest change for me was most likely the ingenuity in their first couple elite caps. With Sewers came crafting, with nuri came very nearly mini games but were never finished, with fang... What killed me and lots of PvE the thrasher pwnage punch. With humania idk I was inactive. With BsM idk either but slayer was cool.
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    Biggest change for me was most likely the ingenuity in their first couple elite caps. With Sewers came crafting, with nuri came very nearly mini games but were never finished, with fang... What killed me and lots of PvE the thrasher pwnage punch. With humania idk I was inactive. With BsM idk either but slayer was cool.
    The worst would be thrasher and them making leveling requirement only sane for people who use thrasher. Took all the work and fun out of PvE and farming.
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    I think the worst change was when Sts made al
    Pocket legends woudnt of been here without arcane legends

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ssneakykills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    Vice-versa
    Hope is Hungry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Aye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I think you said that backwards.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I could argue the other way around :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Cmon google.

conversely, inversely, the other way round, contrariwise, oppositely, in reverse, reciprocally

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Arcane Legends wouldnt been here without Pocket Legends.

Sad that pocket legends doesn't get anymore updates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

come to forums and still see people complaining haha, a companies gotta grow you silly children, AL wouldn't be here without PL and PL wouldn't be here without AL, or yes PL would be here without AL but who knows what would happen if AL didn't happen, they would slowly shut down? or they wouldn't progress in the mobilised gaming industry at all
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jig For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I kind of come here when vainglory forums get boring (which they rarely do, tons of new people's everyday) or if there's news about coc, still surprised people believe in pl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Pl is still a fun game with updates or not that's why people still believe in it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oculus View Post
    I kind of come here when vainglory forums get boring (which they rarely do, tons of new people's everyday) or if there's news about coc, still surprised people believe in pl.
    I think partly why people still believe in it is because it is and was one of the most revolutionary games in the App Store. This was the first game to bring a highly competitive pvp scene based around skill to the Mmo market. Not only that, but it was one of the first mmorpg's to really feel like a PC one, even if it wasn't quite as big and glamorous. It still has the potential to be a kind of "World of Warcraft" for mobile gaming and it's a shame the developers have scrapped it and ignored its potential.

Honestly, they needed one Mmorpg (as opposed to many) to work on because making many simply caused them to compete with themselves in their own market. This is why we see them branching out to different genres because they're trying to extend their player base and raise their income. It's just sad that they decided to make AL that one. I think they feel that over the years with PL, SL, and DL, they were able to learn a lot more to make AL a success. But AL just doesn't have what PL has. If you've ever looked into the Smash Bros. Documentary, PL is a lot like Smash Bros. melee. It's a beautiful accident and it remains the only one of the four mmorpgs made by STG which still has the potential to be something amazing. The smooth combat, good use of Incomparables, fun campaign, cool graphics, and good pvp map design has just all come together to make it unique beyond comparison.

But will STG update PL? I don't think so. PL is in really deep and AL is popular. This means that to capitalize on PL, they'll need to put in several times the amount of effort they'd need to put in for AL, and there's no telling if PL will revive itself again if they do. So from a business perspective, it would be a major gamble, and one that they don't even need to take. But from a gaming perspective, these guys are crazy not to update PL. They literally stumbled onto a gold mine and something that could potentially make history for mobile mmorpgs in a similar fashion that WoW did. But in their opinion, it's just not worth the risk. Plus, I, myself, question if the developers are even capable of balancing PL. They've tried in the past and failed miserably, demonstrating that they're not very good at balancing. (Which of course makes me skeptical about Call of Champions but that's another topic.)

But in my humble opinion, they should rethink their position. PL has more potential than AL ever had or ever will have. The game could straight up be insane and the competitive pvp scene would explode with exponential growth if they managed to balance the game once again. It seems to me that they could at least take some small steps with the game like perhaps allowing a team of long time players to communicate and adjust stats/gear/skills appropriately. People are searching for the competitive scene in mobile gaming. If you don't believe me, check the pvp leaderboards in even some lame Mobile mmorpgs. The community is out there and it's looking for a home. If PL were balanced, word would spread like wildfire and people would pour into the community. That's what happened in 2010-early 2011, and that's what would happen again. People don't join a game for the pvp scene when they're told in Forest Haven and Balefort castle at level 5 that "The game is unbalanced" and "it's all luck at cap" or, "This game takes no skill."

Anyways, maybe I'm rambling a bit so let me summarize. People see the potential of PL and it's sad to us to see it die because we know how unique and amazing the game is. But because STG lacks the resources (and the will) to put effort into this game, there's not anything we can do but hang around and pray that one day STG or someone else will see its potential and pick it up again. Such a hope is faint indeed, but we can't help it.
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 04-17-2015 at 03:16 AM.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    I think partly why people still believe in it is because it is and was one of the most revolutionary games in the App Store. This was the first game to bring a highly competitive pvp scene based around skill to the Mmo market. Not only that, but it was one of the first mmorpg's to really feel like a PC one, even if it wasn't quite as big and glamorous. It still has the potential to be a kind of "World of Warcraft" for mobile gaming and it's a shame the developers have scrapped it and ignored its potential.

Honestly, they needed one Mmorpg (as opposed to many) to work on because making many simply caused them to compete with themselves in their own market. This is why we see them branching out to different genres because they're trying to extend their player base and raise their income. It's just sad that they decided to make AL that one. I think they feel that over the years with PL, SL, and DL, they were able to learn a lot more to make AL a success. But AL just doesn't have what PL has. If you've ever looked into the Smash Bros. Documentary, PL is a lot like Smash Bros. melee. It's a beautiful accident and it remains the only one of the four mmorpgs made by STG which still has the potential to be something amazing. The smooth combat, good use of Incomparables, fun campaign, cool graphics, and good pvp map design has just all come together to make it unique beyond comparison.

But will STG update PL? I don't think so. PL is in really deep and AL is popular. This means that to capitalize on PL, they'll need to put in several times the amount of effort they'd need to put in for AL, and there's no telling if PL will revive itself again if they do. So from a business perspective, it would be a major gamble, and one that they don't even need to take. But from a gaming perspective, these guys are crazy not to update PL. They literally stumbled onto a gold mine and something that could potentially make history for mobile mmorpgs in a similar fashion that WoW did. But in their opinion, it's just not worth the risk. Plus, I, myself, question if the developers are even capable of balancing PL. They've tried in the past and failed miserably, demonstrating that they're not very good at balancing. (Which of course makes me skeptical about Call of Champions but that's another topic.)

But in my humble opinion, they should rethink their position. PL has more potential than AL ever had or ever will have. The game could straight up be insane and the competitive pvp scene would explode with exponential growth if they managed to balance the game once again. It seems to me that they could at least take some small steps with the game like perhaps allowing a team of long time players to communicate and adjust stats/gear/skills appropriately. People are searching for the competitive scene in mobile gaming. If you don't believe me, check the pvp leaderboards in even some lame Mobile mmorpgs. The community is out there and it's looking for a home. If PL were balanced, word would spread like wildfire and people would pour into the community. That's what happened in 2010-early 2011, and that's what would happen again. People don't join a game for the pvp scene when they're told in Forest Haven and Balefort castle at level 5 that "The game is unbalanced" and "it's all luck at cap" or, "This game takes no skill."

Anyways, maybe I'm rambling a bit so let me summarize. People see the potential of PL and it's sad to us to see it die because we know how unique and amazing the game is. But because STG lacks the resources (and the will) to put effort into this game, there's not anything we can do but hang around and pray that one day STG or someone else will see its potential and pick it up again. Such a hope is faint indeed, but we can't help it.

Keyboard warrior lol

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Why should I say I'll have strangers come over to my house!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itoopeo View Post
    Keyboard warrior lol

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk
    He made his point clear, that response you just made ain't gonna help.